37+ Air Fryer dinner recipes are here for you to try. Family friendly healthy chicken, pork, beef and vegetarian recipes for air fryers of any brand that taste amazing!
Have you just purchased one of these nifty devices and now looking for air fryer dinner recipes?? Well I was when I first got mine! Let us share our air fryer recipes as well as some from my favorite food bloggers. (originally published 4/19, affiliate links present)
Easy Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
I was obsessed with this machine after making just one meal. It made my chicken crispier than I could ever have imagined.
Now I use my Ninja Foodi on a daily basis and can’t imagine not having it anymore. I can make homemade popcorn chicken, tender breasts, fajitas and more in no time at all.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- This is the best air fryer cookbook. It’s important to know and remember how to preheat air fryer for best results.
- Here’s a printable free air fryer cooking time chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page below where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
We started experimenting at first with the hope of creating delicious recipes. First was this air fryer whole chicken you see above.
- OH MY juiciness on the inside, and crispy on the outside. Seasoned air fried chicken skin is the best!
Let start with what machine we’re using. Ours is called the pressure cooker and air fryer has a dual function, but if yours is a different brand you’re still good to go.
- Make sure you grab a free air fryer cookbook too so you can air fry everything all year long
- It will help you figure out things like how long to cook frozen hamburger in an air fryer and such.
- Then LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
Air fryer dinner recipes
Ninja Foodi Dinner Recipes
After that you will feel a bit more comfortable. It’s nice to be able to look and see about how long something will take to cook.
- With our air fryer cook times chart. This will be a lifesaver! Print it out and put it on your fridge.
- You can get a magnetic version here too.
Of course cook times vary depending on how thick your pieces of meat are for example. But I find the timing listed above is pretty dead on.
- I’m telling you, these recipes taste like fried foods but just cook with circulating hot air to cook the food. Crispy chicken without being deep fried is a game changer I tell you!
We will start with our air fryer fried chicken recipe! We used chicken legs but if you could make air fryer chicken breasts using this same technique. I’d slice your breasts in half before breading them though so they cook through.
- We’ve made homemade chicken tenders in the air fryer too, wrapped in bacon!
Air fryer accessories
- Air fryer basket
- This air fryer grill pan
- Tongs with silicone
Now on to our batch of air fryer hot dogs, or chili dogs as we made them into! You don’t need any accessories for that outside of the basket itself. We even share how to cook frozen hot dogs if you’re forgetful. Then try air fryer firecracker chicken and air fryer chicken parmesan for dinner.
- If you’re going for classics, make these hot dogs with a batch of air fryer hamburgers. They will be a hit!
- Served with some air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks the kids will love it.
We share a long list of easy air fryer Costco recipes using their Kirkland foods here.
Air Fryer Dinner Recipes for Two
Then on to our bacon wrapped air fryer steak, you can certainly cut all of these in half for just a few people. OH MY my mouth is still drooling after eating these 2 weeks ago. If you want a “fancy” dinner though you might want another type of meat. Try lamb chops in air fryer some night for that.
Of course you can leave the bacon off, but believe me it takes these over the top! Use whatever type of steak you like. Using just the air fryer you get a crispy outside but it still stays pink inside as you see here.
If you have a Ninja Foodi you can make steak and potatoes at the same time! Heck, throw in onions, peppers, shallots and chicken strips to make a load of chicken fajita tacos some night.
Now let’s look at this incredible salmon in the air fryer recipe! Here are the basic instructions below:
Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
- 1.5 lbs salmon filet
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp butter sliced into 3 equal pieces
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Lay filet on cutting board. In a bowl mix together seasonings well and rub on the meat side, leave skin side alone.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray and lay fish inside with skin side facing down.
- Put slices of butter on top. Close basket and set to 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Timing will depend on how "well done" you like your fish.
Air Fryer Main Dish Recipes
Want some air fryer chicken fried steak??!! I know you want to try this one! Ok, if you want something healthier you can throw in a pork loin and it will come out super tender.
- Ready for some ultimate comfort food? Take it over the top with this air fryer Monte Cristo recipe.
- If you love a big hunk of beef, give our air fryer tri tip recipe a whirl some night.
Our chicken kabobs are pretty amazing too but if you ask the kids they might just want an air fryer corn dog. Now that is an easy 6 minute dinner idea.
- I HIGHLY suggest you try this one some night. Even my non beef loving children loved this.
Air Fryer Dinner Recipes Chicken
We also make air fryer chicken thighs pretty often because:
- You can change them up with a different rub or sauce on them.
- Thighs are super cheap.
- The meat comes out tender with a crispy skin on the outside.
- Works well with bone-in thighs as well as boneless.
If you want to use frozen bagged favorites, we have air fryer orange chicken instructions here too.
Need some healthy air fryer recipes right about now? Start with air fryer frozen fish and we will go from there. You can serve it with some air fryer garlic bread for a treat, or pair these with air fryer tilapia.
Here are some questions you might have in mind right now:
Just about everything! From chicken to pork, and desserts too. It’s our new favorite appliance for making family friendly meals. Here is a list of our favorite recipes.
Of course! One of our favorite meals is air fryer steak bites on top of rice or put into tacos.
For a really cheap meal that is packed with flavor you should try our air fryer cube steak with rice!
Air Fryer Dinner Recipes Vegetarian
Now many nights we will make stuffed air fryer baked potatoes or stuff an air fryer sweet potato.
We stuff them with:
- 5 ingredient chili – made in the crockpot
- here are instructions for chili in the Instant Pot
- we’ve made air fryer tater tots with this chili on top for dinner
- or top air fryer french fries with chili and cheese too!
- Sour cream and bacon bits
Warm cheese and 1 minute broccoli are great if you ask my kids.
Want breakfast or lunch for dinner?? We do that quite frequently and use instructions for air fryer hard boiled eggs and/or this air fryer breakfast!
- Hard boiled eggs alone make a great breakfast.
- Diced up you can make egg salad sandwiches, or add them to the best chicken salad sandwiches.
- Air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers are good.
To round up breakfast for dinner, try these air fryer french toast sticks too!
Air fryer dinners
We have a ton of Ninja air fryer recipes you can follow. Any brand can really work though some use pressure cooking with the air fryer function at the end.
- Here’s a basic air fryer chicken wings recipe that is always a winner
- Try air fryer pork chops that come out perfectly
- Low carbair fryer chicken tenders are here
- Here are more air fryer chicken breast recipes.
- Air fryer bang bang shrimp looks amazing
- This air fryer lemon garlic salmon would make a family friendly dinner idea
If you want a lighter side dish style dinner we love our air fryer brussel sprouts.
Since you’re using just hot circulating air to cook your food it’s much healthier than a deep fryer. BUT you won’t lose out on the crunchiness you love.
- These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites would fall into the brussels category too. Great side dishes or vegetarian options.
- I’ve heard raving reviews about this air fryer coconut shrimp recipe.
- The best frozen chicken wings in an air fryer are here. Served with air fryer gnocchi, finger food dinners are great.
- or frozen chicken breast in air fryer when you forget to defrost dinner
- Wow, these buffalo chicken wontons in the air fryer sound great.
Air fryer roast beef is packed with protein and flavor with our unique dry rub. Then try our air fryer pizza and air fryer ravioli.
Air Fryer Meals
This air fryer roast beef is what we’re trying next. I don’t know about you but we love air fryer perogies for dinner. They kinda’ go well together too.
- My kids love making these air fryer frozen burritos or this homemade chicken nuggets air fryer recipe
- We love an air fryer quesadilla sometimes
- Our air fryer fajitas are to die for and a healthier alternative to adding a sauce to the top.
- For the holidays, or just because, try this air fryer ham!!
Find a ton more on our Ninja Foodi recipes roundup if you have that pressure cooker and air fryer machine!
I have a list of Instant Pot dinner recipes too. With all of this you should have hundreds of meals to choose from.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Saturday 9th of January 2021
I can't find the recipes. You keep mentioning recipes and have links that jump all over the place, but not actual recipes.
Saturday 7th of November 2020
I cooked up the frozen turkey breast recipe an too my amazement it great an just the right portions for the two of us. It was had too think I could actually cook it from a frozen state so quickly. The only problem with the butterball breast was trying to remove gravy pouch in breast before cooking. Any ideas to remedy this? Enjoy fo;;owing you.
Thursday 8th of October 2020
I would like to see the recipe I wasn't able to see any of them. An I was trying to find new things to do with my airflyer for me an my family!
The Typical Mom
Friday 9th of October 2020
You click on the link of the recipe you want and you'll get directions to make that