This is an easy 2 ingredient edible playdough recipe that your kids will love! A simple playdoh that is perfect for young children and fun to play with.
Do you have kids who love playdough, well if they do they will LOVE this easy 2 ingredient edible playdough recipe!! Yes, it’s possible to make it. We have done this time and time again throughout the years because it is fun and you use only 2 ingredients. You probably have them at home right now! (originally published 5/16, affiliate links present)
This edible play dough recipe is fun if you put it in an ice cream cone when it’s done! It makes it a bit easier to move around the table with ease. Talk about fun kids activities!
It’s a perfect idea for toddlers or to make for an upcoming birthday party too!! How fun would it be to have a playdough Birthday party with EDIBLE playdough there??!!
To make 2 ingredient edible playdough, just grab some
- ice cream cones
- thin flexible cutting boards (1 for each child)
- disposable bowls
- NO drops of food coloring needed if you get colored frosting
- Here is the recipe for edible homemade playdough below
So there are only 2 ingredients and mixed together they make a pretty good consistency for molding and tastes good.
- The more you knead the less sticky it becomes. It is not a perfect measurement, although I do provide measurements here. It is a balance of the 2 ingredients.
After you make this basic recipe and knead it a bit just add more powdered sugar to stiffen it up a little at a time until it is the consistency you want.
Watch as we make it:
How to Make Edible playdough
- store bought in tubs
- no gel food coloring needed if you get colored frosting
- could color white frosting with Kool Aid too
- Powdered sugar
- Dough tools
- Just combine 1 cup of frosting (any color or flavor you like)
- Add 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- If you have a countertop mixer or hand mixer it works best to mix it really thoroughly.
- If it is too sticky to the touch just add more dry ingredients (powdered sugar) a few tbsp. at a time until it can be picked up without sticking to their hands.
If the play dough gets a bit dry just put a bit of olive or coconut oil on your hands and knead it through to loosen it up.
What else will your kids love after making this edible playdough?
- The traditional ingredients to make playdough with cream of tartar, vegetable oil, flour, salt is here to try.
- Edible slime is fun too!
- For more kid friendly playdough recipes check out this post.
- There are gluten free options in there if you need that option.
Printable recipe is below. 😉
This is just 1 of 101+ fun indoor activities for kids, here are a few others:
- Make edible finger paint
- Homemade play putty is fun too
- Watercolor painting activities
- How to make paper flowers at home
- Just combine 1 cup of frosting (any color or flavor you like) + 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- If you have a countertop mixer or hand mixer you could use that on low speed. If it is too sticky to the touch just add more dry ingredients (powdered sugar).
- Add just a few tbsp. at a time until it can be picked up without totally sticking to their hands. Sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar on to a play mat and allow them to Play!!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!