These easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers will be your favorite pressure cooker meal! Classic stuffed peppers with cheesy ground beef and rice, they’re packed with flavor and will bring you back to your childhood!
Have you steamed anything in your Instant Pot yet?? We hadn’t yet until we made these easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers! We’ve made this recipe many times in the oven but I thought there had to be a way to make one of our favorite meals in our new pressure cooker and it turned out to be so simple! Special thanks goes out to Kitchen Deluxe for sponsoring this post so we could share one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes with you. 😉 (originally published 8/17)
- If you don’t have a handy dandy vegetable steamer we will show you where to get this one that makes it easy peasy to make this and other vegetables in your Instant Pot, and has a nifty and safe way to pull it out when it’s done too!
Start with bell peppers that have been cleaned out and the tops cut off.
- With my original stuffed green peppers recipe you have to take an extra step to blanche them but in your pressure cooker this step is eliminated!
They will be your “bowls” if you will.
- This is the Instant Pot steamer basket or vegetable steamer I was talking about!
For these easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers it fits 4 perfectly which is enough to feed our family. The recipe I will share with you is enough filling for 8, so two batches, of stuffed bell peppers.
- You can use any color you like, I just buy a variety to make it more “fun” for the kids, or whichever look best at the store.
You want it to sit flat and some are long and skinny without any real “legs” on the bottom so it will topple over…..no good.
Pick 4-8 of your favorite peppers at the store, cut off the tops, take out the seeds, and you’re ready to make the mix you’ll stuff them with.
This is what you will need to make these easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Kitchen Deluxe Vegetable Steamer + use code TYPICALM for 15% off (safety handle included)
- Bell peppers
- Rice – sometimes I use minute rice or make Instant Pot white rice as the first step
- Ground beef (or turkey, or omit if you want vegetarian stuffed peppers)
- Spaghetti sauce – I like this type
- Onions (optional but adds flavor)
- Mozzarella cheese (optional but seriously it’s an amazing addition)
- Pinch of salt and pepper – to taste
Here they are cut and cleaned out inside my Instant Pot vegetable steamer.
This is what I meant by the trick to lifting your steamer basket out safely and easily….this hook!
- This hook/rod comes inside the box with your vegetable steamer, and makes it SO much easier to lift, place on a plate, and serve…without needing an oven mitt. I am ALL about easy!
Have you ever had stuffed peppers before??
Even if you aren’t a huge fan of peppers they serve as a great “bowl” for cooking your mixture, and soften perfectly in just 10 minutes on high pressure.
Not so soft that they fall apart, but just soft enough to cut them open with the side of our fork. I’m not a huge bell pepper fan but this is the only way I will eat them!
Even my kids are fans of this dish which is a huge win.
Full of cheesy rice, meat, and tomato sauce with a tender bell pepper “bowl” you can eat during or after you’ve finished the filling, it is an entire meal wrapped up into one.
- My kids love these because everyone gets their own and because the peppers are steamed well inside your pressure cooker they lose their bitterness and are so soft you can cut them with the side of a fork.
Try them and let us know what you think!
Here’s a video showing you how we make Instant Pot stuffed peppers
Easy Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
- 8 bell peppers (if making 4 just half the ingredients below for the filling)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 c uncooked minute rice
- 2 c water to cook your minute rice
- 1 1/2 c spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 c onion diced
- 1 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Add a bit of olive oil. Turn your Instant Pot to saute, normal, and add your ground beef and onions.
- Make your minute rice on the stove. Cook until meat is cooked and onions soften.
- Pour in your spaghetti sauce and rice, stir.
- Turn Instant Pot off and remove pot. Empty contents into separate bowl and wash your pot.
- Return pot into your Instant Pot and pour in 1 1/2 c. water.
- Open your Kitchen deluxe vegetable steamer basket and lower it into your Instant Pot.
- Cut tops off your bell peppers and remove seeds inside.
- Place 4 bell peppers into your steamer basket so they fit snuggly.
- Put a bit of mozzarella cheese into the inside, bottom, of each bell pepper.
- Spoon rice and ground beef mixture into peppers until each one is filled almost to the top.
- Put another bit of mozzarella cheese on the very top of each pepper on top of the rice mixture.
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high, for 10 minutes.
- When done move the steam valve just slightly so the steam comes out slowly.
- Use central ring hook to lift vegetable steamer out of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉