Starbucks gingerbread loaf recipe that tastes just like the one you buy! Great dessert to bring to parties or treat yourself during the holidays.
Ok I am obsessed with Starbucks gingerbread loaf and had to find a way to make it at home!! When the red cups arrive at Starbucks the gingerbread loaf usually comes out too and it is my favorite holiday treat! Here’s an easy copycat Starbucks gingerbread loaf recipe so you can make it at home too. (originally published 12/15)
Honestly, I had most of the ingredients at home. One thing I especially love about this gingerbread loaf recipe is I substituted applesauce for oil and in some recipes it doesn’t work too well but in this one it makes it even moister than others I’ve made.
This is great to serve at holidays or give as gifts. I made mini loaves as well as cupcakes.
You will want two bowls, one for sugar and butter and the other for dry ingredients. I used a hand mixer to cream the sugar and butter together and not have it lumpy.
Then you will add the baking soda in with the applesauce and then add that to your butter mixture, from there you add your dry ingredients.
I based this off this recipe but used an already made frosting and added orange zest to make this gingerbread loaf recipe, enjoy!
Starbucks gingerbread loaf
- Loaf pan
- Baking soda
- Orange and zest
- Frosting – I used canned frosting and put into a ziploc bag to squeeze on top
How to make Starbucks gingerbread loaf cupcakes
- Follow the recipe below
- Use muffin liners – here are Christmas muffin cups
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until middle springs back when touched lightly
They come out so moist and have a great spice cake or gingerbread flavor that is not overpowering, they really do taste very much like Starbucks gingerbread loaf!!
I don’t go thru the trouble of making my own frosting because quite frankly I think cream cheese frosting off the shelf tastes just like the frosting Starbucks uses so I just buy that, put it in the fridge before I want to use it, spoon it into a ziploc bag, cut it at the corner and squeeze it on to look pretty.
Add a few sprinkles and gingerbread cookies and you’re ready to go
Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf
- Add flour, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in 1 bowl.
- Add butter and white sugar in another with orange extract.
- In a small bowl add applesauce and baking soda in bowl, mix, and add to sugar mixture.
- Use mixer to make sugar mixture smooth. Mix dry mixture well and add slowly to butter mixture.
- Use mixer to make smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes in a loaf pan or until toothpick in middle comes out clean, muffins take about 22 minutes or until middle is done.
For more tips sign up for my free newsletter and follow me on Pinterest.