This sticky Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting and easy to make with ready made cinnamon rolls! Just 22 minutes in your pressure cooker makes this sweet caramel apple pull apart bread your whole family will love! If it’s hot and you’re not about to turn on your oven this is the new way to bake!
I know y’all have had monkey bread but have you made it in your pressure cooker??? It is so easy and this Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting you’ll want to make it for breakfast or brunch over and over again!! It is easy to throw together, pour in your bundt pan (you’ll need a special one, link below). and it comes out as sticky and gooey as you see here! It’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 8/17)
I top it with the frosting packet that comes with the cinnamon rolls you use so there’s nothing else you need to buy. I have a 6 quart Instant Pot and bought this bundt pan that has come in really handy to make other desserts too like our caramel apple pecan Instant Pot coffee cake and more!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Instant Pot monkey bread
- Instant Pot – this is the one I have
- 6 cup bundt pan
- Caramel bits
- Grands cinnamon rolls
- Diced apple
- Nuts – optional but yummy
- Brown sugar
You just use the small trivet that comes with your Instant Pot, or if you’re like me and you’ve lost it, just use a small glass bowl to elevate your bundt pan above the water and you’re good to go. 😉 This is what it looks like when you take your Instant Pot caramel apple bundt cake out. You can flip it right over and enjoy on a plate but it may not stay together and look pretty that way.
I allow mine to cool until it is gently warm and then flip it over and it comes out pretty and staying together in a traditional bundt cake form. There is an icing packet included in the roll of cinnamon rolls so I just use that, warming it in the microwave for about 5 seconds so it pours over the top well.
YES!! It comes out this sticky when you flip it over!! Loaded with cinnamon, sticky caramel pieces, warm apples, and the walnuts are a great addition for taste and texture…but of course those are optional.
You’ve got to give this sticky Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread a try! Here’s the recipe and video tutorial.
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- 1 can Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/3 c sugar
- 3/4 c apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 c walnuts optional, chopped
- 1/2 c caramel bits
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 icing packet included in cinnamon roll can
- Cut your cinnamon rolls into 8 pcs. per roll or so. Put into a bowl.
- Pour sugar on top and gently toss so they are coated.
- Pour in caramel bits, diced apples and nuts if desired. Gently toss until combined.
- Melt butter and add brown sugar, whisk together.
- Spray the inside of your 6 c. bundt pan with non stick spray.
- Pour in cinnamon roll mixture.
- Pour butter mixture on top evenly.
- Cover bundt pan with a piece of paper towel to cover, then a piece of foil wrapped around tightly.
- Put a trivet at the bottom of your Instant Pot and pour 2 c. of water around it.
- Make a sling out of foil, put bundt pan on top and lower into Instant Pot or pressure cooker so it rests on top of your trivet.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high, for 22 minutes. (if putting in the oven set to the time and temperature on the cinnamon roll package. Check and add a few minutes if you need to until slightly golden brown on top).
- Do a natural release
- Carefully lift out, remove foil, and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before flipping over if you want it to stay in tact. If you want it warm flip over immediately, it just may not stay in tact as a pretty looking bundt (but really who cares).
- Pour icing that came in cinnamon roll tube on top of your monkey bread and enjoy!
Whether you make it for dessert, breakfast, or for brunch when other people come over it is just delicious! You’ll never buy a store bought monkey bread after tasting this one I promise. 🙂
Looking for more easy Instant Pot bundt cakes, here are a few:
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉