You have got to try this tater tot spinach quiche! It’s perfect for breakfast or brunch with a crunchy tater tot pie crust and warm egg filling.
We love quiche!! Wait until you try this this tasty tater tot crusted spinach quiche though! I primarily make my easy spinach quiche recipe but a ham quiche would work perfectly with this tater tot pie crust too. (originally published 6/17, affiliate links present)
Tater Tot Crust
Doesn’t this breakfast quiche look amazing?? It is delicious! WAY more flavorful than just using a traditional pie crust and adds a nice crunch to the edges too.
When it comes to the center you may have your own spinach pie recipe or you can use ours down below. The biggest difference is the pie crust y’all. I mean it is a real game changer if you ask me.
Who doesn’t love these potato bites anyway??!! I’m 40 and they are definitely my weakness. The kids love them anyway I make them. They said I cannot make a quiche any other way anymore.
- Air fryer tater tots are probably our favorite side dish ever, this takes it another step to ultimate YUM though.
Tater tot quiche
The idea of making a tater tot pie crust came to me when I couldn’t sleep at night and I guess my mind wandered off.
I started thinking of what I was craving at that moment and just had to figure out how long to cook them. The tater tots needed to come out soft but not too crunchy, so I could mash them and form them into my crust. I had only really used regular crusts or phyllo dough like in my copycat Trader Joe’s spanakopita.
You wouldn’t have to fill it with a spinach pie mixture either. If you wanted to use our crustless broccoli quiche and use this as the outside that would work too.
- I like using a good ol’ glass pie pan because it doesn’t really stick even if you forget to use non stick spray on it (done that).
Tater tot spinach quiche
Quiche isn’t something we make just for brunch or breakfast. I make it for dinner probably once a month or so. Even my kids love it now!
I called it “cheese pie” for a long time. For a while they weren’t keen on spinach but after many dinnertimes of “you have to try at least once bite” they started to like it and now all 3 of them love it. I will admit it’s 10x better making it this way.
- Creamed spinach – frozen, in freezer section or make homemade
- if you cannot find fresh leaves to make this, this is how to cook frozen spinach
- Tater tots
- Swiss cheese
- Bacon – optional
If you are making homemade filling you may or may not need a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Frozen creamed already is seasoned.
Tater Tot Pie Crust
- Bake frozen tater tots in a preheated oven on a cookie sheet that’s been sprayed with non stick spray. Cook time is about 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Pour them warm into your pie pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Use the back of a spoon (or piece of parchment using your palm) to press warmed tater tots into bottom and sides of pie pan.
- Make sure it is evenly distributed and same thickness all the way around
- the bottom will be a bit thicker
- Follow instructions to make your own quiche filling
- Pour quiche egg mixture with shredded cheese into your pie pan that has your tater tot crust.
- Put into oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes to 33 minutes or until top is lightly browned. When touched in the center it is firm then you know the eggs are cooked.
You could make these smaller into muffin tin quiche bites too!
If you’re having a brunch you’ve got to make this!! I promise everyone will love it and you will be asked time and time again how you made it (you can take the credit, I won’t tell). 😉 Then make our potato tot casserole with ground beef the next night!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Tater Tot Crusted Spinach Quiche
- Bake tater tots on a cookie sheet that’s been sprayed with non stick spray in oven for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove and pour into your pie pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Use the back of a spoon to press warmed tater tots into bottom and sides of pie pan. Make sure it is evenly distributed and same thickness all the way around (bottom will be a bit thicker).
- Follow instructions on frozen creamed spinach package to cook in microwave.
- Shred your cheese and put it in a bowl, empty cooked creamed spinach packet and mix in with your cheese.
- Whisk eggs and add into bowl, then add bacon bits if desired.
- Pour spinach mixture into your pie pan that has your tater tot crust.
- Put into oven at 400 degrees for 33 minutes or until top is lightly browned and when touched in the center it is firm so you know the eggs are cooked.
- Slice and serve!!