Crock pot tater tot casserole that’s cheesy and a perfect brunch or dinner! Use your leftover ham in this recipe too, everyone will love it!
Who doesn’t like a dish with tater tots??!! Come on be honest…they’re the bomb! This crock pot tater tot casserole is really versatile because you can add a variety of meats to it, but this time we used our leftover ham from Christmas and it turned out delicious! You only need a few ingredients and it’s perfect to have breakfast for dinner, lunch, or even brunch. Let us know what you think after you try it yourself. 😉 One of our favorite crockpot recipes.
It’s a great throw it in and go kinda’ meal and casseroles are always great when it is chilly outside.
I have quite a few leftover ham recipes because not only do I hate to throw away leftovers during the holidays, but I buy half a ham several times a year just because it is inexpensive for the amount of meat you get.
This was just before Christmas and although I wasn’t cooking dinner that year I bought one because I got almost 3 lbs. for under 7 dollars and it literally lasts us for a week using different recipes, so we don’t get bored!
You can use chicken as well, recipe for that below.
Originally when I was looking for new ways to use our leftover ham I stumbled upon this recipe and modified it from there according to our taste, and using ham instead of meatballs. I always like to incorporate vegetables into a dish if I can.
My kids now really enjoy veggies but it took some time and putting them in a casserole helped them develop a taste for them. I think you could easily use broccoli or corn instead of green beans if you’d rather or use homemade cream of chicken soup too if you’ve got the time.
Crock pot tater tot casserole
- Frozen tater tots
- Diced ham – great way to use leftover ham
- Frozen green beans
- Cream of chicken soup
- Onion – or dehydrated onions
Here is the printable recipe
Crock pot tater tot casserole
- Mix together the soup, green beans, ham, onions and salt in your crockpot. Sprinkle frozen tater tots on the top so they are arranged evenly on top. Cook on low for about 4 hours. Open crock and sprinkle 1.5 c. cheese on top. Recover and cook for 1 hour. Serve (can sprinkle more cheese on top if desired)
- * If you want to make a smaller version using chicken or another meat the recipe is below this recipe widget for that.
- If you want to use a different meat we’ve used chicken as well and it turns out great! Here is the recipe for a smaller version of tater tot casserole using this crockpot casserole dish (love this style).
1.5 c. cooked hamburger or chicken
3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. frozen green beans
3 c. frozen tater tots
sprinkle of minced onion and salt if desired
follow instructions to put together above, cook on high 2 hrs., add cheese, then an additional hour
Super easy crockpot casserole idea right?
A great night 3 or so using your leftover ham too! For another great casserole you should try our cream corn casserole, you could easily add leftover ham to that too, or just serve as a side dish to just about any meal!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉