Easy crockpot lasagna recipe with no boiling required. Great pasta dinner your whole family will love using just a few ingredients and cooks quickly in your slow cooker. It’s one of our favorite crock pot recipes because you can dump it in and go. I will never make lasagna in the oven again after this!
Let me share our favorite easy crockpot lasagna recipe with you! Special thanks goes out to Ragu® for sponsoring this post so I could share this easy meal idea with all of you! This is definitely one of our favorite crock pot recipes. (originally published 1/16, affiliate links present)
I LOVE my crockpot…..and not ashamed to admit it!
It’s not just for stews and casseroles anymore, and what better dish to cook than a down home favorite….lasagna!
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
If you follow my blog at all you know I am all about EASY meals my whole family (of 5) will enjoy and takes little time to prepare.
- With 3 kids, a household to maintain, working full time, and taking care of myself I like easy meal ideas such as this one. Lasagna is typically a chore to make.
For me the tedious and frustrating part is cooking the noodles. Trying to take one out at a time while they’re scalding hot and trying not to break them is the worst.
First you will need to go shopping for a few ingredients. I do a lot of shopping at Sam’s Club since I make 15 lunches a week for my kids to take to School.
I can get snacks and lunch items in bulk at a great price there. Ragu® will be the staple for our easy crockpot lasagna recipe, and you can get a 3 pack which is great.
I use one for this recipe, one to make my muffin tin pizzas, and then have another for spaghetti during the month as well in just one purchase.
It’s super tasty and everything you need is all in the jar so it’s a great for busy Moms! Next on the list are the other things listed in the recipe below….I will show you the steps and how easy to prepare this is in the next few pictures. 😉
Crockpot lasagna recipe
- Ground beef or Italian sausage
- Ricotta cheese
- Cottage cheese (yes really)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lasagna noodles (NO need to boil before putting in your crockpot – Yes!)
- Spaghetti meat sauce
- I use whatever pasta sauce style I have on hand
- Italian seasoning or other seasons you normally add to your pasta
- Non stick cooking spray is helpful
Total comfort food I tell you.
You can find all of the above ingredients at Sam’s Club as well while you’re shopping….makes for an easy one stop trip + an easy meal idea!
Now let me show you how to make this easy slow cooker lasagna recipe step by step.
Once you’ve cooked your ground beef, turkey, or if you prefer to make a vegetarian lasagna then just leave the meat portion out…..no problem!
Combine the Ragu and meat into one bowl and set aside.
Next you’ll want to get out another bowl and combine all the cheeses along with the 1 egg into that bowl, and stir. This will be the cheese mixture that you will use in the layering process.
Now your first layer of tomato sauce is just so the noodles don’t stick to the bottom of your slow cooker really.
- Break your lasagna noodles in half and lay them over the sauce mixture. It won’t be perfect but that is the beauty of lasagna, it doesn’t have to be!
Next…..spoon the cheese mixture on top of your uncooked noodles. Seriously……I just glob it on there and don’t bother smoothing it out, it will be perfect when it is done my friends. 😉
Put your slow cooker on low for about 4 hours. It comes out looking ooey gooey and delicious like this! If you want cheese on the top just add some mozzarella.
Then recover for about 10 minutes. I hope you love our easy crock pot lasagna recipe. It’s on our monthly meal rotation!
Once you’ve tried this you should give these other lasagna recipes a try:
- Crockpot lasagna casserole recipe is a bit easier to throw together without any layering
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- Instant Pot lasagna soup is deconstructed and simple to throw together
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Time needed: 4 hours.
Easy Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
Cook ground sausage on skillet over medium heat and drain (can use ground turkey or beef too).
Add cooked meat (can make meatless too) and spaghetti sauce into a bowl and stir. Can add seasonings, fresh basil, etc. In a separate bowl combine shredded mozzarella cheese, ricotta, egg and cottage cheese.
Mix these 3 ingredients well and set aside.
Spray inside of pot with non stick spray. Pour meat sauce mixture on the bottom of your crockpot just to cover the bottom and so noodles won’t stick.
Break lasagna noodles in half and line them up over the sauce so it creates a layer of noodles. Noodles should cover sauce overlapping as little as possible.
Scoop some of the cheese mixture on top of the uncooked noodles. Then put another layer of spaghetti sauce mixture over that.
- Finish and cook
Repeat sauce noodles and cheese steps until there is no more spaghetti sauce mixture.
Cook on low for about 4 hours cooking time. Add additional mozzarella cheese about 10 min. before serving, recover until melted and then serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!
Printable recipe with nutrition facts such as saturated fat and calories below.
Easy Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- Cook ground sausage on stovetop and drain (can use ground turkey or beef too).
- Add cooked meat (can make meatless too) and spaghetti sauce into a bowl and stir.
- In a separate bowl combine shredded mozzarella cheese, ricotta, egg and cottage cheese.
- Mix these 3 ingredients well and set aside. Pour spaghetti sauce mixture on the bottom of your crockpot just to cover the bottom and so noodles won’t stick.
- Break lasagna noodles in half and line them up over the sauce so it creates a layer of noodles. Noodles should cover sauce overlapping as little as possible.
- Scoop some of the cheese mixture on top of the uncooked noodles. Then put another layer of spaghetti sauce mixture over that.
- Repeat these steps until there is no more spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours. Add additional mozzarella cheese about 10 min. before serving, recover until melted and then serve!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu®. The opinions and text are all mine.