The most amazing coconut banana pineapple bread recipe ever! Super moist muffins and loaf that’s perfect for brunch or breakfast.
I’m a sucker for homemade banana bread, but I like it super moist! Years ago I started making coconut banana bread using coconut milk which gave it a great taste a texture. I’ve also added pineapple to my zucchini bread and it was wonderful. This time when my bananas were turning a bit brown I thought I’d combine the two ideas and made the best coconut banana pineapple bread ever, it would be a great addition to our upcoming Mother’s Day brunch! The pineapple not only gives it a great flavor and added texture but made it super moist as well. Perfect breakfast muffins! (originally published 4/17)
This recipe made 12 muffins and 1 small loaf which was just enough for a snack that day and breakfast the next day for the 5 of us.
I will say that I do not make a lot of things entirely from scratch, unless they are easy. But when it comes to wasting I don’t like that either, so the necessity of finding the best banana bread recipe came when I found a whopper of a deal on bananas years ago and we didn’t finish them.
I threw all the really dark bananas in the freezer and would take 3 out at a time when I wanted to bake. I used to use the good ol’ recipe out of the red cookbook that everyone has, but then I lost that page! After many batches of so so banana bread I found that adding a bit of fruit and/or coconut which we all love made it so much better.
I’d say this is now my favorite tropical style moist banana bread recipe.
Banana Pineapple Bread
- Ripe bananas
- Crushed pineapple
- Baking powder and soda
- Walnuts optional
The key is to not over bake this bread to keep it as moist as possible. I take them out when they are barely brown on the top, just until they spring back when I touch it in the middle. Then put the loaf or muffins on a cooling rack so they do not continue to cook in the hot pan. If you’re looking for a great addition to your brunch or a recipe to make for breakfast on the weekends this is a great one.
Here’s how we make it:
Banana Pineapple Bread
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c coconut sweetened, shredded
- 1/2 c crushed pineapple w/juice
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c diced walnuts optional
- Mash your bananas (3 over ripe is best, 2 works if that is all you have).
- Mix dry ingredients (except coconut) in 1 bowl, and mix on low the wet ingredients in another using a mixer.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet using your mixer on low to combine well.
- Fold in coconut and nuts if you are adding those.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and put in oven at 350 degrees for 14 minutes (make 12) or just until they spring back when touched, you do NOT want to over bake them so they stay moist.
- Fill remaining batter left into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray and keep in oven for a total of about 28 minutes or until it is light brown and springs back when touched lightly. Enjoy!
If you love the best coconut banana pineapple bread recipe here you should try our:
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉