Air fryer hard boiled eggs are easy to do! We will show you 3 different ways to get the perfect yolks for you. A great snack or protein packed breakfast.
Who doesn’t love hard boiled eggs?? They’re great in potato salad, a high protein snack, and a great breakfast too. Whether you want to make air fryer hard boiled eggs or soft boiled, we have the timing you’ll need. The trick to making them easy to peel will be shared too. After you try these check out our other air fryer recipes too. (affiliate links present)
We have quite a few Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes. We’ve been making these air fryer hard boiled eggs quite a bit!
Yes, you can make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs too or throw them in some boiling water. You can also make hard boiled eggs in the oven. BUT if you are curious about hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, we’ve done the testing for you. You’re welcome. 😉
- Before you move on, LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
Just add them into your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer machine. Any brand of machine will do really. Make as many as you’d like, cook time will not change.
- I’d recommend leaving them on one level on your trivet or in your air fryer basket, do not stack them.
Leaving them in one level will help eggs cook the same.
Don’t be alarmed when you lift the lid off. Your eggs may have these little brown dots on them. Those will wash off when you put them into an ice water bath with cold water. Then just peel and eat!
I did 3 batches of air fryer hard boiled eggs:
Test #1 – 2 eggs set temperature at 270 degrees for 10 minutes
- Shells came off easily
- Egg whites were cooked
- Yolks were runny
Next test #2 – 2 large eggs set at 270 degrees for 13 minutes
- Shells came off rather easily
- Whites were cooked
- These yolks were soft in the very center but not runny
- I would say this timing is ideal
Third test – 2 eggs set at 270 for 15 minutes
- Shells were a bit harder to remove
- The Egg whites were done
- Yolks were completely cooked
Tips to make perfect hard boiled eggs:
- Put eggs from fridge on the counter for at least 15 minutes (so they aren’t so cold)
- Add eggs into air fryer and set to 270 degrees
- Cook for 14 minutes
- Immediately put them into a bowl with ice water
- Once cool peel your eggs, store unpeeled in a pint size storage bag in the fridge
Can you hard boil eggs in the Ninja Foodi?
Yes but since the air crisp temp. doesn’t go below 300 degrees it is best to follow the pressure cooker hard boiled eggs instructions. If you want to use the air fryer function then:
- Leave eggs on countertop for 15 minutes beforehand
- Put on air fryer rack
- Set to 300 degrees for 10 minutes
BEST results will come if you do this though:
- Add 1.5 cups water into your Foodi
- Put eggs that have been on the counter for 10 minutes inside vegetable steamer basket or on a trivet, not overlapping
- Set to high pressure for 5 minutes with a 5 minute natural release and then submerge in ice water so shells fall off easily
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- Place egg into air fryer, not overlapping. ** For best results allow eggs to sit on counter for at least 10 minutes vs. straight out of the very cold fridge.
- Turn machine on, close lid, and set to 270 degrees for: 10 minutes for runny yolks, 14 minutes for yellow but soft yolks (I will say these are perfect), 15 minutes for yolks that are hard but not overcooked so they turn gray
- Remove immediately and put into a bowl filled with cold water and ice cubes.
- Once cooled remove shells and enjoy.