Here is a really easy Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe with just 2 ingredients! Add Instant Pot smokies and bbq sauce for a delicious pressure cooker appetizer. I guarantee these cocktail weenies will be a hit!
If you’re busy but still love to throw a good party with delicious appetizers this Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe is perfect! 😉 One of our favorite appetizer Instant Pot recipes on The Typical Mom blog. (originally published 4/18, affiliate links present, participant in the Amazon program)
Instant Pot Smokies
Let’s be honest here, I’ve even made them for a quick and fun dinner with a side of rolls y’all. Those nights I am superwoman to my kids and my husband looks at me sideways but whatever. 😉 I bet you have made Instant Pot hot dogs for a meal before, those don’t take long. I guess this is a twist on the original.
You can make these in any pressure cooker you might have. Crockpot Express or made as a simple Ninja Foodi recipe works just the same. You can actually use any sort of sauce you like too. Barbecue is the most common but teriyaki or grape jelly and chili sauce is popular too.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Little Smokies
Use lil smokies or cocktail sausages. Served with some toothpicks these are the perfect little snack during Super Bowl or for a party.
If you use your pressure cooker a lot to make dinners and desserts you will be surprised at how easy other basic recipes are to make. This is a one minute appetizer!
If you wanted to do the same thing but with larger sizes you could slice a kielbasa sausage into bite size pieces, that is easy to do as well. Have tiny forks or long toothpicks on the side with little cups for guests to serve themselves = a favorite treat. Great for birthday parties or large get togethers, cheap too!
Instant Pot Cocktail Wieners
- Cocktail wieners or Little Smokies
- Bbq sauce – we like this barbecue sauce, remember not to use super thick or honey style in an Instant Pot or it has a tendency to trigger the burn message – 18 or 20 oz is good
Grape Jelly Smokies Recipe
- 12 oz. Jar chili sauce
- 18 oz. grape jelly
- 3/4 c water
Just whisk these together and use instead of bottled sauce in recipe card below. Follow same directions for cook times.
Sriracha or hot sauce – if you want a kick and your sauce doesn’t already have spice to it
If you’re looking for other pressure cooker appetizers here are a few more ideas
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe is great and comes out super tender
- The best Instant Pot brats are here if you want something heartier
5 ingredient Instant Pot chili goes with rice or baked potatoes for dinner if you want to make a dinner bar for everyone.
Have a Ninja Foodi? You can make these brown sugar smokies as well!
Ninja Foodi Little Smokies
Pour barbecue sauce (stay away from honey version as it may trigger the burn message because of the sugar) on the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add 1/2 c water into your barbecue sauce bottle, put lid on and shake to get remaining sauce out. Pour this into your pressure cooker too.
- Empty 1-2 packages of little smokies into your pot and stir to combine so they are all coated.
- Close lid and steam valve and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 0 minutes, or low pressure for 1 minute!
- Do a quick release and serve with a bowl of toothpicks next to it as an appetizer for game day.
If you are making a very large batch of these you could warm, then pour into a slow cooker. Set to warm and people can enjoy these all day.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Cocktail Wiener Recipe
- Pour barbecue sauce (stay away from honey version as it may trigger the burn message because of the sugar) on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Pour 1/2 c water into your barbecue sauce bottle, put lid on and shake to get remaining sauce out. Pour this into your pressure cooker too.
- Empty 1-2 packages of cocktail weiners or little smokies into your pot and stir so they are all coated.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure, low for 1 minute!
- Quick release and serve with a bowl of toothpicks next to it as an appetizer.