This is how to make a crock pot pizza! It is so much fun and actually turns out really good. Great slow cooker dinner idea that your kids can help you with. Load it up with the toppings you love and let it cook without turning your oven on during the summertime.
I really wasn’t quite sure how this crock pot pizza was going to turn out, but I thought I would give it a whirl. I was shocked at how well it turned out! Others said they had cooked it this way before but I was a bit skeptical. I wasn’t sure that a pizza cooked in my slow cooker would actually work, but it did. Here is how you cook a pizza in the crock pot so you can give it a whirl too! It’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 1/16)
I know….it sounds crazy, and kinda’ like “why would you do that”? But, I love anything that can be cooked in the crockpot because it saves me tons of time. Even if I am home I would rather slap the ingredients for pizza in there and let it do it’s thing while I am working or cleaning. I have much better things to do with my time!
- From there I even made Instant Pot pizza which was fun! This Instant Pot pizza pasta was a hit in our house for dinner as well!
Why would you bother cooking a pizza in your crockpot you may ask? Well we live in an area where it reaches over 100 degrees during the summer often and there is NO way I am turning on my oven then. That’s when I exclusively use my slow cooker and Instant Pot.
Crock Pot pizza is fun for the kids to help “bake” too.
How to make Crock pot pizza and what you’ll need to get started
- Crockpot – 6 qt works
- Refrigerated pizza dough – or you could make your own
- Spaghetti sauce
- Any other pizza toppings you want
- I recommend non stick cooking spray too
So get out a tube of refrigerated pizza dough, un roll it and put it into the bottom of your crockpot AFTER you spray the heck out of it with non stick spray. 😉
- Then just fold the sides over so it makes an oval and you’ll have a thicker crust.
- Add you sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 1.5 hours – 1 hr. 45 minutes.
- I checked it after 1 hr. and 20 minutes and kept checking every 10 min. after for my first time.
- Take the lid off and cook for about 10-15 more minutes so steam doesn’t build up and it can brown slightly (won’t get as brown as it would in the oven).
Here’s a video showing how we make crockpot pizza
It totally worked! To get it out I took the inside of the crockpot out. I held it on it’s side (with a pot holder) and used a spatula to get under one end and slide it out. That is why you need the non stick spray.
Or easier yet just let it cool with the lid off for about 20 minutes and lift it out with a spatula like you see here. It was really good. I used my larger crockpot here (affilitate link) and it fed 3 or 4 of us with a side of salad.
Crock Pot Pizza
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1.5 c spaghetti sauce
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 10 pepperoni and any other pizza toppings you want
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with non stick spray, spray it well!
- Unroll your refrigerated pizza dough and put it on the bottom stretching it so it covers the bottom but doesn't have any holes. Roll the sides down so they create a thicker crust around the edges and hold filling in.
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Cover your slow cooker and set to low for 1.5 hrs. or until outside dough is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Take lid off, turn off, and allow to cool a bit so it stays in one piece before attempting to slide it out of the crockpot and cutting it.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉