Here is an easy crockpot orange chicken recipe to make that cooks on it’s own in your crockpot. Heathy and easy to make, even my kids love this one!
This is one of our favorite recipes….and it is made in a crockpot of course!! So we love orange chicken when we go out to eat, we have tried it in the freezer section to cook at home in the oven, and now we have our own recipe that is healthier (not breaded) and is super tasty + it cooks itself in the slow cooker! Enjoy our favorite crockpot orange chicken recipe that’s easy to make…..and one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 10/13)
This is just one of many really easy crockpot dinners we make.
We are a busy family of 5 and both work full time so I am always on the lookout and creating something quick, pretty healthy, and everyone will love.
This is a great one. I have tried this many ways and both turn out well. Here are the two ways….
Put all of the above ingredients in the crockpot for about 3 – 4 hours on low. I use a smaller crockpot so the juices are really soaked up, a 2 qt. crockpot like this one is great for this recipe (affiliate link).
Crockpot orange chicken recipe
- Chicken – boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Barbecue sauce
- Orange marmelade
- Soy sauce – optional
- Cornstarch – optional
Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 c orange marmalade buy whatever brand is on sale
- 2 c barbecue sauce honey style
- 2-4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Place all ingredients above in your slow cooker (use 1/8 c. marmalade if you just want a hint of orange)
- Turn crockpot to low for 6-8 hrs. or high for 4 hours but honestly it is 10x better on low.
- If you are cooking on high cube chicken before placing in crockpot.
- Before you're ready (and hr. before is good) mix some of the hot bbq sauce in crock with cornstarch into a small bowl and then empty that into your crock to simmer for a little while and thicken sauce.
- Serve over rice for a great meal.
Before putting the chicken in cut it into large bite sized pieces, or use chicken tenders and put in whole.
Pour everything else in and stir so everything is mixed together. I have used a bit of soy sauce as well for added flavor at times.
Will be done in just a few hours (if you want it to cook longer use a larger crockpot and put full size chicken breasts in and it will take longer to cook) and really sucks up the sweet goodness in that time. We serve it over rice.
I use a rice cooker because it is fast and I use one with a steaming basket on top so it cooks the rice and veggies at the same time in about 20 minutes. If you don’t have a rice cooker like this you can grab one here...highly recommend it for us buy moms.
If you want this meal in just 4 minutes try our Instant Pot orange chicken recipe.
If you love this crockpot orange chicken recipe here is another easy and delicious slow cooker recipe that is my most popular pin!!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉