Here is an easy crockpot orange chicken recipe to make that cooks on it’s own in your crockpot. Heathy and easy to make, even my kids love this one!
Enjoy our favorite crockpot orange chicken recipe that’s easy to make. This is one of our favorite crockpot recipes. There’s no breading with a thick sweet sauce that cooks itself in the slow cooker! (originally published 10/13)
It’s our favorite Panda Express meal when we go out to eat! We have tried it in the freezer section to cook at home in the oven, and now we have our own recipe that is healthier.
This is probably one the best easy crockpot meals we make.
We are a busy family of 5 and both work full time, so I am always on the lookout and creating something quick. But I also want something healthy that everyone will love.
If you make it this way without any breading it is healthier than the fried version for sure. Everything in moderation of course.
That is up to you if you’re making it homemade. Add chili powder or red pepper flakes for heat or leave mild as we did here.
The flavors are just amazing and quite refreshing. Just sweet enough with a thick sauce that coats every piece. You don’t need a whopping amount to get your fix.
Put all of the ingredients in your crockpot for about 6-8 hours on low. I use a smaller crockpot so the juices are really soaked up, a 6 qt. crockpot like this one is great for this recipe.
Crockpot orange chicken
- Chicken – boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Barbecue sauce
- Orange marmelade
- Soy sauce
- Diced green onions
- Sesame seeds on top
- Red pepper flakes for some heat
Before putting the chicken in cut it into large bite sized pieces, or use chicken tenders and put in whole.
Pour everything else in and stir so everything is mixed together. I have used a bit of soy sauce as well for added flavor at times.
Will be done in just a few hours (if you want it to cook longer use a larger crockpot and put full size chicken breasts in and it will take longer to cook) and really sucks up the sweet goodness in that time.
Crockpot orange chicken recipe
- I use a rice cooker because it is fast and I use one with a steaming basket on top so it cooks the rice and veggies at the same time in about 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have a rice cooker like this you can grab one here...or if you have a pressure cooker you can make our Instant Pot white rice on the side.
If you want this meal in just 4 minutes try our Instant Pot orange chicken recipe.
Time needed: 6 hours.
Crockpot Orange Chicken
- Add ingredients
Place all ingredients above in your slow cooker (use 1/8 c. marmalade if you just want a hint of orange)
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. or high for 4 hours but honestly it is 10x better on low. If you are cooking on high cube chicken before placing in crockpot.
Before you’re ready (and hr. before is good) mix some of the hot bbq sauce in crock with cornstarch into a small bowl and then empty that into your crock to simmer for a little while and thicken sauce.
Serve over rice for a great meal.
Slow cooker orange chicken
Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Place all ingredients above in your slow cooker (use 1/8 c. marmalade if you just want a hint of orange)
- Turn crockpot to low for 6-8 hrs. or high for 4 hours but honestly it is 10x better on low.
- If you are cooking on high cube chicken before placing in crockpot.
- Before you’re ready (and hr. before is good) mix some of the hot bbq sauce in crock with cornstarch into a small bowl and then empty that into your crock to simmer for a little while and thicken sauce.
- Serve over rice for a great meal.
If you love this crockpot orange chicken recipe here is another easy and delicious slow cooker recipe that is my most popular pin!!