This sticky caramel apple Instant Pot monkey bread is so addicting and easy to make with ready made cinnamon rolls or defrosted frozen bread dough! If it’s hot and you’re not about to turn on your oven this is the new way to bake!
This Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting. You’ll want to make it for breakfast or brunch!! It is easy to throw together, pour in your bundt pan, and it comes out perfect. One of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (affiliate links present)
Pressure Cooker Monkey Bread
I know y’all have made a version of our easy monkey bread before but have you made it in your pressure cooker??? It is so easy. I’ll top it with the frosting packet that comes with the cinnamon rolls. That way I don’t have to buy a tub. It’s to die for I tell you.
You don’t have to have the popular IP brand though either. I have tried this in a Crockpot Express as well as the Ninja Foodi and those work great too. With the latter you have another option as well, air fryer monkey bread can be made too in that one.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Monkey Bread with Cinnamon Rolls
You really do need a pan to make this, I like using a mini bundt because it comes out pretty and cooks evenly with it. I use it all the time making other cakes and things too so it won’t be used just once friends.
- Instant Pot – this is the one I have you can see it above, a 6 quart
- 6-cup bundt pan
- Caramel bits
- Cinnamon rolls or biscuits – not Grands, regular size
You can use defrosted Rhodes cinnamon rolls, or Pillsbury refrigerated. Biscuits can be used but these are better.
Instant Pot Pull Apart Bread
Nuts are optional but yummy. Chop them and put them on the bottom of your pan so they come out on top when flipped over. I have done this when baking my pumpkin monkey bread during the Fall months. I just basically include a handful of nuts and a few tbsp of puree into the hot butter mix. 😉
- White sugar and cinnamon – cinnamon is optional if you’re using cinnamon rolls
- Brown sugar
- Small bowl
- Aluminum foil – to make a sling
Use Non stick cooking spray so it comes out easily when done.
Instant Monkey Bread
You’ll need the small trivet that comes with your Instant Pot too. That will keep the pan out of the water so you can get the full effect of it essentially being steamed under high pressure so it can “bake” well.
- Once your Instant Pot monkey bread is done, flip it right over and enjoy on a plate. It may just fall apart though and that’s okay.
The cinnamon rolls come with icing packets so I just use those. Warming them in the microwave for about 5 seconds so it pours over the top well. YES!! It comes out this sticky when you flip it over!!
Loaded with cinnamon, sticky caramel pieces, and the walnuts are a great addition for taste and texture. But of course those are optional.
Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread
Even if you don’t add a bit of caramel bits into the mix the brown sugar and butter mixed together will give it that flavor in the sauce no matter what. Here are the steps you’ll take to make this:
- Cut each cinnamon roll or biscuit into 4 equal sized pcs
- Put sugar mixture (can add cinnamon) into large baggie
- Add pcs. and shake so they get nice and coated
- Melt butter and brown sugar
- Add 1/2 biscuits to 6 cup bundt pan, pour 1/2 butter mixture on top
- Lay remaining biscuits on top, then remaining butter mixture
Add water and trivet into your pot on the bottom. I like the one with handles so it comes out easily when timer is done.
Monkey Bread in Instant Pot with Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls
- Loosely cover pan with foil
- Lower pan on top
- Set to high pressure cooking
- I like to do a slow natural pressure release for 10 minutes vs quick release so it can solidify a bit longer
- Carefully remove the bundt pan
Once monkey bread is cooled and flipped over pour this and icing packets on top Note: I added diced apples to this one below. 1/4 c works well but will leave bundt a bit stickier.
Whether you make it for dessert, breakfast, or for brunch when other people come over it is just delicious! You’ll never buy a store bought monkey bread after tasting this one I promise. 🙂 Looking for more easy Instant Pot dessert recipes, here are a few:
- Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake is to die for
- The best lemon poppy seed cake is here to try
- We love this Instant Pot coffee cake too
With a quick cook time compared to our apple pie monkey bread baked in the oven, it’s a great option if you’re short on time or space. In about 20 minutes it’s done and ready to enjoy.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Cut your cinnamon rolls or biscuits into 4 pcs. per roll or so. Put into a bowl.
- Add your white sugar and cinnamon into a large baggie, mix together, add your cut rolls and gently toss so they are coated.
- Spray the inside of your 6 c. bundt pan with non stick spray. Put 1/2 of coated cinnamon roll / biscuits pieces into pan. Pour 1/2 brown sugar/butter over that. Then layer remaining rolls with butter mixture on very top. Sprinkle in nuts here and there if you want to add those.
- Pour 1.5 c. water into the inside of your pressure cooker and lower down a trivet. Then lower filled bundt pan loosely covered with a piece of foil on to your trivet.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high, for 20 minutes.
- Do a natural release for 10 minutes. Then release rest of steam.
- Carefully lift out, and allow to cool almost completely on a cooling rack before flipping over if you want it to stay in tact. If you want it warm flip over immediately, it just may not stay in tact as a pretty looking bundt (but really who cares).
- Can pour icing that came in cinnamon roll tube on top of that too and enjoy.