The most incredible slow cooker apple butter ever! So easy to make and super delicious on toast and even pork chops. You’ve got to try this recipe.
Do you know how to make apple butter? If you’ve had it before you know it is amazing on toast, biscuits, and even on pork chops! It’s actually quite easy to make and really easy with this slow cooker apple butter recipe here. Here’s the best apple butter recipe I’ve come across yet, special thanks goes out to Nature’s Path Foods for sponsoring this post so we could share one of our favorite crockpot recipes with you. (originally published 6/17)
Our slow cooker apple butter is loaded with great flavors like cinnamon, anise, ginger and maple too!
Better yet you can make it yourself so you know exactly what’s inside. Then store it for up to two weeks in the fridge. Then you can enjoy it for quite some time (if it lasts that long).
Super yummy right??!!
Anything having to do with apples gets 6 thumbs up from my girls. I love just how easy this is to make.
There are directions in the Nature’s Path ebook on how to cook this easy apple butter recipe on the stovetop, however if you love cooking in your crockpot like I do you will alter the times, not the ingredients and cook as follows.
Here’s how easy this slow cooker apple butter is to make and what you’ll need:
- Apple cider
- Maple syrup – real is best
- Anise star
Seriously….I will never buy apple butter again. This recipe is amazing and I like knowing exactly what is in it. Served on a roll or toast it is a great breakfast. It’s also amazing on top of these pressure cooker pork chops.
Let me know what you think of this slow cooker apple butter after you make it.
Here’s the printable recipe so you can make homemade apple butter too.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Remove skins, core and dice your apples and put into your slow cooker
- Then, add all your other ingredients listed in the recipe. Put star anise, cinnamon sticks and cardamom on top.
- Put top on and set to high. Cook for 4 hours stirring 1-2 times during this time
- Remove large pieces of cinnamon, anise and cardamom.Add softened apples into a blenderBlend until contents are smooth
- Pour contents back into the crock portion of your crockpotRemove from outside basin of slow cooker and put just ceramic bowl with contents into your ovenCook at 325 degrees for 1-1.5 hrs. stirring every 20 minutes
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉