Pressure cooker coconut rice pudding is the most delicious dessert you will ever make in your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, Crockpot Express or Mealthy! A creamy dairy free and gluten free pudding everyone will love.
If you’re looking for an AMAZING dessert everyone can enjoy this pressure cooker coconut rice pudding is it!! A great dairy free desserts I altered for my husband, I dare say it is better than the original version and on our list of Instant Pot recipes too. (originally published 6/19, affiliate links present)
Coconut Rice Pudding Recipe
If you have never thought of adding this tropical ingredient into this classic dessert, you should!! If you want to make it an easy Ninja Foodi recipe too it works in that pot too for sure.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
- We started with this Instant Pot rice pudding which was great and a hit on my site.
- It was so popular in fact that I started thinking outside the box when my daughter needed to try a gluten free diet.
- I tweaked a few ingredients and came up with this!!
I now opt for this one over the other if I have the ingredients in my cupboard.
Here’s a peek at the first one we made below though. Topped with cinnamon it is something you should try as well.
Pressure cooker coconut rice pudding
- I use jasmine rice usually
- brown rice hasn’t be used yet, would change timing
- Evaporated milk
- Coconut milk
- use almond milk for dairy free
- soy milk could be used as well
- almond milk coconut creamer
- or just use additional coconut milk
- White sugar
- Sweetened shredded coconut
You really don’t NEED the shredded coconut, that is just to amp up the flavor. I love it though. Totally up to you.
- We did continue to fool around with our original recipe though and also came up with this pressure cooker chocolate rice pudding you can try. It’s a great Instant Pot dessert recipe you can make really quickly.
Are you getting the idea that we love rice pudding yet??!!
Looking for more coconut recipes?
- Our coconut banana bread or coconut zucchini bread recipes are to die for.
- Chocolate coconut cake is a poke cake with all the goodness.
- Pressure cooker coconut chicken is dairy free and something new you should try.
If you’re really coconut obsessed you can even make coconut foot scrub! lol
Instant Pot coconut rice pudding
All models will work the same, just follow directions below and in recipe card.
Time needed: 14 minutes.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice Pudding
Set your pressure cooker to saute (brown/sear on Crock Pot Express) and add your butter until it melts, then add your rice and stir so it is all coated. Turn to off/cancel.
- Add ingredients
Add coconut milk, regular milk (or almond), 1/2 of your shredded coconut and sugar. Stir.
Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure cooking for 14 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Saute again
Open the lid and set aside. Set to saute and quickly whisk together your egg and evaporated milk. You want it to be ready when it begins to bubble so nothing burns.
Then add a bit of hot pudding from pot into the egg bowl to temper it.
Stir and once it thickens (will be quick) turn machine off and remove pot. Transfer contents to room temperature bowl so it doesn’t continue to cook. Eat or refrigerate and then enjoy
Want to make a batch of Crockpot rice pudding too? We have directions for that too.
Yes, it is a short cooking time under 20 minutes with NO need to watch it unlike the stovetop traditional method of the past.
- Pour half into your pot and stir just a bit.
- Add the rest of it with the rest of your coconut and stir gently.
- Finally turn your pot off and remove ALL of the pudding or else the bottom will overheat.
- Serve warm or put into smaller bowls and into the fridge to cool.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Pressure Cooker Coconut Rice Pudding
- Put pressure cooker on saute mode (brown/sear for Crockpot Express), add butter and allow to melt. Then turn pot off.
- Add rice and stir so it is coated. Add coconut milk, regular milk, 1/4 c coconut, water, and sugar. Stir. (if making dairy free use almond milk and coconut evaporated milk alternatives)
- Close pressure cooker lid and seal steam valve. Set to pressure high for 14 minutes.
- Do a quick release when done.
- Remove lid and press saute again.
- Whisk together your evaporated milk and egg in a small bowl. Add a bit of your warm ingredients from the pot into your egg mixture to temper it.
- As soon as the rice pudding is bubbling add half milk/egg mixture and stir gently to combine. Add remaining 1/4 c. coconut, followed by remaining milk/egg mixture. You need to do this quickly so it doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Allow to bubble. Stir gently. Turn pot off immediately and transfer to bowls so it doesn’t continue to cook and enjoy or refrigerate and then eat when cold.