Crock pot pizza is so fun! Great slow cooker dinner idea that your kids can help you with. Load it up with the toppings you love and let it cook without turning your oven on during the summertime.
I really wasn’t quite sure how this crock pot pizza was going to turn out, but I thought I would give it a whirl. I was shocked at how well it turned out! Others said they had cooked it this way before but I was a bit skeptical. I wasn’t sure that a pizza cooked in my slow cooker would actually work, but it did. Here is how you too can give this family favorite a whirl too! It’s one of our best crock pot recipes. (originally published 1/16, affiliate links present)
I know….it sounds crazy, and kinda’ like “why would you do that”? But, I love anything that can be cooked in the crockpot because it saves me tons of time.
- Even if I am home I would rather slap the ingredients for pizza in there and let it do it’s thing while I am working or cleaning. I have much better things to do with my time!
- From there I even made Instant Pot pizza which was fun! This Instant Pot pizza pasta was a hit in our house for dinner as well!
Why would you bother cooking a pizza in your crockpot you may ask? Well we live in an area where it reaches over 100 degrees during the summer often and there is NO way I am turning on my oven then. That’s when I exclusively use my slow cooker and Instant Pot.
Crock Pot pizza is fun for the kids to help “bake” too.
How to make Crockpot pizza and what you’ll need to get started
- Crockpot – 6 qt works
- Refrigerated pizza dough – or you could make your own
- Spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 16 oz. or so of Mozzarella cheese
- Extra cheese, pepperoni, cooked ground beef, green peppers or any other pizza toppings you want
- A sprinkle of Italian seasoning on the top is good too
- I recommend non stick cooking spray too
This essentially turns out like a deep dish pizza. The crust is nice and thick and does cook all the way through. On busy days I set out paper plates and paper towels so it is super easy cleanup once we’re done too. 😉
So get out a tube of refrigerated pizza dough, un roll it and put it into the bottom of your crockpot AFTER you spray the heck out of it with non stick spray. 😉
- Then just fold the sides over so it makes an oval and you’ll have a thicker crust.
- Spread pizza sauce (spaghetti sauce is what we use) on top
- Then add your cheese and favorite pizza toppings
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 1.5 hours – 1 hr. 45 minutes.
- I checked it after 1 hr. and 20 minutes and kept checking every 10 min. after for my first time.
- Take the lid off and cook for about 10-15 more minutes so steam doesn’t build up and it can brown slightly (won’t get as brown as it would in the oven).
Low setting is best for this, medium high heat will cause bottom to get too brown without cooking the dough in the middle.
It totally worked! To get it out I took the inside of the crockpot out. I held it on it’s side (with a pot holder) and used a spatula to get under one end and slide it out. That is why you need the non stick spray.
- Or easier yet just let it cool with the lid off for about 20 minutes and lift it out with a spatula like you see here. It was really good. I used my larger crockpot here and it fed 3 or 4 of us with a side of salad.
Want to crisp the top??
- You can put it into your air fryer if the basket is large enough. Set to 400 degrees for just a few minutes should do it.
- Pop it under your broiler on a baking sheet for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a blow torch….just kidding. 😉 Just making sure you’re paying attention and actually reading my post here. lol
Want more?? Try our crock pot pizza casserole too! My family loves both of these all year long.
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes?
Our most popular on The Typical Mom is this 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe we make on a weekly basis.
- Crockpot crack chicken is simple and droolworthy.
- Slow cooker creamy tomato soup
- This crockpot enchilada casserole is amazing
- Let’s round this out with our popular crockpot hamburger helper recipe that everyone loves.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Here’s a video showing how we make slow cooker pizza
Crock Pot Pizza
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1.5 c spaghetti sauce
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 10 pepperoni and any other pizza toppings you want
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with non stick spray, spray it well!
- Unroll your refrigerated pizza dough and put it on the bottom stretching it so it covers the bottom but doesn't have any holes. Roll the sides down so they create a thicker crust around the edges and hold filling in.
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Cover your slow cooker and set to low for 1.5 hrs. or until outside dough is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Take lid off, turn off, and allow to cool a bit so it stays in one piece before attempting to slide it out of the crockpot and cutting it.