This easy Instant Pot taco soup recipe is perfect year round and packed with flavor. Just 6 minutes in your pressure cooker topped with sour cream and a side of chips or a roll and it’s the perfect family meal! Need a warm soup during the Winter or just love anything tacos, give this a whirl.
Yes I use my pressure cooker often, almost every day! This easy Instant Pot taco soup recipe is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes, and definitely on the top of the list as far as my kids are concerned. It is so easy to throw together which is one reason I love it, and it is packed with tons of flavor. Add a bit of chili powder if you want to heat it up to your liking, but without is just as good. It’s like a deconstructed taco with some tasty broth and perfect year round. It’s one of those comfort food recipes that you can make quickly and keep all the ingredients on hand in your pantry for when you only have less than 30 minutes to cook an entire meal and eat it! (affiliate links present, originally published 4/17)
Oh it is yummy…..
There are a bunch of ingredients, some you can omit if you don’t care for it or would rather go meatless it can be made as a vegetarian taco soup too! We don’t add any heat to our version but can easily be done. Use some scoop tortilla chips as a side and the kids will really love it.
If you are a busy family like us and don’t have an Instant Pot I highly recommend it, it’s made our lives so much easier and made it possible for us to sit down as a family to eat together more often because everything gets done so fast! I have the most inexpensive version and it does everything I need.
I use the pressure cooker and saute functions the most, like for this soup, and have created a lot of easy recipes you can try as well as this one. Don’t be intimidated, it’s really easy to use!
If you’re looking for more easy recipes like this check out my Instant Pot eBook. 😉
This is what you need to make this Easy Instant Pot taco soup recipe
- Ground beef
- Kidney beans
- Pinto beans
- Stewed tomatoes
- Diced tomatoes
- Taco & Ranch seasoning
- Tomato sauce
- Diced chiles
Looking for more easy Instant Pot soup recipes?
Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 c onion diced
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 c canned or frozen corn
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced chiles 4 oz.
- 1 can sliced olives 2.25 oz.
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 c sour cream for a topping
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado (topping if desired)
- Put your Instant Pot on saute and start to brown your ground beef.
- Add your olive oil, onions, taco seasoning, powdered ranch dressing mix, to your ground beef.
- Continue to brown until no pink remains and onions have become a bit softened.
- Drain both cans of beans and add into your IP with all other ingredients except the sour cream.
- Stir together.
- Put lid on IP and set to manual, pressure, high, for 6 minutes (can do longer if you want beans to be really soft - up to 10 min).
- Close steam valve. When done carefully do a slow release on steam valve and then carefully lift lid.
- Stir and serve topped with sour cream, avocado, and a side of tortilla chips!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉