You have got to try this tater tot crusted spinach quiche! It’s perfect for breakfast or brunch with a crunchy tater tot pie crust and warm egg filling.
We love quiche!! Wait until you try this this tasty tater tot crusted spinach quiche though! I primarily make my easy spinach quiche recipe but a ham quiche would work perfectly with this tater tot pie crust too. It is delicious! WAY more flavorful than just using a traditional pie crust and adds a nice crunch to the edges too. Who doesn’t love tater tots anyway??!! I’m 40 and they are definitely my weakness, and the kids love them anyway I make them. They said I cannot make a quiche any other way anymore. (originally published 6/17)
Doesn’t this look amazing??
Tater tot crusted spinach quiche tastes even better than it looks!
The idea of making a tater tot pie crust came to me when I couldn’t sleep at night and I guess my mind wandered off. I started thinking of what I was craving at that moment and just had to figure out how long to cook them. The tater tots needed to come out soft but not too crunchy, so I could mash them and form them into my crust.
- I like using a good ol’ glass pie pan because it doesn’t really stick even if you forget to use non stick spray on it (done that).
Our tater tot crusted spinach quiche came out perfectly the first time. And let me tell you. It. Was. Amazing!
Quiche isn’t something we make just for brunch or breakfast. I make it for dinner probably once a month or so. Even my kids love it now!
I called it “cheese pie” for a long time. For a while they weren’t keen on spinach but after many dinnertimes of “you have to try at least once bite” they started to like it and now all 3 of them love it.
I will admit it’s 10x better making it this way.
Here’s what you need to make tater tot crusted spinach quiche
- Creamed spinach – frozen, in freezer section
- Tater tots
- Swiss cheese
- Bacon – optional
Here’s a video showing you how we made it.
If you’re having a brunch you’ve got to make this!! I promise everyone will love it and you will be asked time and time again how you made it (you can take the credit, I won’t tell). 😉
Tater Tot Crusted Spinach Quiche
- Bake tater tots on a cookie sheet that's been sprayed with non stick spray in oven for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove and pour into your pie pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Use the back of a spoon to press warmed tater tots into bottom and sides of pie pan. Make sure it is evenly distributed and same thickness all the way around (bottom will be a bit thicker).
- Follow instructions on frozen creamed spinach package to cook in microwave.
- Shred your cheese and put it in a bowl, empty cooked creamed spinach packet and mix in with your cheese.
- Whisk eggs and add into bowl, then add bacon bits if desired.
- Pour spinach mixture into your pie pan that has your tater tot crust.
- Put into oven at 400 degrees for 33 minutes or until top is lightly browned and when touched in the center it is firm so you know the eggs are cooked.
- Slice and serve!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉