Ninja Foodi stew is a hearty beef dinner with mashed potatoes. Comfort food on a plate all cooked in your pressure cooker and air fryer appliance.
Ninja Foodi Beef Stew
Serve it over a bed of mashed potatoes or in a bowl with rolls on the side for dinner. It’s one of our favorite pressure cooker stew meat recipes.
If you want to use pork instead of beef, you can follow our pressure cooker pork stew recipe too. Any meat works. but beef stew meat is what most people would use to make this comfort food. An old fashioned dish that your grandmother probably made for you as a child and now you crave it again as an adult right?
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
It’s pretty amazing. You can cook an entire Ninja Foodi roast in about an hour and it falls apart with the poke of a fork. It is a game changer if you want to start eating together more often but don’t have time to baby a hunk of meat until it is ready to enjoy.
Want to make spaghetti and melt cheese right on the top?
NO problem with their crisp lid! This thing can do everything (except my laundry) I’m telling you.
We love this over a soft bed of Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes, but you could use Ninja Foodi rice too. If you just like it warm in a bowl with a side of easy dinner rolls that is great too. Take your pick.
Ninja Foodi stew
- Fresh or defrosted stew meat or beef tips
- if yours is still frozen this is how to cook frozen stew meat
- decrease timing by 5 minutes, then throw in rest of ingredients and continue
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Brown gravy mix packets
- Beef broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Occasionally I will add a pinch of garlic salt
- a tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce is yummy too if I have it on hand
If you have another brand of pressure cooker you can follow the same instructions below. This and all Instant Pot recipes are interchangeable if you weren’t aware already.
Of course we have a list of specific Ninja Foodi recipes to enjoy too, but add them all together and there are several hundred to keep you busy.
Here are the basic steps to follow:
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Ninja Foodi Beef Stew
Set your Foodi to saute and add your olive oil. Add in your diced onions and stew meat that has been seasoned with salt and pepper
Cook until outside pieces are no longer pink and onions have softened. Turn your pot off now
Pour in 1/2 c of your beef broth. Secure your pressure cooker lid (one not attached), and close the steam valve.
Set to high pressure for 20 minutes followed by a quick release. Add frozen vegetables.
Set pot to saute again. Whisk together remaining broth with gravy packet, add this into your pot. Serve and enjoy.
Allow to thicken, then sprinkle in 2nd gravy packet, stir, and thicken more. Then serve.
Pressure cooker beef stew
The frozen peas and carrots get nice and tender with this flavorful gravy the tender stew meat is swimming in.
I think you could easily add some diced potatoes in at the beginning if you wanted to. I might try that the next go around.
- If you only have the Ninja Foodi grill you won’t be able to make this in that. It doesn’t include the pressure cooking function. It does make a killer steak though.
More easy Ninja Foodi recipes to try next!
- Cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti recipes uses both functions and is fabulous
- Then try Ninja Foodi pot roast with veggies
- Pressure cooker stroganoff casserole
- Ninja Foodi chicken recipe is great as well as Ninja Foodi pot roast
- Use our free printable Ninja Foodi cooking times sheet to figure out how long other foods take to cook.
If you want to try something similar to this in the oven, try our easy beef stew casserole.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Ninja Foodi Stew
- Set pot to saute and add olive oil. Season meat with salt and pepper and add in stew meat + onions, brown beef until no longer pink on the outside. Turn pot off.
- Add 1/2 c. of your broth. Put on pressure cooker lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Remove lid and add frozen peas and carrots. Stir and set to saute mode again.
- Whisk together in a bowl your remaining broth and 1 packet of dry gravy mix, add this into the pot and allow to bubble and thicken.
- Then I like it thicker so I add a 2nd packet of gravy mix. Stir this in allowing it to continue to thicken as much as you desire. Turn pot off and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or in a bowl with rolls on the side.