Easy mini quiche recipe that my kids love! Great muffin tin quiche dinner or appetizer that just requires a few ingredients and perfect with leftover ham too.
We LOVE this mini quiche recipe! Better yet, we love (ok it’s me) muffin tin dinners. I combined our two loves last night and look how great they turned out. We made this with spinach but you could use ham too. (affiliate links present, originally published 5/17)
Muffin Tin Spinach Quiche
Have leftover ham and a quiche recipe you already love? Use that with my timing and how I made these bite size pie crusts. This one uses our easy spinach quiche recipe to fill, but just in a smaller form.
This bell pepper breakfast quiche recipe is great too.
Homemade Mini Quiche
Once you have your spinach quiche mixture, you just roll out the already made pie crust. Use a glass or large round cookie cutter to make your small pie crusts.
Spray your muffin tin so they will slide out when your mini quiches are done. Then push it into the bottoms and fill each hole about 3/4 full (they won’t really rise so they won’t overflow).
Before you begin I suggest watching the video I included in this post. Then you can see how to make the egg mixture, fill the muffin cups and how I made them the right size. It will take about 30 minutes total to do.
Mini quiche recipe
You can make the insides for this and make it without the carbs on the outside too though. Read our crustless quiche recipe for that version.
- Large round cookie cutter or glass to cut the crust
- Unless you are making it crustless like our Bisquick zucchini quiche recipe
- Regular size muffin tin
- could try it in a mini muffin tin using a smaller glass to cut pastry crust
- timing would be less since there would be less quiche filling
- 1 pkg. frozen creamed spinach
- or make your own homemade using heavy cream and a fresh bag of greenery
- Refrigerated pie crusts (or from scratch if you prefer)
- Swiss Cheese
- Add ins – leftover ham and cheese, bacon bits, sliced mushrooms, green onions….
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 min. or until the tops are golden brown. If you loved our easy mini quiche recipe we have other muffin tin recipes to enjoy!
I have the entire directions and needed ingredients tomorrow. It is printable too if you want to add it to your recipe box. I assure you these will be a huge hit at your next party or for dinner with the kiddos.
Mini Spinach Quiche Recipe
Time needed: 13 minutes.
Mini Quiche Recipe
Unroll your pie crusts and cut out circular pieces big enough to lay inside regular sized muffin tin holes. They will just slightly go up sides but not all the way.
Put frozen packaged creamed spinach in microwave and follow directions to defrost and heat. Shred your cheese and put in a bowl.
Whisk eggs and pour in with your cheese.
Add all other ingredients you want to add in like bacon, mushrooms, ham, cheddar cheese if you like…..
When spinach is warmed, cut open the package and add to your bowl. Fold everything together.
Spray your muffin tin with non stick spray and push mini circle pie crusts into holes. Spoon about 1/4 cup of spinach quiche mixture in holes on top of crust pieces.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for about 13 – 15 minutes or until egg is not soft any longer in the center and there is just a slight brown on the tops. Serve warm as an appetizer or meal!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Easy Mini Quiche Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 c swiss cheese shredded
- 1 pkg creamed spinach frozen, thawed, 10 oz.
- 2 tbsp bacon bits (optional)
- 1/2 c ham (cubed, optional)
- 3/4 c mushrooms (sliced, optional)
- 2 pie crust homemade or refrigerated
- Unroll your pie crusts and cut out circular pcs. big enough to lay inside muffin tin holes and go up sides just a bit.
- Put creamed spinach in microwave and follow directions on pkg.
- Shred your cheese and put in a bowl
- Whisk eggs and pour in with cheese
- Add all other ingredients you want to add in like bacon, mushrooms and/or ham.
- When spinach is done add to your bowl and fold everything together well.
- Spray your muffin tin with non stick spray and push mini circle pie crusts into holes
- Spoon spinach quiche mixture in holes on top of crust pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 and bake for about 13 minutes or egg is not soft any longer and there is just a slight brown on the tops
- Serve warm as an appetizer or meal!
Friday 12th of March 2021
So easy and delicious! I don’t normally think store bought pie crusts tastes great when I make regular sized quiche, but that’s what I used for these since I had one in the freezer that needed to be used. The crust was moist, flaky, and delicious!!! Our family enjoyed them!
The Typical Mom
Saturday 13th of March 2021
Saturday 10th of August 2019
Can these be made ahead and frozen? Thanks.
Saturday 7th of April 2018
Sorry if I just missed it somehow, but what size package is the creamed spinach? These look so good, can't wait to try them! :)
Monday 11th of September 2017
This was a great recipe! I followed it except I used regular frozen spinach and diced ham. My family loved it! Easy for on the go weekdays!
Eileen Connor Leach
Monday 21st of August 2017
These look fantastic and so versatile. What size cookie cutter did you use? Thanks
The Typical Mom
Tuesday 22nd of August 2017
Used muffin pan, instructions in recipe card.