This easy 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe is the easiest you will ever make. Just dump everything into your slow cooker in the morning and enjoy for dinner! You can spice it up if you like or leave it as is. Serve it inside baked potatoes or on top rice for the perfect hearty dinner.
I came up with this 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe years ago, it worked well on a day when I was going to be away (since it cooks by itself in the crockpot), and it’s great when it’s “chilly” outside! 😉 This is literally the easiest slow cooker chili recipe you will find. You dump this 5 ingredient chili into your crock pot, and the only thing you need to “cook” is the ground beef (if you don’t like meat in your chili just leave it out). It’s one of our very first and our most popular crockpot recipes. (originally published 12/12)
Even when it is warm outside this is our go to meal! It’s actually pretty healthy and inexpensive to make…not to mention it tastes great and I love it because it is really a dump and go meal we all enjoy!
Here is what you will need and just how easy it is to prepare this easy 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe in your slow cooker / crockpot.
- Ground beef (or ground turkey, or omit entirely)
- Kidney beans (I usually use these)
- Diced tomatoes (I like these)
- Tomato sauce (this small can is perfect)
- Onion (optional, fresh or minced/dehydrated)
You can serve it over rice or we have even put a few potatoes in the microwave (make sure to pierce them first) and served this easy chili recipe over that with some shredded sharp cheese on top!
If you’re in a real hurry you can make this in just 15 minutes using our easy Instant Pot chili directions too.
Here is basically how we make it:
- First brown the meat and empty into the crockpot
- Then dump all the other ingredients into the crockpot on top of that (shown is a lg. can of tomato sauce because that’s all I had so I used half the can, I usually use a smaller can), with 1/4 a can of water as well and stir.
- Let it cook all day long on low which makes the means really soft and flavorful as they, and the meat, soak up the good juices from the sauce.
- We typically serve it on top of rice or inside potatoes, here’s the best way to make baked potatoes
- It’s a great meal and quite healthy too!
- If you don’t like meat just make it vegetarian.
I like to use a smaller crockpot for this one, smaller meaning it still feeds the 5 of us with leftovers for lunch the next day…about a 2 quart size crockpot, like the one you see here .
I swear by my rice cooker and pressure cooker to make Instant Pot white rice too!!
If you don’t have one I would HIGHLY suggest picking either one up! They aren’t expensive and last forever.
I still have the rice cooker I got for a wedding present 9 years ago and it is still going strong. It has a basket on top too where you can put veggies which makes my life a lot easier as I put the rice in, cut veggies and put them in the basket, start the thing and all of that is done in about 20 minutes.
You can get your own rice cooker + steamer here like mine if you don’t have one already….wouldn’t be without mine!
5 Ingredient Crockpot Chili Recipe
- 1 can diced tomatoes we like petite, 15 oz.
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz.
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 packet chili seasoning spice aisle (or use 1 tbsp. Lawry's + 1 tbsp. minced dehydrated onions)
- 1/3 c. water only if you want a thinner version
- 1 tsp chili powder optional - if you want a bit of spice
- Brown your ground beef on the stovetop
- Drain meat and add to your crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients and stir
- Put on low in your crockpot to cook all day but at least for 4 hrs minimum.
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes?
- Crockpot macaroni and cheese recipe
- Bloody mary chili can be made in the crockpot
- Easy crockpot lasagna recipe
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!