Best green superfood smoothie recipe that actually tastes great! With pineapple for sweetness and green vegetables for health you should try this one.
Are you looking for a green superfood smoothie recipe that actually tastes good??!! Yes, I have had some not so good ones, and THIS one actually IS yummy AND has great super food ingredients in it. Here is the best smoothie recipe if you’re looking for one with healthy greens in it. (originally published 2/16, affiliate links present)
- So of course you need to add fruit to pretty much any superfood smoothie recipe to make it sweet. Pineapple is what we used here.
It’s always best to use natural sugars in fruit as opposed to adding sugars if at all possible. Pineapple does a nice job of adding the right sweetness. Our watermelon juice is a great one too.
We have a Nutri Ninja which works really well. It has this special button your can push and it pulses on and off long enough to make it just the right consistency. A regular blender would work as well.
You can use fresh or frozen ingredients. Depending on what time of year it is, you could find fresh kale, spinach and pineapple but during the winter you might be better off using frozen. Either way works. Here is the green superfood smoothie recipe that tastes good!
Green superfood smoothie
Green Superfood Smoothie
- 1/3 c spinach fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 c pineapple chunks
- 1/3 avocado
- 1/2 c kale fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 1/2 c coconut water
- optional: small dash of ground cayenne pepper
- Add kale, spinach, pineapple, coconut water, and avocado to your blender. If you choose to add cayenne you can add at this time. Blend for a min. or two or until it is smooth. You are done! Add more pineapple if you want it a bit thicker and sweeter...just fool around with it but this is the general idea
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!