Here is a really easy Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe with just 2 ingredients! Both Instant Pot smokies for a delicious pressure cooker appetizer. I guarantee it will be a hit!
If you’re busy but still love to throw a good party with delicious appetizers this Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe is perfect! 😉 One of our favorite appetizer Instant Pot recipes on The Typical Mom blog. (affiliate links present, participant in the Amazon program)
Instant Pot Smokies
Let’s be honest here, I’ve even made them for a quick and fun dinner with a side of rolls.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Little Smokies
Use lil smokies or cocktail sausages. Served with some toothpicks these are the perfect little snack during Super Bowl or for a party.
If you use your pressure cooker a lot to make dinners and desserts you will be surprised at how easy other basic recipes are to make.
This is a one minute appetizer!
If you want to make Instant Pot hot dogs in their normal size that is easy to do as well. Great for birthday parties or large get togethers, cheap too!
Instant Pot cocktail wieners
- Cocktail wieners or Little Smokies
- Bbq sauce – we like this barbecue sauce, remember not to use super thick or honey style in an Instant Pot or it has a tendency to trigger the burn message – 18 or 20 oz is good
Grape Jelly Smokies Recipe
- 12 oz. Jar chili sauce
- 18 oz. grape jelly
- 3/4 c water
Just whisk these together and use instead of bottled sauce in recipe card below. Follow same directions for cook times.
Sriracha or hot sauce – if you want a kick and your sauce doesn’t already have spice to it
If you’re looking for other pressure cooker appetizers here are a few more ideas
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe is great and comes out super tender
- The best Instant Pot brats are here if you want something heartier
5 ingredient Instant Pot chili goes with rice or baked potatoes for dinner if you want to make a dinner bar for everyone.
Have a Ninja Foodi? Make these air fryer smokies as well!
Time needed: 1 minute.
Instant Pot Smokies
- Add ingredients
Pour barbecue sauce (stay away from honey version as it may trigger the burn message because of the sugar) on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
Pour 1/2 c water into your barbecue sauce bottle, put lid on and shake to get remaining sauce out. Pour this into your pressure cooker too.
Empty 1-2 packages of little smokies into your pot and stir to combine so they are all coated.
Close lid and steam valve and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 0 minutes, or low pressure for 1 minute!
Do a quick release and serve with a bowl of toothpicks next to it as an appetizer for game day.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you are making a very large batch of these you could warm, then pour into a slow cooker. Set to warm and people can enjoy these all day.
Instant Pot Cocktail Wiener Recipe
- Pour barbecue sauce (stay away from honey version as it may trigger the burn message because of the sugar) on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Pour 1/2 c water into your barbecue sauce bottle, put lid on and shake to get remaining sauce out. Pour this into your pressure cooker too.
- Empty 1-2 packages of cocktail weiners or little smokies into your pot and stir so they are all coated.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure, low for 1 minute!
- Quick release and serve with a bowl of toothpicks next to it as an appetizer.