If you’ve been wondering how to make an Instant Pot pizza I have the answer for you!! We have made these individual pizzas in our pressure cooker for weeks now and the kids love it for dinner. It’s simple once you have the right pan, ingredients, and instructions. Try it this week and let us know what you think!
I wondered if it was possible to make an Instant Pot pizza, and we figured it out! With the right ingredients and instructions below you can make pressure cooker pizzas at your house too. Special thanks goes out to Horizon Organics for sponsoring this post, One of my kids favorite Instant Pot recipes for sure. (originally published 3/18, affiliate links present)
With a short cook time on high pressure and a quick release you too can make them loaded up with your kids tonight! You can make this as a Ninja Foodi pizza too.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
My kids love this easy dinner idea because they’re perfect for one or two people, and they can top it as they choose.
I am sure you have made a pizza at home in one way shape or form. Making these personal pizzas in your Instant Pot are not much different…other than the pan and pot you’re using to cook it in.
Everyone likes different toppings so I just set them all out. When it is their turn to “decorate” their pizza they can do so as they choose.
You could make your own homemade pizza dough but let’s be honest. I head for what is easy, meaning refrigerated pizza dough! When you unroll it and stretch it out just a bit it is the perfect size for 2 Instant Pot pizzas!
It’s usually enough 3 people. Since I have 3 girls and they’re always looking for a yummy after school snack or early dinner if we’re in a hurry heading out to sports practices.
Instant Pot pizza recipe
It just needs a little stretching from there. I flip the pan over (that has been sprayed with non stick spray) and put my dough inside. Making sure the sides come up a bit to create the crust.
Now spread some sauce down. Layer on LOTS of cheese and toppings and you’re ready to cover it with foil and pop it into your pressure cooker!
Pizza in Instant Pot
- An Instant Pot or pressure cooker – I have the 6 qt.
- Instant Pot Pizza pan that will fit into a 6 or 8 qt. pot (I use the shallow pan in this set)
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce – I just use spaghetti sauce usually
- Pizza toppings
- Mini pepperoni
- Sliced mushroom
- Sliced olives
- Diced bell pepper
Olive oil spray is a good idea too for the pan so it slides right out. A quick and easy dish that is fun to pressure cook with your kids. EASY recipes are just out thing really.
As with any other Instant Pot recipes that is using the pot in pot method you will need to put a trivet inside your pot with 2 cups of water in the bottom and lower your pizza pan on to your trivet.
I covered my pan with foil so it wouldn’t get wet with the condensation inside the pot when it cooked, and made a sling out of tinfoil to lower it into and lift it out of the pot…makes it easier.
It’s really a fun snack or meal…let us know what you think!
Here’s the printable recipe with nutritional information like saturated fat and calories shared below. We have a video showing how we made it below too.
- For a slow cooker style, you can try our crock pot pizza recipe too.
- Another fun idea is to make Instant Pot pizza pasta.
Instant Pot pizza
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Instant Pot air fryer pizza
- Make dough
I used packaged pizza dough where I just needed to add water. You could use homemade dough if you wanted to as well. Cut and place inside your pizza pan so it comes up on the sides a bit.
- Add toppings
Spoon some spaghetti or pizza sauce on top of your raw dough, then cover with cheese and any other toppings of your choice.
- Prepare to cook
Pour in 2 c of water into your pressure cooker with a trivet in the middle. Create a foil sling to put under your pizza pan so you can lift it out easily.
Lower pizza pan on to trivet, close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 15 minutes followed by a quick release.
Quickly remove lid so condensation from inside of lid doesn’t drip on to your pie. If you want to use your CrispLid air fryer lid drain the water out of the pot and put pizza back in.
400 degrees for 4 minutes or so should get the top brown.
Want to try other ways of cooking your favorite pies? Try directions for cooking frozen pizza in an air fryer too! It is a great after school snack that your older kids can make all on their own now.
Or you can make your own air fryer pizza with the same dough we used here! This way it will come out really crispy all over and takes about the same amount of time, 15 minutes or so. 😉
Instant Pot Pizza
- 1 container refrigerated pizza dough or make your own
- 1 1/4 c Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese or more, enough to make 2 pizzas
- 3/4 c pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 c pepperoni
- 1/4 c sliced olives or other pizza toppings
- Unroll your pizza dough and stretch it out just a bit so it is flat and large enough to cut 2 pizzas using the pizza 7″ pan as a guide.
- Spray the inside of your Instant Pot pizza pan with just a little non stick spray.
- Turn your pizza pan upside down, on to your dough, and cut around it with a knife.
- Turn pizza pan right side up, stretch the circle of dough just enough so it fits inside your pan with enough to come up on the sides for the crust.
- Spoon in a bit of sauce, top with cheese and toppings and cover with tinfoil.
- Add a trivet inside your Instant Pot and pour in 2 c. of water.
- Make a sling out of tin foil and put underneath your pizza pan to lower it on to your trivet.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to manual, high, for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release, lift out, uncover pan and carefully slide it out of the pan and on to a cutting board to slice. Best when served immediately.
- ** If you have a CrispLid you can turn that on at the end before removing from pan. Set to 400 degrees for about 4 minutes to brown top.