The most incredible slow cooker apple butter ever! So easy to make and super delicious on toast and even pork chops. You’ve got to try this recipe.
Do you know how to make apple butter? If you’ve had it before you know it is amazing on toast, biscuits, and even on pork chops! It’s actually quite easy to make and really easy with this slow cooker apple butter recipe here. Here’s the best apple butter recipe I’ve come across yet, special thanks goes out to Nature’s Path Foods for sponsoring this post so we could share one of our favorite crockpot recipes with you. (originally published 6/17)
Crockpot Apple Butter
Better yet you can make it yourself so you know exactly what’s inside. Then store it for up to two weeks in the fridge. Then you can enjoy it for quite some time (if it lasts that long).
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Super yummy right??!!
Anything having to do with apples gets 6 thumbs up from my girls. I love just how easy this is to make.
There are directions in the Nature’s Path ebook on how to cook this easy apple butter recipe on the stovetop.
However if you love cooking in your crockpot like I do you will alter the times, not the ingredients and cook as follows.
Slow cooker apple butter
- Apple cider
- Maple syrup – real is best
- Anise star
Seriously….I will never buy apple butter again. This recipe is amazing and I like knowing exactly what is in it. Served on a roll or toast it is a great breakfast. It’s also amazing on top of these pressure cooker pork chops.
Let me know what you think of this slow cooker apple butter after you make it.
Homemade apple butter
Time needed: 5 hours.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
Remove skins, core and dice your apples. Put into your slow cooker.
Then, add all your other ingredients listed in the recipe below. Put star anise, cinnamon sticks and cardamom on top.
Put top on and set to high heat. Cook for 4 hours stirring 1-2 times during this time. Remove large pieces of cinnamon, anise and cardamom.
Add softened apples into a blender. Blend until contents are smooth.
Pour contents back into the crock portion of your crockpot. Remove from outside basin of slow cooker and put just ceramic bowl with contents into your oven
Cook at 325 degrees for 1-1.5 hrs. stirring every 20 minutes
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Remove skins, core and dice your apples and put into your slow cooker
- Then, add all your other ingredients listed in the recipe. Put star anise, cinnamon sticks and cardamom on top.
- Put top on and set to high. Cook for 4 hours stirring 1-2 times during this time
- Remove large pieces of cinnamon, anise and cardamom.Add softened apples into a blenderBlend until contents are smooth
- Pour contents back into the crock portion of your crockpotRemove from outside basin of slow cooker and put just ceramic bowl with contents into your ovenCook at 325 degrees for 1-1.5 hrs. stirring every 20 minutes