Air fryer tater tots are the bomb! Add cheese to the top and they’re a crunchy snack or side dish your family will ask for over and over again.
Ready for some crispy air fryer tater tots??!! Smothered with cheese and a drizzle of ketchup on top, they’re a great snack or side dish. Let me show you how to make these in your fancy kitchen gadget. This post has been sponsored by Albertsons. (originally published 4/19, affiliate links present)
Let’s go grocery shopping shall we???
- For me, visiting Albertsons is a weekly occurrence. Since they still have the SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® Collect & Win Game featuring MONOPOLY going on. There’s even more reason to stock up on what you’ll need to make air fryer tater tots!
Here’s a peek at our game board. I’m pretty close to getting $100 in cash or a $50 grocery gift card. Cross your fingers for me. 😉
Not only can you still collect these fun game pieces you see here but you can play the The SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® Collect & Win Game featuring MONOPOLY online! If you have the Albertsons app like I do, it will remind you that there’s still time to play!
- The MONOPOLY Collect & Win game board is free, so pick up one of these at your local store if you don’t already have one. The more you spend on participating products, the more game pieces you’ll collect. As you can see, we have quite a few…..
Have you ever made air fryer frozen tater tots before?
It’s easier than you think and there’s NO need to heat up your oven to do so. Handy tip to have when the summertime hits and you aren’t about to heat up your house! 😉
It doesn’t matter what brand of air fryer you have. This is how long to cook frozen tater tots in air fryer so they come out perfectly crispy.
- Entire bag: Total of 15 minutes.
- Half bag: Total of 10 minutes.
Do you need to preheat your air fryer when making air fryer tater tots?
- Preheating is important to get them nice and crispy.
- It only takes 5 minutes for this step.
- You can cook them without preheating but they won’t be quite as crispy.
- It’s worth it, so just do it.
Here are our frozen tater tots in our air fryer. Different brands have various configurations, this is ours with an air fryer lid that closes on the top.
Tips to making the crispiest tater tots in the air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once preheated spray the inside of your basket with non stick spray.
- Do not overlap them during the cooking process.
- This usually requires you to cook 1/2 a bag at a time.
- Use oven mitts to gently toss them in your basket midway through the cooking process.
- Using a spoon or spatula to flip them usually breaks them apart a bit.
- Flip them in the basket as you see chefs flipping an egg in a pan, but a bit more gentle.
- Eat them immediately when done for the crispiest tater tot ever!
Here is 1/2 a bag done and ready to enjoy!
What if you want cheesy tater tots?
- Cook as directed in the recipe card below.
- Then sprinkle some shredded Kraft Mozzarella Cheese on top.
- Add 2 more minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove and enjoy immediately for stringy cheesy tater tots.
- Remember to drizzle some Heinz Tomato Ketchup on top for the ultimate snack.
Here’s what you’ll need to pick up at Albertsons to make air fryer tater tots
- Ore-Ida Tater Tots – found in the freezer section
- Shredded Kraft Mozzarella Cheese – you’ll find this near the lunchmeat
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup – in the aisle with other condiments
We have frozen french fries air fryer instructions here too!
- You can let your kids cook air fryer grilled cheese themselves for lunch too.
No convection oven needed, just your air fryer! Be sure when you check out make sure to grab your game board and game pieces too!! What have you won so far??
Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 1 bag Tater Tots Ore-Ida
- 3/4 c Mozzarella Cheese Kraft
- 1/2 c Ketchup Heinz
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non stick spray and pour in your frozen tater tots.
- If making 1/2 a bag set to 10 minutes and flip after 5 minutes.If making the entire bag set to 15 minutes and flip after every 5 minutes, so 3 times during the process.
- Add additional minutes for extra extra crispiness. If you want to add cheese sprinkle some on top and set for an additional 2 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove, drizzle with ketchup and enjoy immediately for crispiest results.