This sticky Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting and easy to make with ready made cinnamon rolls! If it’s hot and you’re not about to turn on your oven this is the new way to bake!
This Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread is so addicting. You’ll want to make it for breakfast or brunch!! It is easy to throw together, pour in your bundt pan, and it comes out perfect. One of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 8/17, affiliate links present)
I know y’all have had monkey bread but have you made it in your pressure cooker??? It is so easy.
I top it with the frosting packet that comes with the cinnamon rolls. That way I don’t have to buy a tub.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot monkey bread
- Instant Pot – this is the one I have
- 6-cup bundt pan
- Caramel bits
- Cinnamon rolls or biscuits – not Grands, regular size
You can use defrosted Rhodes cinnamon rolls, or Pillsbury refrigerated. Biscuits can be used but these are better.
Nuts are optional but yummy. Chop them and put them on the bottom of your pan so they come out on top when flipped over.
- White sugar and cinnamon – cinnamon is optional if you’re using cinnamon rolls
- Brown sugar
- Small bowl
- Aluminum foil – to make a sling
Use Non stick cooking spray so it comes out easily when done.
You’ll need the small trivet that comes with your Instant Pot.
- Once your Instant Pot monkey bread is done, flip it right over and enjoy on a plate. It may just fall apart though and that’s okay.
The cinnamon rolls come with icing packets so I just use those. Warming them in the microwave for about 5 seconds so it pours over the top well.
YES!! It comes out this sticky when you flip it over!!
Loaded with cinnamon, sticky caramel pieces, and the walnuts are a great addition for taste and texture. But of course those are optional.
Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread
Here are the steps you’ll take to make this:
- Cut each cinnamon roll or biscuit into 4 equal sized pcs
- Put sugar mixture (can add cinnamon) into large baggie
- Add pcs. and shake so they get nice and coated
- Melt butter and brown sugar
- Add 1/2 biscuits to 6 cup bundt pan, pour 1/2 butter mixture on top
- Lay remaining biscuits on top, then remaining butter mixture
Add water and trivet into your pot on the bottom. I like the one with handles so it comes out easily when timer is done.
- Loosely cover pan with foil
- Lower pan on top
- Set to high pressure cooking
- I like to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes
- Carefully remove the bundt pan
Once monkey bread is cooled and flipped over pour this and icing packets on top
Note: I added diced apples to this one below. 1/4 c works well but will leave bundt a bit stickier.
Whether you make it for dessert, breakfast, or for brunch when other people come over it is just delicious!
You’ll never buy a store bought monkey bread after tasting this one I promise. 🙂
Looking for more easy Instant Pot dessert recipes, here are a few:
- Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake is to die for
- The best Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake is here to try
- We love this Instant Pot coffee cake too
With a quick cook time compared to an easy monkey bread recipe baked in the oven. It’s a great option if you’re short on time or space. In about 20 minutes it’s done and ready to enjoy.
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- Cut your cinnamon rolls or biscuits into 4 pcs. per roll or so. Put into a bowl.
- Add your white sugar and cinnamon into a large baggie, mix together, add your cut rolls and gently toss so they are coated.
- Spray the inside of your 6 c. bundt pan with non stick spray. Put 1/2 of coated cinnamon roll / biscuits pieces into pan. Pour 1/2 brown sugar/butter over that. Then layer remaining rolls with butter mixture on very top. Sprinkle in nuts here and there if you want to add those.
- Pour 1.5 c. water into the inside of your pressure cooker and lower down a trivet. Then lower filled bundt pan loosely covered with a piece of foil on to your trivet.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to manual, pressure, high, for 20 minutes.
- Do a natural release for 10 minutes. Then release rest of steam.
- Carefully lift out, and allow to cool almost completely on a cooling rack before flipping over if you want it to stay in tact. If you want it warm flip over immediately, it just may not stay in tact as a pretty looking bundt (but really who cares).
- Can pour icing that came in cinnamon roll tube on top of that too and enjoy.