Air fryer bacon wrapped smokies are the best appetizer ever! Sweet and savory hot dogs wrapped in pork with a brown sugar glaze makes every bite amazing.
Air fryer bacon wrapped smokies are so addicting. A must easy air fryer recipe appetizer for a party or when you’re watching football. Bite size bbq hot dogs, just pop ’em in and enjoy. (originally published 8/20, affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Smokies
I mean if you haven’t had these you are missing out!! This air fryer bacon wrapped little smokies recipe is beyond amazing. I wish you could smell thru the screen, then you would know whata’ mean y’all!
We have been creating A LOT of air fryer appetizers lately because I just love this kitchen appliance. I can get everything as crispy as possible without any deep frying or oil needed.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Bacon Wrapped Smokies in Air Fryer
I bet you’ve already made air fryer bacon and air fryer hot dogs, but have you put them together yet??!! They’re a game changer I tell you. There won’t be any left if you make them for a crowd I promise.
- Package of smokies
- Barbecue sauce
- Brown sugar
Toothpicks may be necessary if you are serving this for the big game with guests over. I like the long ones with little forks at the bottom. Then they stay on a bit better. 😉 A family favorite I tell you!!
Air Fryer Bacon Smokies
If you’ve never seen these mini wieners before, they’re there right along with all the hot dogs at the store. The outside skins have a smoky flavor, that’s how they got their name I am sure.
How do I cook smokies?
Are little smokies already cooked?
Similar to larger hot dogs, they in fact are bite-sized, fully-cooked smoked sausages that only need to be reheated to enjoy. Therefore you’re just ensuring the pork is cooked on the outside.
The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and the desired level of crispiness. Generally, cooking bacon-wrapped smokies in the air fryer takes about 8 minutes. This depends on it’s thickness but should result in nicely cooked and crispy bacon.
That depends on the size of your machine and air fryer basket. You do not want them to overlap at all or the outside won’t get crispy so the larger the basket the more you can make at once.
What do you eat with little smokies?
Well in this case it isn’t used for a meal, rather this is a snack. If you just wanted to eat the small hot dogs warmed as a meal I might add vegetables and maybe some pasta on the side.
Can you reheat sausages wrapped in bacon?
Yes you can. Of course fresh is always best but you can reheat the mini sausages by wrapping a bunch inside foil, throw into a hot oven for about 10 minutes until warmed.
Air Fryer BBQ Little Smokies
If you want to use your Crockpot to make something similar, follow our Crockpot little smokies recipe here instead. There’s a printable recipe card at the bottom but here is a quick and easy step by step to peek at. Have your strips of bacon ready y’all.
- Preheat air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Cut pieces of bacon into 4 pieces for each strip. Put one bacon wrapped smokie inside the slice of bacon and wrap up so ends overlap. Use toothpick to keep cut bacon wrapped up in the smokie and secure.
- Spray air fryer basket with non stick spray. Lay pieces in without overlapping. Air fry lil smokies at 350 F for 7 minutes cooking time or until bacon is as crispy as you’d like it to be.
- Brush bbq sauce on top of each one, then sprinkle with brown sugar and serve immediately for best taste.
If you have leftovers you can make our pigs in a blanket pull apart bread too.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Air Fryer
You can see just how crispy the outsides get here. Below is a printable recipe card with nutritional information listed. Yes we have calories, saturated fat but seriously this is comfort food, just enjoy them. 😉 Looking for other yummy recipes with bacon?
- One thing we just can’t resist is our Instant Pot bacon potatoes.
- Smoked bacon wrapped pork chops are out of this world delicious.
- If you haven’t tried smoked bacon stuffed meatloaf yet, you’re missing out y’all!
Then you air fryer cooks have got to try bacon wrapped air fryer steak in your machine next. Bacon makes everything better y’all!! I will tell you that my favorite type is uncured center cut. It does cost more to get uncured meats in general but OH MY it makes such a difference. Center cut has more meat too.
A close second is smoked bacon if you can’t find the other. It just adds another layer of flavors to the dish and it’s all about bold mouth watering flavors right? Jump to recipe below my friends and let us know what you think!!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Slice the bacon pieces in half lengthwise, and then cut those pieces in half again forming 4 strips per slice of bacon.
- Wrap the smokies each in a piece of the cut bacon. Put end piece underneath or use toothpick to keep bacon from unrolling. Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray.
- Place the bacon wrapped sausages into the air fryer. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the bacon becomes as crispy as you like.
- Brush the BBQ sauce over each one, then sprinkle a bit of the brown sugar on top of each one.