Here’s a free printable Summer to do list with lots of free and cheap activities to do with your kids during the Summer months! From free bowling and roller skating to crafts for kids you can do right at home for little to no money at all, here’s a checklist so you can have fun and save money at the same time.
When summer arrives we are always looking for cheap but fun things to do. Here is a Summer to do list full of 50 fun things to do this summer that you can print out and mark off day by day! (originally published 6/16, affiliate links present)
- It’s a fun free summer printable that helps you think of new things.
- Most don’t cost a lot of money, or are free to do.
- I’ve included links to sign up for things like free roller skating, bowling, and more.
I encourage you to take advantage of as many as you can. There is nothing better than traveling and exploring with your kids.
Fun Summer activities for kids
- I would suggest you do take at least one vacation each year. We do!
- No, with a family of 5 we cannot afford to fly to Hawaii but have found ways to travel for free and have done that year.
- We even share here how to get into Disneyland for free.
- So, before the kids are out of school brainstorm about where you might want to go and get that planned!
- Check out our road trip blog for some great ideas.
As you can tell I’m a
cheapskate, I mean frugal. 😉 My philosophy is the more I save the more fun things we can do together. So, start with the fun free activities for kids and then go from there.
Free Summer activities
** Here is your free 50 Fun Summer Activities printable!
- That way you can get started with lots of fun activities now!
- There really are so many free Summer activities you can do, but sometimes you have a brain freeze (I do). It’s nice to have a few ideas to spark even more!
- We keep busy with summer activities for children, I like free activities whenever possible. Making a kite and visiting a local park can be a day long event everyone will love!
- There are many fun educational apps your kids can play.
- Go to the movies for just $1.00, many theaters participate in this program so check my list here and/or your local theater.
- Going to a drive in movie is fun too!
Think of this as a summer bucket list of sorts! Flip it over and write other things you think of too! Print a few pages from my free printable monthly calendar and add activities from this summer to do list on each day.
- Crafts are always fun to do with kids during the summertime. Slime is all the rage now!
- Gardening for kids are great outdoor activities.
- Do you have a reading nook at home?? If not, make one yourself and it will be great to have throughout the new school year!
- If you have a community pool or pool in your backyard that is instant entertainment.
- Adding some inexpensive pool rings or these torpedos to find can keep them busy even longer!
- Go camping, here are lots of resources on places you can camp for free.
- Getting just one giant bubble wand and big bubbles mixture can last you throughout the entire summer. Buying in bulk makes it super cheap in the long run.
- Coloring is always fun especially with free Disney printables.
- Make a craft using egg cartons, everyone has a few of those.
- Here’s how to make glow in the dark slime!
- Here is a roundup of 50 of the best ways to make slime
- 201+ free & cheap indoor activities for kids
- How to make edible chocolate playdough
- Making ice cream at home is really fun and super cheap too! Add that to your list.
- Seriously, all you need are a few ingredients and some ziploc bags to make it.
- Then create a sundae bar and have ice cream for lunch one day. It’s totally okay moms.
What do you have on your summer to do list that I don’t have listed yet??