Air fryer egg bites filled with bacon, cheese and onions are the best low carb and keto breakfast idea ever! Like Starbucks egg bites but customized!
Who else loves Starbucks egg bites, but not the price??!! We do!! Beyond that I like to load them up with lots of bacon bits and cheese. You can now do this with air fryer egg bites! Yes, you can make them right at home in 10 minutes now for breakfast or a low carb snack. If you love air fryer eggs but want to take them to the next level, try this recipe. (affiliate links present)
- We have made Starbucks sous vide eggs before in the Instant Pot, but you can’t get a crispy top like these. That is probably my favorite part.
- Boiling hard boiled eggs in the oven is great, but we love adding cheese and bacon.
Let’s start with a few basics shall we:
- I have the Ninja Foodi and another electric air fryer.
- You can grab a recipe book here. ?
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- Join my Ninja Facebook group and/or LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
You can make these right at home with any sort of add ins but this is what we used for our air fryer egg bites.
- You’ll need these silicone cupcake liners
- Bacon crumbled, or packaged real bacon bits
- Bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
Can I use silicone cups in an air fryer? Are there other options?
- You can use any oven safe dish or mold in the air fryer. They can be made of glass, ceramic, metal or silicone.
- You can also use silicone or paper cupcake cups or molds to bake cupcakes, muffins or small gratins.
I could see adding a few diced tomatoes to your air fryer eggs too. It would be a great leftover ham recipe as well. Experiment with it and let me know if you come up with a great combination.
What if you just want air fryer eggs.
Can you cook eggs in the air fryer?
Yes!! Just preheat it to 270 degrees.
- Then you can add them into the fryer basket and make air fryer hard boiled eggs.
- You could also crack them into these silicone baking cups without any other items and cook at 300 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- Timing will depend on whether you want soft boiled, or your yolks to be hard.
Can I use an air fryer without the basket?
I wouldn’t. You really shouldn’t put food directly on the base of the air fryer because it might hinder the circulating the air properly. That’s what makes the food crispy and the bottom will be flat without any air flow hitting it.
With the ingredients listed this is a high protein, low carb recipe that’s full of flavor! If you’re following a keto diet they are a fabulous addition too.
Are there carbs in Starbucks egg bites?
- Of course there are
- The Bacon & Gruyere version has
- 9 carbs
- 19 grams protein
- Ham, Cheddar and Peppers has
- 11 grams of carbs
- 17 protein
Our air fryer egg bites have only 3 carbs and 10 grams of protein!!
How long do egg bites last in the fridge?
First of all I have never had leftovers. I don’t think they would be great the day after even if I did, however if you do have some left here’s what you do.
- You can keep these in the fridge for about 4-5 days, which is PERFECT for healthy breakfasts throughout the week.
- If you see extra liquid in the bottom of your storage container because of all the vegetables don’t worry, it’s totally normal.
If you want to reheat egg bites you can so in the microwave, 20 seconds should do it.
Basic steps to follow are here:
First put your silicone egg cups into your air fryer basket.
- Crack 1 egg into each one.
- Sprinkle your added ingredients on top
- Set cook time to about 12 minutes (check after 10) at 300 degrees F
- Remove when golden brown on top
- Can put in between an English muffin to make egg muffins if you like
Alternatively you could scramble all eggs in a bowl, add diced and shredded add ins and divide egg mixture into muffin cups and cook. This will create a smoother result.
Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Place 4 silicone cupcake holder into your air fryer basket. Crack 1 egg into each one, then add 1 tsp milk into each one.
- Top each one off with some diced onions, green pepper, bacon bits and cheese. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on the top.
- Air fry at 300 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned on top and enjoy!