Easy spinach quiche recipe with only 3 basic ingredients and done in just 30 minutes! Yummy brunch or dinner that even my kids ask for! We love this quiche.
I have an easy spinach quiche recipe for you!! I have to start out saying that I don’t cook from scratch hardly at all, and if something isn’t easy it doesn’t happen in my house. So….needless to say this is a really yummy throw everything in a bowl, into the pie shell and into the oven kinda’ recipe that even my kids even love (I call it cheese pie for them). 😉 (originally published 11/13, affiliate links present)
- Spinach quiche isn’t typically a kid friendly meal. I will say it took several times of “you have to take at least one bite” for them to actually say “yes!” when I said I was serving quiche.
- NOW though they love it right along with us.
You can make it as simple or loaded up as you like. We add mushrooms, bacon, and minced onion but you can do just a 3 ingredient vegetarian spinach quiche too if you’d rather. 😉
What you’ll need to make this easy spinach and cheese quiche:
- Frozen creamed spinach many of my grocery stores carry it
- different than frozen chopped spinach, this is creamier
- if you can’t find it you can use fresh spinach in a skillet over medium heat to make it creamed
- I haven’t done this but imagine if you use 10 oz. total like I did it would work just fine
- Swiss cheese are the two other things you need for the basic spinach baked quiche
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup diced bacon or leftover ham are great add ins
- Sliced mushrooms are a must for us too
Throw it in a pie plate with your refrigerated (already made) pie crust and you’re ready to pop it in!
Easy spinach quiche recipe
I make this simple quiche recipe on a semi weekly basis as a main dish. I serve with a side of salad, or sometimes I serve it with some cooked sausage. It is really simple to make as you just need to grate the cheese and throw the frozen creamed spinach in the microwave. Everything else is already ready to add into the bowl. Then bake at 375 degrees and enjoy.
This should take about 45 minutes total to prepare and cook.
- Many times I make them into Mini Quiches because I like how it cooks faster. The edges get a bit crunchy, and the kids love them because they are all theirs. 😉
All you do to make these is roll out the refrigerated pie crust. Use a regular glass to cut out the circles of dough. Then fill them as you normally would an entire pie and bake. That recipe and this quiche made with a tater tot crust is below.
Either way you decide to make it, a whole quiche “pie” or mini quiches you really can’t go wrong. It is super easy to make and relatively healthy. Let me tell you that after a year of making this my whole family now LOVEs it when I say quiche is for dinner. Ok so I call it cheese pie for them but whatever. 😉
- Green chile chicken casserole
- Cold spinach dip
- Or Instant Pot spinach as a side dish
- and there are more Instant Pot greens recipes here
Tip once your spinach quiche is done:
- I would allow it to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before slicing.
- This will let it solidify a bit more so when you cut pieces they’ll come out nice and pretty.
- If I have a larger refrigerated pie crust that drapes a bit over the edge I will cover those edges with foil and take off 10 minutes before it’s done so they don’t burn.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Printable recipe is below with nutritional information such as calories, saturated fat, etc listed as well.
Easy Spinach Quiche Recipe
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray non stick spray in your pie pan, put the pie crust in your pan and pour the mixture in.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and slightly firm in the middle so you know the eggs are cooked.
- Let cool for a little bit to solidify. Then cut to serve.