How to make an air fryer quiche or frittata is here! This light omelette style dish is protein packed, keto and low carb dinner approved too.
We call this an air fryer quiche! You could say it’s a frittata or omelette too but whatever you say it is an amazing breakfast. Packed with eggs, cheese and vegetables it’s a low card air fryer recipe everyone loves. (affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Frittata
Can you tell I just couldn’t decide what to call this thing?? It’s kinda’ a cross between all three but I will just move on to the good stuff…..
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
You see, we have chickens. Like a lot of them. SO that means we have A LOT of eggs. Yep, eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner around here. I am not complaining. It is one less thing to buy from there store.
I also know they are free range organic babies, every single one. If you don’t live in the boonies like we do, just buy some at the store along with your add ins and we can get going. 😉
This is what was added this go around. I mean there is great variations to this breakfast quiche according to your taste buds. Make vegetarian or a meat lovers version with bacon and/or leftover ham too.
Air Fryer Omelette
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this baby:
Use a large bowl to whip up your egg mixture. This will make one 4″ that will serve 1-2 people. You could make more and just rotate them in one at a time.
I have made this killer spinach quiche for years. You could in fact use refrigerated pie crust with this filling too.
Ingredients and items needed:
- 4″ pan – you’ll want one like this or a springform pan so you can lift it out
- you’ll want non stick cooking spray too to make things easier
- Milk or heavy cream
- Shredded cheese(s)
- Diced bell peppers and onions work great
- Precooked finely diced meat is optional
- Seasonings such as salt and pepper
You could add green onions to your breakfast frittata too. Remember to preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes before putting your prepared pan into your air fryer basket.
Including prep and preheating time keep in mind that this may take up to 25 minutes to complete.
Time needed: 8 minutes.
Air Fryer Quiche
Preheat air fryer to 360 F. for 5 minutes.
In a bowl whisk eggs, then add all other ingredient, stir to combine. Spray 4″ cake pan with cooking spray. so it lifts out easily Then pour egg mixture inside.
Put into air fryer basket for 8 minutes total flipping it halfway through the total cook time.
Remove, allow to cool in pan for at least 3 minutes before removing it.
Here is what it looks like when it is done and ready to be enjoyed!
What cheeses can be used in quiche?
There are several options but the best we like are:
- Swiss is the most common
- Gruyere is an option as well
What goes with quiche?
I have made an Instant Pot omelette before but honestly, this turns out better. I love the crunchy browned top when this is done. The texture is just the best.
If you have a Foodi you can opt to try our Ninja Foodi breakfast as well. It is similar but you don’t need a springform pan to make it which is nice.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Quiche
- Preheat air fryer to 360 F. for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, then add all other ingredients and stir together.
- Spray 4" pan with non stick spray. Then pour egg mixture inside.
- Put into air fryer basket for 8 minutes total flipping it halfway through the total cook time.
- Remove, allow to cool in pan for at least 3 minutes before removing it.