This easy Instant Pot taco soup recipe is perfect year round and packed with flavor. Just 6 minutes in your pressure cooker topped with sour cream and a side of chips or a roll and it’s the perfect family meal! Need a warm soup during the Winter or just love anything tacos, give this a whirl.
Yes I use my pressure cooker often, almost every day! This easy Instant Pot taco soup recipe is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes, and definitely on the top of the list as far as my kids are concerned. (affiliate links present, originally published 4/17)
It is so easy to throw together which is one reason I love it, and it is packed with tons of flavor.
It’s one of those comfort food recipes that you can make quickly and keep all the ingredients on hand in your pantry for when you only have less than 30 minutes to cook an entire meal and eat it!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot taco soup recipe
There are a bunch of ingredients. Some you can omit if you don’t care for it or would rather go meatless.
This can be made as a vegetarian taco soup too! We don’t add any heat to our version but can easily be done. Use some scoop tortilla chips as a side and the kids will really love it.
- Add a bit of chili powder if you want to heat it up to your liking. But without it’s just as good.
It’s like a deconstructed taco with some tasty broth and perfect year round.
If you are a busy family like us and don’t have an Instant Pot I highly recommend it. It’s made our lives so much easier and made it possible for us to sit down as a family to eat together more often.
Everything gets done so extremely fast!
I use the pressure cooker and saute functions the most, like for this soup. I have created a lot of easy Instant Pot recipes you can try as well as this one. Don’t be intimidated, it’s really easy to use!
If you’re looking for more easy recipes like this check out my Instant Pot eBook. 😉
Instant Pot taco soup
- Ground beef and onions
I literally add onions to just about everything I make in this pot or my Ninja Foodi.
- Kidney beans
- Pinto beans
- or black beans rinsed and drained
- Stewed tomatoes
- Diced tomatoes
- Taco & Ranch seasoning
- I mean really any seasons can be added that your family loves, onion powder is good too
- Tomato sauce
Diced green chiles are optional but I like a can of mild for extra flavor.
Looking for more easy Instant Pot soup recipes?
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Our Instant Pot taco casserole adds noodles and a creamy sauce together
- Creamy Instant Pot potato corn chowder is a great meal
- Healthy Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is perfect when you’re feeling under the weather
Lots of pressure cooker chicken soup recipes are here too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Taco Soup
Put your Instant Pot on saute and start to brown your ground beef.
Add your olive oil, onions, taco seasoning, powdered ranch dressing mix, to your ground beef.
Continue to brown until no pink remains and onions have become a bit softened.
- Add ingredients
Drain both cans of beans and add into your IP with all other ingredients except the sour cream. Stir together.
Put lid on IP and cook on high pressure cook, for 6 minutes cook time (can do longer if you want beans to be really soft – up to 10 min).
Close steam valve. When done carefully do a slow or quick release release on steam valve and then carefully lift lid.
Keep in mind it may take up to 15 minutes to reach pressure when you’re planning your prep time.
Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 c onion diced
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 c canned or frozen corn
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced chiles 4 oz.
- 1 can sliced olives 2.25 oz.
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 c sour cream for a topping
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado (topping if desired)
- Put your Instant Pot on saute and start to brown your ground beef.
- Add your olive oil, onions, taco seasoning, powdered ranch dressing mix, to your ground beef.
- Continue to brown until no pink remains and onions have become a bit softened.
- Drain both cans of beans and add into your IP with all other ingredients except the sour cream.
- Stir together.
- Put lid on IP and set to manual, pressure, high, for 6 minutes (can do longer if you want beans to be really soft – up to 10 min).
- Close steam valve. When done carefully do a slow release on steam valve and then carefully lift lid.
- Stir and serve topped with sour cream, avocado, and a side of tortilla chips!