This easy homemade pressure cooker applesauce recipe is flavorful and a great healthy snack for kids as well as adults. Sprinkled with cinnamon with some oats inside for texture and fiber it’s a great way to use fresh apples and turn it into a healthy dessert everyone will love.
Owning an Instant Pot is a learning process, even when I’ve used it for over a year. When I attempted to make Instant Pot apple crisp the first time I cooked it too long and though it wasn’t what I wanted it made the most amazing homemade pressure cooker applesauce which I am now sharing with you here! It’s not just great for babies but my girls who are 9-17 years old just love applesauce and this one turned out great. It’s one of their favorite snacks on our Instant Pot recipes post.
I even added some oats in it and very little sugar but it came out sweet and the oats gave it a nice texture as well. Of course if you’re making this for a baby you may want to omit those if you need it nice and smooth. 😉
Now you can choose whichever type of apples you like and each variety definitely brings a different taste to this Instant Pot applesauce. Green apples are going to be a bit tart, fuji are great if you want it as naturally sweet as possible.
If you want just the natural sweetness you can omit the brown sugar entirely and it will still have a sweetness to it, but just the little bit I added was great for our tastebuds.
If you’re looking for a homemade treat/snack that is ready in no time at all this is a great choice.
This is what you need to make easy pressure cooker applesauce
- 7 apples – any variety, peeled, cored, and sliced (the thicker you slice them the chunkier it will be)
- Brown sugar
- Rolled oats – I didn’t use instant oats
- Maple syrup – I used organic, real syrup
- Apple cider – you could use apple juice but this brings more flavor
After you enjoy this, try our Instant Pot cranberry applesauce too!
Pressure Cooker Applesauce
- 7 apples green works best
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c rolled oats (if feeding very young babies leave out as it makes it chunkier)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup real syrup is best
- 1/4 c apple cider
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Remove skins from apples, or leave just a bit on if you want a little texture., slice pcs. 1/4" thick.
- Put sliced apples in pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- Pour apple cider and maple syrup on top.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and oats on top of that, sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Pour melted butter on top of everything.
- Put lid on and close steam valve.
- Set to manual, pressure, high, for 8 minutes (times vary a bit depending on type of apple, and thickness you have cut your apple slices). Picture shows 8 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Apples should be so soft that they don't even have to be blended, just stir and you have perfect homemade applesauce.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉