If you haven’t made our easy mayonnaise biscuits recipe in a muffin tin yet you are in for a treat!! NO yeast biscuits with just 3 ingredients you can throw in and enjoy as an easy side dish with dinner. We first made these as Slow Cooker Rolls but this time we’re baking them in the oven.
Muffin tin biscuits need no rolling out, no biscuit cutter, no pastry cutter, they are just so easy. Sometimes referred to as mayonnaise drop biscuits because you just scoop and drop into the hole in the pan so they can rise up and become fluffy with room for a bit of butter. (affiliate links present)
Now you don’t have to use this main ingredient just for savory recipes, we have used it to make banana bread with mayonnaise as well. The secret to Best Foods in baking is that it makes all things super moist. It makes sense right? I mean on a sandwich it takes a dry lunch to flavorful so bakers started using it in other things.
Like our Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Cake Mix, it is amazing the difference if you use part this instead of all milk for the batter. A world of difference if you had them side by side. Now there is a difference between Miracle Whip and Best Foods, choose the latter. The other has a vinegar tang to it.
Biscuits with Mayonnaise
You literally only need 3 things to make this. I will suggest that whole milk is used because fat=moist remember. We aren’t counting calories on these my friends, all in moderation right??
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour – remember how to measure flour properly so they are fluffy
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons Real Mayonnaise
Making self-rising flour at home is a simple process that involves combining all-purpose flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt. This type is commonly used in recipes that require a leavening agent, such as biscuits, pancakes, and quick breads. We will explain how to make it yourself below just in case.
Bisquick Mayonnaise Biscuits
For this you need 1 cup Bisquick + 1/2 cup whole milk + 3 tbsp mayo. Incorporate as stated below, into a greased muffin pan they go (will make 12). Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 12 minutes or until done in the center. THIS is how to make fluffy Bisquick biscuits with mayo.
Mayonnaise Biscuits Recipe Easy
You will not be able to use a baking sheet for these because the batter is so loose unless you use silicone muffin cups that are stiff. Just set on top, fill, and bake. To transition them into more like our savory Bisquick Butter Swim Biscuits you’ll want melted butter to drizzle over the top when done too.
Here are the steps, recipe ingredients and pantry staples you’ll need. Super easy to mix, dump and bake these old fashioned Southern biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Add the 3 ingredients into a bowl and stir until just combined but no more.
- Keep in mind that the dough will not be as thick as traditional batter.
- Spray the inside of the muffin tin holes with cooking spray
- Fill each hole about halfway with the biscuit dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown and middle is no longer sticky.
Baking Biscuits in a Muffin Tin
If you wanted to add some heat to these you could with half Mexican Mayonnaise and half regular. If serving with a Mexican meal that could be a yummy tweak.
How to Make Self Rising Flour
If you want to make homemade biscuits but you do not have this at home you can make it yourself, totally. You will want to sift the items together so they are well incorporated and your recipe comes out and rises correctly.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Start by measuring out the required quantities of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. It’s important to be precise in your measurements to ensure the proper balance of leavening agents. Sift together to help to aerate the mixture, resulting in lighter baked goods.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk or a fork to thoroughly mix the ingredients together. Make sure that the baking powder and salt are evenly distributed throughout the flour.
Once the ingredients are mixed, it is ready to use to make Mayonnaise Rolls . If you’re not using it immediately, store it in an airtight container to prevent moisture from affecting the baking powder. Make sure the baking powder you use is fresh. Baking powder loses its effectiveness over time.
Making this at home is a straightforward process that involves combining all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt. This DIY option allows you to have a versatile baking ingredient on hand whenever you need it. Just remember to store what you don’t use in a dry and airtight container to maintain its freshness and effectiveness.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
- 3 Ingredient Mayonnaise Biscuits – Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add the 3 ingredients into a bowl and stir until just combined but no more. Keep in mind that the dough will be loose and really wet almost like cake batter.
- Spray the inside of the muffin tin holes with cooking sprayFill each hole about halfway with the biscuit dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown and middle is no longer sticky
- Bisquick Mayonnaise Biscuits – 1 cup Bisquick + 1/2 cup whole milk + 3 tbsp mayo. Incorporate as stated below, into a greased muffin pan they go (will make 12). Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 11 minutes