Crockpot crack chicken is great made into sandwiches or little appetizer sliders! Tender cream cheese chicken shredded to perfection in your slow cooker.
Have you made crockpot crack chicken yet?? I’ts kinda’ beyond incredible and I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love it. Just shred your meat and put it on some buns for dinner and you’re set for all the YUMs! Just one of our favorite crockpot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog.
- Crack chicken ingredients are pretty basic no matter how you make it. We used our slow cooker this time but I’ll share how you can make this in your pressure cooker and/or with noodles too!
Ready for the ultimate easy cheap crockpot meal that costs under $20 too??
Our crockpot crack chicken recipe is THAT one you’ll put on your meal rotation for sure.
Like I said, we’ve made cream cheese chicken in many forms:
- Our Instant Pot crack chicken casserole has been our most popular
- Pressure cooker crack chicken is a faster version than this one here
- Crack chicken dip
This is what you need to make slow cooker crack chicken recipe:
- Chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- boneless, skinless
- Cream cheese
- Cooked bacon or real bacon bits
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- use 1.5 tbsp. of homemade ranch dip mix below if you can’t find packets in store
- Garlic powder
- Green onions diced are optional
Homemade ranch seasoning recipe
Use ALL dry ingredients to make this. Mix and use 1.5 – 2 tbsp for recipe below.
- 1/2 c buttermilk powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder and garlic powder
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 teaspoon dry chives
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
Steps to make this crockpot chicken easy recipe this week!
It is not totally necessary but for easier cleanup I suggest spraying the inside of your pot with non stick spray. Some use crockpot liners but I am not a fan of cooking with plastic of any kind. Totally up to you though.
- Lay your boneless skinless chicken breasts (or you could use thighs if you prefer) on the bottom.
- Cut your room temp cream cheese into 4 equal pieces and place on top of your meat.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing packet seasoning on top of that.
- Then shredded cheeses go on top of everything else.
- If you’d like to add a bit of garlic powder and/or pepper now would be the time to do so.
- Close lid and set to 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours cooking time.
- Shred the chicken and stir in bacon and/or green onions at this time.
- Serve any way you please!
I kid you not the ranch flavor is not overpowering but provides a TON of flavor that takes this chicken slow cooker recipe over the top.
How do you fork shred chicken?
- Use one hand or a fork to hold the chicken steady.
- With the other hand use another fork to scrape and tear the meat into small shredded pieces.
- Then mix with other ingredients if it is not plain shredded chicken
This is a great recipe to serve when you have people over, or to bring to a potluck. Why?? Because you can double this if need be and cook a bit longer for larger crowds. It is also a pretty cheap crockpot recipe because there are very few ingredients and you can find store brands for almost everything.
How do you serve crack chicken?
It is totally up to you of course but I have a few suggestions if you’re looking for a few new ideas:
- Inside lettuce wraps
- In small rolls for sliders
- Heaped on to hamburger buns for sandwiches
- Served over white rice
- Alone with a side of vegetables
If you’re looking for a keto friendly version you can use lettuce wraps instead of making rolls. Chicken broth or water are not needed to make this because when the meat cooks it will create the liquid it will need to cook properly and become creamy.
- Looking for comfort food?? This is it!!
If you’re looking for a healthy crack chicken recipe why bother??? This is all about creamy chicken PACKED with flavor, a guilty pleasure of sorts. We all need a cheater meal and this one is so worth it.
Looking for other easy crockpot chicken recipes?
We love our crockpot chicken cacciatore. That one is on the healthier side of things.
- Chicken soup in the crockpot isn’t for just those days when you’re feeling under the weather.
- This crockpot orange chicken recipe has no breading and only needs a few ingredients too.
- Slow cooker chicken thighs are always an easy one too.
Print recipe below and make it this week!
Crockpot Crack Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken breasts used 4 med. size pcs., boneless and skinless
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 cheese colby jack used, shredded
- 1 pkg. ranch dressing seasoning 1 oz
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 slices bacon precooked, diced, optional
- Spray non stick spray into your slow cooker and put chicken breasts at the bottom. Cut cream cheese blocks in half and put on top of meat.
- Sprinkle in ranch seasoning and garlic powder, then add cheese on top of everything.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When time is up use two forks to shred chicken and stir all ingredients together so chicken is nice and coated. (if it shreds super easy with forks it is done, if breasts are thick and it is a bit tough then leave in for more time) Add bacon if you'd like now.
- Serve on buns, bread or rolls.