Crock pot tater tot casserole that’s cheesy and a perfect brunch or dinner! Use your leftover ham in this recipe too, everyone will love it!
Who doesn’t like a dish with tater tots??!! Come on be honest…they’re the bomb! This crock pot tater tot casserole is really versatile because you can add a variety of meats to it. It’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 12/16)
Tater Tot Casserole Crockpot
You only need a few ingredients and it’s perfect to have breakfast for dinner, lunch, or even brunch. Let us know what you think after you try it yourself. 😉
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
It’s a great throw it in and go kinda’ meal and a tater tot casserole is always great when it is chilly outside.
This was just before Christmas and although I wasn’t cooking dinner that year I bought one because I got almost 3 lbs. for under 7 dollars and it literally lasts us for a week using different recipes, so we don’t get bored!
You can use chicken as well. Use what’s on hand I always say (or needs to get cooked or it will go bad).
Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole Crockpot
Originally when I was looking for new ways to use our leftover ham I modified my oven version using hamburger meat. I always like to incorporate vegetables into a dish if I can.
My kids now really enjoy veggies but it took some time and putting them in a casserole helped them develop a taste for them.
I think you could easily use broccoli or corn instead of green beans if you’d rather or use homemade cream of chicken soup too if you’ve got the time.
Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
- Frozen tater tots
- Ground beef or diced ham
- Frozen green beans
- Cream of chicken soup
- Onion – or dehydrated onions
Here is the printable recipe
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Super easy crockpot casserole idea right?
A great night 3 or so using your leftover ham too! For another great casserole you should try our cream corn casserole, you could easily add leftover ham to that too, or just serve as a side dish to just about any meal!
Crockpot Tater Tot Casserole
- Spray inside of crock with non stick spray and start to layer this way: Half of tater tots, then ground beef, then mixed veggies, with remaining frozen tater tots on top.
- In a bowl whisk together cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir in diced onions, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Pour this cheese mixture over the top of everything.
- Close lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Check and stop cooking when taters are as tender as you'd like them to be. Can sprinkle an additional layer of cheese on top and close lid for about 20 minutes so it melts and then serve.