37+ Air Fryer dinner recipes are here for you to try. Family friendly healthier alternative recipes for air fryers of any brand that taste amazing!
Have you just purchased one of these nifty devices and now looking for air fryer dinner recipes?? Well I was when I first got mine! Let us share our air fryer recipes as well as some from my favorite food bloggers. (originally published 4/19, affiliate links present)
I was obsessed with this machine after making just one meal. It made my chicken crispier than I could ever have imagined.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
We started experimenting at first with the hope of creating delicious recipes. First was this air fryer whole chicken you see above.
- OH MY juiciness on the inside, and crispy on the outside. Seasoned air fried chicken skin is the best!
Let start with what machine we’re using. Ours is called the pressure cooker and air fryer has a dual function, but if yours is a different brand you’re still good to go.
- Make sure you grab a free air fryer cookbook too so you can air fry everything all year long
- It will help you figure out things like how long to cook frozen hamburger in an air fryer and such.
- Then LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
Air fryer dinner recipes
- With our air fryer cook times chart. This will be a lifesaver! Print it out and put it on your fridge.
- You can get a magnetic version here too.
After that you will feel a bit more comfortable. It’s nice to be able to look and see about how long something will take to cook.
Of course cook times vary depending on how thick your pieces of meat are for example. But I find the timing listed above is pretty dead on.
- I’m telling you, these recipes taste like fried foods but just cook with circulating hot air to cook the food. Crispy chicken without being deep fried is a game changer I tell you!
We will start with our air fryer fried chicken recipe! We used chicken legs but if you could make air fryer chicken breasts using this same technique. I’d slice your breasts in half before breading them though so they cook through.
- We’ve made homemade chicken tenders in the air fryer too, wrapped in bacon!
Air fryer accessories
- If you’re going for classics, make these hot dogs with a batch of air fryer hamburgers. They will be a hit!
- Served with some air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks the kids will love it.
We share a long list of easy air fryer Costco recipes using their Kirkland foods here.
Then on to our bacon wrapped air fryer steak. OH MY my mouth is still drooling after eating these 2 weeks ago.
Of course you can leave the bacon off, but believe me it takes these over the top! Use whatever type of steak you like. Using just the air fryer you get a crispy outside but it still stays pink inside as you see here.
If you have a Ninja Foodi you can make steak and potatoes at the same time!
Now let’s look at this incredible salmon in the air fryer recipe! Here are the basic instructions below:
Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
- Lay filet on cutting board. In a bowl mix together seasonings well and rub on the meat side, leave skin side alone.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray and lay fish inside with skin side facing down.
- Put slices of butter on top. Close basket and set to 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Timing will depend on how "well done" you like your fish.
- Ready for some ultimate comfort food? Take it over the top with this air fryer Monte Cristo recipe.
- I HIGHLY suggest you try this one some night. Even my non beef loving children loved this.
We also make air fryer chicken thighs pretty often because:
- You can change them up with a different rub or sauce on them.
- Thighs are super cheap.
- The meat comes out tender with a crispy skin on the outside.
- Works well with bone-in thighs as well as boneless.
If you want to use frozen bagged favorites, we have air fryer orange chicken instructions here too.
Need some healthy air fryer recipes right about now? Start with air fryer frozen fish and we will go from there. You can serve it with some air fryer garlic bread for a treat, or pair these with air fryer tilapia.
Here are some questions you might have in mind right now:
Just about everything! From chicken to pork, and desserts too. It’s our new favorite appliance for making family friendly meals. Here is a list of our favorite recipes.
Of course! One of our favorite meals is air fryer steak bites on top of rice or put into tacos.
We stuff them with:
- 5 ingredient chili – made in the crockpot
- Sour cream and bacon bits
Want breakfast or lunch for dinner??
- Hard boiled eggs alone make a great breakfast.
- Diced up you can make egg salad sandwiches, or add them to the best chicken salad sandwiches.
- Air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers are good.
To round up breakfast for dinner, try these air fryer french toast sticks too!
We have a ton of Ninja air fryer recipes you can follow. Any brand can really work though some use pressure cooking with the air fryer function at the end.
Air fryer dinners
- Here’s a basic air fryer chicken wings recipe that is always a winner
- Try air fryer pork chops that come out perfectly
- Low carb air fryer chicken tenders are here
- Here are more air fryer chicken breast recipes.
- Air fryer bang bang shrimp looks amazing
- This air fryer lemon garlic salmon would make a family friendly dinner idea
If you want a lighter side dish style dinner we love our air fryer brussel sprouts
Since you’re using just hot circulating air to cook your food it’s much healthier than a deep fryer. BUT you won’t lose out on the crunchiness you love.
- These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites would fall into the brussels category too. Great side dishes or vegetarian options.
- I’ve heard raving reviews about this air fryer coconut shrimp recipe.
- The best frozen chicken wings in an air fryer are here.
- or frozen chicken breast in air fryer when you forget to defrost dinner
- Wow, these buffalo chicken wontons in the air fryer sound great.
- My kids love making these air fryer frozen burritos.
- We love an air fryer quesadilla sometimes
- Our air fryer fajitas are to die for.
- For the holidays, or just because, try this air fryer honey baked ham!!
I have a list of Instant Pot dinner recipes too. With all of this you should have hundreds of meals to choose from.