Easy monkey bread recipe using refrigerated biscuits is easier than you think! Add apples, berries and a drizzle of frosting for the ultimate breakfast.
For years we bought a frozen monkey bread from the grocery store. I never realized an easy monkey bread recipe is much simpler than I thought. Now we make at home all the time! Let us show you simple this breakfast is and how you can add other goodies to the top to change it up. You only need a few ingredients too, which is my kinda’ recipe. My family just loves monkey bread. (originally published 2/16, affiliate links present)
- Doesn’t this look fantastic??!
It’s so pretty too. A perfect for Easter brunch or Christmas morning! Here is what you will need to make this basic easy monkey bread recipe. You can add lots of toppings beyond the initial loaf.
Ingredients to make monkey bread with biscuits
- Bundt pan
- a loaf pan doesn’t do the job, you need a bundt to cook evenly
- use this non stick spray too
- 3 cans of biscuit dough
- you could use cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls too
- we used buttermilk biscuit style
- Butter and brown sugar
- Sugar and cinnamon
- Small bowl
Items possibly used as toppings:
- Melted cream cheese frosting
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Caramel sauce
Now we’re ready to cut our refrigerated biscuit pieces into quarters. So 4 pieces per biscuit.
- Get your melted butter and brown sugar ready now too. Either use the stovetop or microwave for this. This will make the overall preparation process very quick and easy.
- In another bowl combine your cinnamon and sugar.
- Now you’re ready to cover each piece and place into the bottom of the bundt pan. Spread out evenly.
You can coat all your pieces well by either dipping each one, or I use a large storage bag. Just dump your cut pieces in with your sugar mixture and shake.
Once all your biscuit coated pieces are in your bundt pan you’ll pour your brown sugar melted butter mixture over the top.
Make sure your oven is preheated to 325 before placing your pan inside.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until it is golden brown on top. Times will vary slightly depending on your altitude and oven in general.
Allow this to sit and cool for at least 5 minutes before attempting to put a large plate on top and flipping it over. You want your monkey bread to stay in tact and this is a good way to do that. The time also allows it to pull away from the sides of the pan too so it will slide out nicely. Ensuring your pan is sprayed generously with non stick spray is key too.
- Pour melted frosting on top once it’s flipped over and sliced berries are nice too.
You can print recipe below, and nutrition information is listed too. (just enjoy it though, ignore those)
If you love this easy monkey bread recipe we have a several other monkey bread recipes you’ve got to try next!
Other breakfast brunch menu ideas
- Our caramel pumpkin monkey bread is just amazing
- Apple pie bread pudding is great
- Like I said you can add other items like we did with this fresh apple monkey bread
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuits cut into fourths
- 1 c sugar white
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease your bundt pan.
- Cut all the biscuits into quarters. In a bowl combine your white sugar and cinnamon, mix.
- Dip each biscuit piece into the cinnamon mixture and into your pan. Do this until no pieces remain.
- Melt your butter and brown sugar over the stovetop or in the microwave so sugar dissolves.
- Pour this brown sugar mixture over your uncooked biscuits.
- Put pan into the oven for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Put a plate on top of bundt pan and gently flip over. Then add toppings to top if desired like melted frosting and berries.
Here is the rundown and the step by step process + what color it should be when you take it out. You want it to remain moist so don’t overcook it, though you want to make sure the middle is done too. When it is browned on the sides it is done. Here is a step by step to look at, it is really really easy to make…just like others on my site.
Once you flip it over using a plate (make sure it is greased well before putting it in the oven so it slides right out) just drizzle whichever glazes you’d like. Melted raspberry jam puree is great.
If you want a really easy glaze just either melt some vanilla frosting in the microwave. fOr mix powdered sugar and a bit of water until it is the thickness you want. Then enjoy!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!