Here’s an easy pressure cooker beef and broccoli recipe you’ll love. Made in my Instant Pot the other night it has a thick flavorful sauce and tender beef with vegetables cooked together in one pot. Served on top of rice or alone for dinner it is a simple but tasty meal my kids really loved too.
I’m nearing my 80th pressure cooker recipe with this easy Instant Pot beef and broccoli dinner! If you love easy and copycat dishes you love eating when you go out to dinner, you and your kids will appreciate this flavorful meal. Tender beef smothered in sauce and vegetables cooked to perfection, this pressure cooker beef and broccoli recipe one of my kids favorite meals, and one of many healthy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom. Let us know what you think when you make it!
With just a few ingredients you too can make this pressure cooker beef and broccoli in less than 15 minutes!
Using frozen broccoli is a winner because it’s available year round and doesn’t get mushy. If you’re looking for a low carb pressure cooker recipe this is a great one. Just omit the rice and you’re set. We love it atop a bed of Jasmine rice but that’s your choice.
If you have a large family you could double this easy Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe. This tends to be enough to feed the 5 of us with rice on the side.
Many times I buy a bag of edamame and boil those while this is cooking. Then everything is ready at the same time. With a little salt on top they’re inexpensive and a great new vegetable you can introduce to your kids.
Most of what you need for pressure cooker beef and broccoli is probably in your fridge.
We cook a lot of Asian style dishes so these ingredients are typically staples in our house, but a few may be needed in yours. If you love dinners like this you should try our Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs and our easy Instant Pot butter chicken has been really popular too!
Whether you have an Instant Pot, Power Pressure Cooker XL or Crock Pot Express this recipe will work well in all of the above.
Here’s what you’ll need to make our easy pressure cooker beef and broccoli
- Flank steak – cut into strips
- Ginger – I used minced in a jar
- Garlic – minced in a jar
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Broccoli – frozen florettes
- Cornstarch – to thicken sauce if desired
Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb flank steak sliced thin
- 1 tsp ginger minced or fresh and grated
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 bag broccoli frozen, florets, 10 oz.
- 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved into 1/4 c water
- Place steak, ginger, garlic, and oil into the bottom of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Turn pot on saute, normal setting and cook until the meat is browned. Turn pot off.
- Stir in soy sauce, water, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release and lift lid.
- Add frozen broccoli into your pot and set to saute again (with lid open).
- Stir slowly until broccoli is cooked.
- In a small bowl dissolve cornstarch and 1/4 c. water, dump into pot and stir to thicken the sauce.
- Serve alone or on a bed of rice!
Looking for other easy pressure cooker recipes?