Pressure Cooker apricot chicken just needs 5 ingredients and is the perfect dinner atop a bed of rice! If you have an Instant Pot you’ve gotta’ try this!
If you’re looking for a family friendly meal that even your kids will love, this pressure cooker apricot chicken is it! Tender chicken swimming in a sweet sauce served on a bed of rice, it’s now one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes.
Have you ever made apricot glazed chicken??
It. Is. So. Good.
BUT, if you want to make it in just about 20 minutes flat this pressure cooker apricot chicken is the way to go!
I’m talking it’s a meal your kids will ask you to make over and over again.
Reasons why we love apricot glazed chicken in a pressure cooker
- It’s super cheap – about $15 to feed all 5 of us
- Apricot chicken breast is just sweet enough to put smiles on my kids’ faces
- The chicken comes out tender and bite size
- Cooked in our Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi it takes just 20 minutes to finish this and a batch of rice
You need just 5 ingredients to make pressure cooker apricot chicken
- Chicken – bite size, boneless, skinless breasts – could use chicken thighs as well
- Chicken broth
- Apricot preserves
- Catalina salad dressing
- Onion soup mix
- Onion – this is really optional
- Cornstarch if you want to thicken sauce
To give you an idea, this feeds all 5 of us and costs about $15 total including the cost of rice.
- That means it is listed on our roundup of cheap Instant Pot recipes!
You may be thinking that this pressure cooker apricot chicken sounds awfully sweet. Well, it’s really not over the top.
The color is a bit deceiving. It has a nice hint of apricot flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
There is NO precooking required either!!
You just throw in all 5 ingredients, stir so it’s well combined, and cook on high for 4 minutes.
Seriously, that’s it.
- I usually use my mini Instant Pot to make rice but if you’re looking for easy rv meals I’d use these Minute rice cups!
Why do we call it apricot chicken?
- No there are no whole apricots inside, but we used apricot preserves.
- You could alternatively use orange marmelade and it would be more similar to our Instant Pot orange chicken recipe.
Looking for more easy Instant Pot chicken recipes?
- You’ll love this Instant Pot Hawaiian chicken
- Creamy pressure cooker chicken and rice
- Our pressure cooker chicken pot pie soup is amazing
Ready to make some sweet pressure cooker apricot chicken??
Pressure Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Add all ingredients except cornstarch into your pressure cooker, stir together so everything is coated well.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release when done.
- Turn pot off, then push saute. In a separate small bowl add 3 tbsp cornstarch + 4 tbsp. of hot liquid from your pot. Whisk together so it is smooth.
- Pour this cornstarch mixture into your pot once the liquid in your pot starts bubbling. Stir.
- Slowly stir for 1-2 minutes, will thicken slightly. Then turn pot off.
- Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes so sauce continues to thicken. Serve over rice!