This sticky Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting and easy to make with ready made cinnamon rolls! If it’s hot and you’re not about to turn on your oven this is the new way to bake!
I know y’all have had monkey bread but have you made it in your pressure cooker??? It is so easy and this Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting you’ll want to make it for breakfast or brunch!! It is easy to throw together, pour in your bundt pan (you’ll need a special one, link below). And it comes out as sticky and gooey as you see here! It’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 8/17, affiliate links present)
I top it with the frosting packet that comes with the cinnamon rolls. That way I don’t have to buy a tub.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Instant Pot monkey bread
- Instant Pot – this is the one I have
- 6-cup bundt pan
- Caramel bits
- Cinnamon rolls – not Grands, regular size
- biscuits can be used but these are better
- Nuts – optional but yummy
- White sugar and cinnamon – cinnamon is optional if you’re using cinnamon rolls
- Brown sugar
- Small bowl
- Aluminum foil – to make a sling
- Non stick cooking spray
You’ll need the small trivet that comes with your Instant Pot.
- Once your Instant Pot monkey bread is done, flip it right over and enjoy on a plate. It may just fall apart though and that’s okay.
The cinnamon rolls come with icing packets so I just use those. Warming them in the microwave for about 5 seconds so it pours over the top well.
YES!! It comes out this sticky when you flip it over!! Loaded with cinnamon, sticky caramel pieces, and the walnuts are a great addition for taste and texture. But of course those are optional.
You’ve got to give this sticky Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread a try!
Here are the steps you’ll take to make this:
- Cut each cinnamon roll or biscuit into 6-8 equal sized pcs
- Put sugar mixture (can add cinnamon) into large baggie
- Add pcs. and shake so they get nice and coated
- Add to 6 cup bundt pan
- Add water and trivet into pot
- Lower pan
- Set to high pressure cooking
- I like to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, but can quick release
- Carefully remove the bundt pan
- Melt the butter and brown sugar
- Once monkey bread is cooled and flipped over pour this and icing packets on top
Note: I added diced apples to this one below. 1/4 c works well but will leave bundt a bit stickier.
Whether you make it for dessert, breakfast, or for brunch when other people come over it is just delicious! You’ll never buy a store bought monkey bread after tasting this one I promise. 🙂
Looking for more easy Instant Pot dessert recipes, here are a few:
- Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake
- The best Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake
- We love this Instant Pot coffee cake
With a quick cook time compared to an easy monkey bread recipe baked in the oven. It’s a great option if you’re short on time or space. In about 20 minutes it’s done and ready to enjoy.
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- 2 cans Cinnamon Rolls regular, not grands, can use biscuits
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c walnuts optional, chopped
- 1/4 c caramel bits optional
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 icing packet included in cinnamon roll can
- 1.5 c water
- Cut your cinnamon rolls into 8 pcs. per roll or so. Put into a bowl.
- Add your white sugar into a large baggie with your cut rolls and gently toss so they are coated.
- Spray the inside of your 6 c. bundt pan with non stick spray. Put coated cinnamon roll pieces into pan.
- Pour your water into the inside of your pressure cooker and lower down a trivet. Then lower filled bundt pan on to your trivet, using a foil sling is helpful or a trivet with handles.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high, for 20 minutes. (if putting in the oven set to the time and temperature on the cinnamon roll package. Check and add a few minutes if you need to until slightly golden brown on top).
- Do a natural release for 5 minutes. Then release rest of steam.
- Carefully lift out, and allow to cool almost completely on a cooling rack before flipping over if you want it to stay in tact. If you want it warm flip over immediately, it just may not stay in tact as a pretty looking bundt (but really who cares).
- Melt butter and add brown sugar, whisk together. Pour on top once flipped over.Can pour icing that came in cinnamon roll tube on top of that too and enjoy.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉