Here’s an easy Instant Pot pressure cooker beef and broccoli recipe you’ll love! Made in a Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi it has a thick flavorful sauce and tender beef cooked together in one pot.
Tender beef smothered in sauce and vegetables cooked to perfection. This pressure cooker beef and broccoli recipe one of my kids favorite meals. It’s one of many healthy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom. Let us know what you think when you make it! (originally published 3/18, affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
If you love easy and copycat dishes you love eating when you go out to dinner, you and your kids will appreciate this flavorful meal. You can make it in your Ninja Foodi. With just a few ingredients you too can make this in less than 15 minutes!
Using frozen broccoli is a winner because it’s available year round and doesn’t get mushy. No need to cook the vegetables first. You could add slices of onions and/or bell peppers too if you wanted to make this more of a stir fry of sorts.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
- This is a great InstaPot cookbook and set of wooden utensils are great to grab too.
- I HIGHLY recommend you buy this non stick pot.
- You should still deglaze pressure cooker after sautéing but it won’t have as many issues with this better liner.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
More is kinda’ better in this case. You do want to choose produce items that cook at the same rate though. Florets don’t take long at all so you want to choose others that are somewhat delicate and will get tender together without falling apart.
Ninja Foodi Beef and Broccoli
If you are using this pot in particular you will need to use the lid that is NOT attached. The other is for air frying and that isn’t necessary for this.
What is the best cut of meat for beef and broccoli?
Honestly, I tend to use what I have on hand, or whatever is on sale. If I want to make the best bites though, a tender flat iron steak tops the list for sure. After the filet it is actually the most tender cut of beef you can find and use for really any sort of recipe. Try it, it makes all the difference!
How long does it take to cook steak in an Instant Pot? Well if you’re just cooking it with potatoes like we have done in the past, about 5 minutes does it. Timing will vary depending on thickness and how well done you like it but that’s the general rule.
If you’re looking for a low carb Instant Pot recipe this is a great one. Just omit the rice and you’re set. We love this dinner recipe atop a bed of Jasmine rice but that’s your choice.
Ground Beef and Broccoli Instant Pot
If you have a large family you could double this recipe. This tends to be enough to feed the 5 of us with rice on the side. Only have hamburger on hand? You can use that instead which may be preferred by your little ones. I typically will use the directions for Korean ground beef for that method.
Many times I buy a bag of edamame and boil those while this is cooking. Then everything is ready at the same time. With a little salt on top they’re inexpensive and a great new vegetable you can introduce to your kids. Most of what you need for pressure cooker beef and broccoli is probably in your fridge.
We cook a lot of Asian style dishes so these ingredients are typically staples in our house, but a few may be needed in yours. If you love dinners like this you should try easy Instant Pot butter chicken, that one has been really popular too!
Better Than Takeout Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Whether you have an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer, or Crock Pot Express this recipe will work well.
- Pressure cooker
- I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot too!
- Flank steak – cut into strips
- chuck roast works too
- Ginger – I used minced in a jar
- Garlic – minced in a jar
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Broccoli – frozen florets
- to thicken sauce if desired
- 1/2 cup of water – or beef broth is better in my opinion
- Olive oil
- or sesame oil
Serve over pressure cooker rice if desired or as is for lower carbs. A sprinkle of sesame seeds or diced chives on top is a nice flair.
Looking for other easy pressure cooker recipes?
- This pressure cooker roast beef is great
- Flavorful Instant Pot fajitas are healthy
- Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers turn out great with ground beef or spicy ground sausage inside
- Tender pressure cooker stew or one pot Instant Pot beef stew casserole are great.
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is a fun choice for families
Of course you could make this in a slow cooker but believe me using electric pressure cookers are so much easier, and cooking time is much faster. Pressure cooking rocks! Our family loved it!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb flank steak sliced thin
- 1 tsp ginger minced or fresh and grated
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/2 c beef broth or water
- 1/4 c rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 bag broccoli frozen, florets, 10 oz.
- 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved into 1/4 c water
- Place steak, ginger, garlic, and oil into the bottom of your your pressure cooker.
- Turn Instant Pot or Ninja foodi on saute, use brown/sear on Crock Pot Express. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Turn pot off.
- Stir in soy sauce, broth, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release and lift lid.
- Add frozen broccoli into your pot and set to saute again (with lid open).For Crock Pot express use sear/brown button for this step.
- Stir slowly until broccoli is cooked.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and about 5 tbsp of hot liquid from pot until mixture is smooth. Dump into pot and stir to thicken the sauce.Turn pot off.
- Serve alone or on a bed of rice!
Monday 5th of July 2021
I have tryed many of you meals and they are great 👍the only thing we have done differently is we don't care for hot so we don't add those ingredients and have started using low sodom Soy sauce iv always cook with some but have always put more on the table so my family can add some if they won't to ! Thanks for helping me love my instapot it stayed in the box for a few mouths then we made the apple crisp and I was sold on it!
The Typical Mom
Wednesday 7th of July 2021
Glad I was a help
Sunday 28th of March 2021
I made this for my husband and he said it was great! I have the ninja foodi 8qt and I had three pounds of stew beef. I tripled the recipe so he would have lunches for the week. Thanks for the great recipe!
The Typical Mom
Monday 29th of March 2021
Thursday 20th of August 2020
This was very good. The only change I would make next time is use low sodium soy sauce. Just a tad too salty. Still delicious.
Tuesday 13th of July 2021
@Amber Meyer, I also went with the low sodom soy sauce! Other then that I don't change up much in her recipes!
Wednesday 22nd of August 2018
Great all around recipe Viva was just the right tool to make this happen. Thank you for sharing.
Monday 5th of March 2018
If using fresh broccoli how long would you cook it?
The Typical Mom
Wednesday 7th of March 2018
That would only be maybe a minute/2, just keep an eye on it after added and remove when it is the tenderness you desire.