Homemade air fryer pizza is super quick and easy to make! Use semi homemade pizza crust and make these personal pizzas in less than 20 minutes flat. Great air fryer dinner.
Air fryer pizza from scratch is probably my kids’ favorite meal! I love air fryer recipes in general but especially during the hot months when I’m NOT about to turn on my oven. Made with semi homemade pizza dough you can top them with anything and they’ll come out perfect. (affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Pizza
I mean, who doesn’t love cheesy pizza??!! You can make it in any brand hot air machine, there are lots of brands out there. They all work the same really, we have a few and there’s no noticeable difference. 😉 Of course you can make frozen pizza air fryer style but that isn’t nearly as good as making it yourself.
Feel free to make our own dough but I find the packaged type you just add water too is pretty darn close to that and easy to prep especially when you’re cooking with kids.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Ninja Pizza Recipe
- I have a traditional Cosori air fryer as well as a Ninja Foodi which is a pressure cooker too. This will work with either type.
You will have to use some sort of pan to make this. Whether you want to make a deep dish or regular crust you don’t want it just in the basket itself. There are holes in the bottom remember so it will slowly seep thru, cook, and then you won’t be able to pull it out, trust me. Here’s what we used for our 2 mini personal pizzas.
Air Fryer Pizza Dough From Scratch
Yes, of course you can make homemade pizza dough. Not going to happen in my house. I’m all about easy peasy so this mix that only requires water is perfect!
- 7″ springform pan
- can put a round piece of parchment paper underneath
- We used this simple Pizza crust mix
- Spaghetti or pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil spray
Of course use any pizza toppings you love or just leave them plain cheese for the littles. When we make pizza toast this way I will just add meat and maybe sliced olives. My kids prefer sweeter pineapple chunks with Canadian bacon.
Pizza in Air Fryer
I like this pizza dough mix because all you need is hot water to turn out great in just a few minutes. This air fryer dinner recipe is something my older girls can make on their own, which they love.
- If you’re making Ninja Foodi pizza you could just use their air fryer basket instead of the springform pan.
It won’t have a totally flat bottom because of the holes in the bottom but that’s no big deal. I like using the pan so everything stays in tact though.
Once your dough is the right consistency then you press it into your pan. Spraying with olive oil beforehand does help.
You’ll want to preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees for a few minutes now. Then you’ll want to spray your raw dough with some olive oil spray and “bake” it a bit before you load it up with toppings.
Once that is done spread on some sauce, cheese and toppings and you’re set to melt those. Margherita pizza is my husband’s favorite pizza.
- Since these are just the right size for one everyone can personalize it with exactly what they love on their pie.
We have made Instant Pot pizza before but this way gets it nice and crispy. You can get the CrispLid to turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer. See which one you like. It’s our favorite meal.
Once it’s done slice it into thin slices and you have the most perfect little pepperoni pizza ever. Looking for other easy Ninja air fryer recipes? We have made another version of these called air fryer hot pockets too.
Our air fryer whole chicken is amazing, and WAY better than rotisserie in the store.
- Nobody can beat our dry rub air fryer wings recipe. They’re a great appetizer or dinner for everyone with ranch or fry sauce.
And air fryer corn is the perfect side dish to any meal. This is semi homemade pizza, but what if you ordered pizza the night before?
Can I reheat pizza in an air fryer?
YES! We share exactly how to reheat pizza in air fryer here. I will tell you that it is a game changer and way better than in the microwave. Tastes brand new.
How to cook frozen pizza in an air fryer
If you want to know how to cook frozen pizza this way we have instructions for that as well linked at the top of this post. I think this semi homemade version turns out better but if you’re in a hurry both are handy to have.
- You can make pizza rolls in the air fryer too now.
Check at 10 minutes to determine how much longer you’ll need. Timing will depend on thickness of crust. Try frozen chicken nuggets too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Pizza
- Preheat your air fryer at 320 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Make your pizza dough. Spray 7" springform pan and spread dough inside so it is level across the pan.
- Put into air fryer and spray top of raw pizza dough with olive oil.
- Close lid/drawer and set to 320 degrees for 3 minutes so dough can cook a bit.
- Open and add pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni and other toppings.
- Close lid/drawer again and reset to 320 degrees for 7 minutes. Add 1 more minute if you want top crispier. Enjoy!