Air fryer hard boiled eggs are easy to do! We will show you 3 different ways to get the perfect yolks for you. A great snack or protein packed breakfast.
Who doesn’t love air fryer hard boiled eggs?? They’re great in potato salad, a high protein snack, and a great breakfast too. We have the trick to making them easy to peel and perfect in the inside. After you try these check out our other air fryer recipes too. (originally published 3/19, affiliate links present)
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Yes, you can make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs too or throw them in some boiling water. You can also make hard boiled eggs in the oven. BUT if you are curious about air fried eggs, we’ve done the testing for you. You’re welcome. 😉
We will even tell you how to get them to be closer to soft boiled if that is what you prefer. In under 16 minutes you can have them perfectly done. Then just cool (if you want) and enjoy.
- Before you move on, LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
Just add them into your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer machine. Any brand of machine will do really. Make as many as you’d like, cook time will not change.
- I’d recommend leaving them on one level on your trivet or in your air fryer basket, do not stack them.
Leaving them in one level will help eggs cook the same.
Don’t be alarmed when you lift the lid off. Your eggs may have these little brown dots on them. Those will wash off when you put them into an ice water bath with cold water. Then just peel and eat!
Hard boiled eggs in air fryer
Test #1 – 2 eggs set temperature at 270 degrees for 10 minutes
- Shells came off easily
- Egg whites were cooked
- Yolks were runny
Next test #2 – 2 large eggs set at 270 degrees for 13 minutes
- Shells came off rather easily
- Whites were cooked
- These yolks were soft in the very center but not runny
- I would say this timing is ideal
Third test – 2 eggs set at 270 for 15 minutes
- Shells were a bit harder to remove
- The Egg whites were done
- Yolks were completely cooked
Yes but since the air crisp temp. doesn’t go below 300 degrees it is best to follow the pressure cooker hard boiled eggs instructions of 5-5-5.
If you want to use the air crisp function then: Leave eggs on countertop for 30 minutes, Put on air fryer rack, Set to 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
BEST results will come if you do this though: Add 1.5 cups water into your Foodi, Put room temp. eggs inside vegetable steamer basket, Set to high pressure for 5 minutes with a 5 minute natural release and then submerge in ice water so shells fall off easily.
About 15 minutes. If you like your yolks a bit softer then set to 13. Submerge in an ice bath when done.
Well we haven’t done that per say, however air fryer egg bites are close enough and incredibly tasty!
How to make perfect hard boiled eggs
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Eggs
- Prepare eggs
Put eggs from fridge on the counter for at least 30 minutes (so they aren’t so cold)
Add eggs into air fryer and set to 270 degrees. Cook for 15 minutes
Immediately put them into a bowl with ice water. Once cooled peel your eggs, store them in a pint size storage bag in the fridge to snack on later.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- Place egg into air fryer, not overlapping. ** For best results allow eggs to sit on counter for at least 10 minutes vs. straight out of the very cold fridge.
- Turn machine on, close lid, and set to 270 degrees for: 10 minutes for runny yolks, 14 minutes for yellow but soft yolks (I will say these are perfect), 15 minutes for perfect yolks that are hard but not overcooked so they turn gray
- Remove immediately and put into a bowl filled with cold water and ice cubes.
- Once cooled remove shells and enjoy.