Here’s an easy pressure cooker beef and broccoli recipe you’ll love! Made in an Instant Pot, Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi it has a thick flavorful sauce and tender beef cooked together in one pot.
Tender beef smothered in sauce and vegetables cooked to perfection. This pressure cooker beef and broccoli recipe one of my kids favorite meals. It’s one of many healthy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom. Let us know what you think when you make it! (originally published 3/18, affiliate links present)
I’m nearing my 80th pressure cooker recipe with this easy Instant Pot beef and broccoli dinner!
If you love easy and copycat dishes you love eating when you go out to dinner, you and your kids will appreciate this flavorful meal. You can make it in your Ninja Foodi.
- With just a few ingredients you too can make this in less than 15 minutes!
Using frozen broccoli is a winner because it’s available year round and doesn’t get mushy. No need to cook the broccoli first.
What is the best cut of meat for beef and broccoli? Honestly, I tend to use what I have on hand, or whatever is on sale. If I want to make the best bites though, a tender flat iron steak tops the list for sure.
- After the filet it is actually the most tender cut of beef you can find and use for really any sort of recipe. Try it, it makes all the difference!
How long does it take to cook steak in an Instant Pot? Well if you’re just cooking it with potatoes like we have done in the past, about 5 minutes does it. Timing will vary depending on thickness and how well done you like it but that’s the general rule.
If you’re looking for a low carb Instant Pot recipe this is a great one. Just omit the rice and you’re set. We love this dinner recipe atop a bed of Jasmine rice but that’s your choice.
If you have a large family you could double this easy Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe. This tends to be enough to feed the 5 of us with rice on the side.
Many times I buy a bag of edamame and boil those while this is cooking. Then everything is ready at the same time. With a little salt on top they’re inexpensive and a great new vegetable you can introduce to your kids.
Most of what you need for pressure cooker beef and broccoli is probably in your fridge.
We cook a lot of Asian style dishes so these ingredients are typically staples in our house, but a few may be needed in yours. If you love dinners like this you should try our Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs and our easy Instant Pot butter chicken has been really popular too!
Whether you have an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and airfryer, or Crock Pot Express this recipe will work well.
Here’s what you’ll need to make our easy beef and broccoli Instant Pot recipe
- Pressure cooker
- I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot too!
- Flank steak – cut into strips
- chuck roast works too
- Ginger – I used minced in a jar
- Garlic – minced in a jar
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Broccoli – frozen florets
- to thicken sauce if desired
- 1/2 cup of water – or beef broth is better in my opinion
- Olive oil
- or sesame oil
- Serve over pressure cooker rice if desired
- A sprinkle of sesame seeds for top
Looking for other easy pressure cooker recipes?
- This pressure cooker roast beef is great
- Flavorful Instant Pot fajitas are healthy
- Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers turn out great with ground beef or spicy ground sausage inside
- Tender pressure cooker stew or one pot Instant Pot beef stew casserole are great.
- Our pressure cooker Chinese pepper steak is similar but a different choice some night.
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is a fun choice for families
Of course you could make this in a slow cooker but believe me using electric pressure cookers are so much easier, and cooking time is much faster. Pressure cooking rocks! Our family loved it!
Printable recipe below includes nutritional information like calories, saturated fat and more. If you’d like more easy InstaPot recipes like this one delivered into your email, sign up for our newsletter here.
Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Place steak, ginger, garlic, and oil into the bottom of your your pressure cooker.
- Turn Instant Pot or Ninja foodi on saute, use brown/sear on Crock Pot Express. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Turn pot off.
- Stir in soy sauce, broth, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release and lift lid.
- Add frozen broccoli into your pot and set to saute again (with lid open).For Crock Pot express use sear/brown button for this step.
- Stir slowly until broccoli is cooked.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and about 5 tbsp of hot liquid from pot until mixture is smooth. Dump into pot and stir to thicken the sauce.Turn pot off.
- Serve alone or on a bed of rice!