This is the best coconut banana bread recipe I have ever made! With the addition of coconut and coconut milk, it is so yummy & easy to make too!
I don’t cook much from scratch, but this coconut banana bread recipe is an exception…..it just doesn’t get any better than homemade!! I always did the traditional banana bread recipe out of a cookbook I got when I was married until a few yrs. ago when I lost that page & went on a quest to make an even better one….and here it is!! (originally published 3/15)
There are really 2 keys to why this banana bread recipe is so flavorful and different from others you’ve seen…the coconut milk and added almond extract!
Banana Coconut Bread
If you prefer to leave the second out that’s your choice but it is a nice addition and the coconut milk makes it nice and moist with the added sweetness of coconut.
If you really like coconut you can add some flakes to the mixture too.
You can make this into a loaf but I really think muffins turn out better because they cook more evenly.
I have done a loaf of banana or banana coconut bread but with anything in a loaf pan the middle pieces get the least done and the outer pieces get the most done and I’d prefer to have all of it be as moist as possible.
Mini muffins using a mini muffin pan like this are great, and perfect for a brunch or breakfast for a few mornings.
Seriously, you have to try this bread. If you like banana bread and anything with coconut like we do it is a great combo and comes out really moist, here are the directions.
Coconut banana bread
Looking for more great banana bread recipes?
- Sour cream blueberry banana muffins
- Banana pineapple bread is great, or get your coconut on and try coconut zucchini bread too
- Sounds weird but banana bread with mayonnaise is killer
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Coconut Banana Bread
- Add all bananas, coconut milk, almond extract, vanilla, sugar, eggs, and oil into one bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients and mix well. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet slowly using a mixer on low speed to make smooth.
- Add non stick spray to either mini muffin pan or loaf pan and pour in mixture until it is half – 3/4 way full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hr and 15 min or so for a loaf, until middle is done, or 12 minutes or lightly browned for mini muffins.
You can find coconut milk at the grocery store, you just may not have noticed it before, and try to get your bananas as black as possible as the coconut banana bread comes out best that way….retains natural sweetness.
I would recommend the regular, not light, coconut milk as well as it makes it really flavorful and moist. Here’s a quick rundown on how easy this coconut banana bread recipe is to make.
* I’ve made it with regular milk (in our case organic 1% and with coconut milk, I would say the coconut milk version comes out a bit moister and a bit sweeter so I’d recommend that).