If you’ve been wondering how to make an Instant Pot pizza I have the answer for you!! We have made these individual pizzas in our pressure cooker for weeks now and the kids love it for dinner. It’s simple once you have the right pan, ingredients, and instructions. Try it this week and let us know what you think!
Ever since we started cooking in our fancy pressure cooker I’ve wondered if it was possible to make an Instant Pot pizza and we figured it out! My kids love this easy dinner idea because they’re perfect for one or two people, and they can top it as they choose. With the right ingredients, the pizza toppings you love, and the instructions below you too can start to make pressure cooker pizzas at your house too. Special thanks goes out to Horizon Organics for sponsoring this post so we could share our new favorite meal (or snack) with all of you. 😉 One of my kids favorite Instant Pot recipes for sure.
I am sure you have made a pizza at home in one way shape or form. Making these personalized pizzas in your Instant Pot are not much different…other than the pan and pot you’re using to cook it in.
I typically keep a lot of cheese around because we eat it like crazy, for this recipe Horizon Organic Mozzarella (already shredded…saves me a step) is perfect.
Everyone likes different toppings so I just set them all out and when it is their turn to “decorate” their pizza they can do so as they choose.
You could make your own homemade pizza dough but let’s be honest….I head for what is easy, meaning refrigerated pizza dough! When you unroll it and stretch it out just a bit it is the perfect size for 2 Instant Pot pizzas!
It’s usually enough for 3 of us which works out perfectly because I have 3 girls and they’re always looking for a yummy after school snack or early dinner if we’re in a hurry heading out to sports practices.
I just turn my Instant Pot pizza pan upside down on one end of the dough, and use a knife to cut the circle of pizza dough out.
It just needs a little stretching from there and I lay it inside the pan (that has been sprayed with non stick spray) making sure the sides come up a bit to create the crust.
Now spread some sauce down, layer on LOTS of cheese and toppings and you’re ready to cover it with foil and pop it into your pressure cooker!
This is what you will need to make this easy Instant Pot pizza
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker – I have the 6 qt.
- Instant Pot Pizza pan that will fit into a 6 or 8 qt. pot (I use the shallow pan in this set)
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella cheese – you can find it in these stores
- Sauce – I just use spaghetti sauce
- Pizza toppings
- Mini pepperoni
- Sliced mushroom
- Sliced olives
- Diced green pepper
As with any other Instant Pot recipe that is using the pot in pot method you will need to put a trivet inside your pot with 2 cups of water in the bottom and lower your pizza pan on to your trivet.
I covered my pan with foil so it wouldn’t get wet with the condensation inside the pot when it cooked, and made a sling out of tinfoil to lower it into and lift it out of the pot…makes it easier.
It’s really a fun snack or meal…let us know what you think!
Here’s the printable recipe and a video showing how we made it:
Here’s a video showing how easy Instant Pot pizza is to make
Instant Pot Pizza
- 1 container refrigerated pizza dough or make your own
- 1 1/4 c Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese or more, enough to make 2 pizzas
- 3/4 c pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 c pepperoni
- 1/4 c sliced olives or other pizza toppings
- Unroll your pizza dough and stretch it out just a bit so it is flat and large enough to cut 2 pizzas using the pizza 7" pan as a guide.
- Spray the inside of your Instant Pot pizza pan with just a little non stick spray.
- Turn your pizza pan upside down, on to your dough, and cut around it with a knife.
- Turn pizza pan right side up, stretch the circle of dough just enough so it fits inside your pan with enough to come up on the sides for the crust.
- Spoon in a bit of sauce, top with cheese and toppings and cover with tinfoil.
- Add a trivet inside your Instant Pot and pour in 2 c. of water.
- Make a sling out of tin foil and put underneath your pizza pan to lower it on to your trivet.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to manual, high, for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release, lift out, uncover pan and carefully slide it out of the pan and on to a cutting board to slice. Best when served immediately.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉