Air fryer bacon wrapped smokies are the best appetizer ever! Sweet and savory hot dogs wrapped in pork with a brown sugar glaze makes every bite amazing.
Air Fryer Bacon Smokies
I mean if you haven’t had these you are missing out!! This easy recipe is beyond amazing and I wish you could smell thru the screen, then you would know whata’ mean y’all!
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
We have been creating A LOT of easy air fryer recipes lately because I just love this kitchen appliance. I can get everything as crispy as possible without any deep frying or oil needed.
- I bet you’ve already made air fryer bacon and air fryer hot dogs, but have you put them together yet??!!
- They’re a game changer I tell you.
- There won’t be any left if you make them for a crowd I promise.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies in Air Fryer
- Package of smokies
- Barbecue sauce
- Brown sugar
Toothpicks may be necessary if you are serving this for the big game with guests over. I like the long ones with little forks at the bottom. Then they stay on a bit better. 😉 A family favorite I tell you!!
If you’ve never seen these mini wieners before, they’re there right along with all the hot dogs at the store. The outside skins have a smoky flavor, that’s how they got their name I am sure.
Similar to larger hot dogs, they in fact are bite-sized, fully-cooked smoked sausages that only need to be reheated to enjoy. Therefore you’re just ensuring the pork is cooked on the outside.
Yes you can. Of course fresh is always best but you can reheat the mini sausages by wrapping a bunch inside foil, throw into a hot oven for about 10 minutes until warmed.
Bacon wrapped little smokies
There’s a printable recipe card at the bottom but here is a quick step by step. Have your strips of bacon ready y’all.
Time needed: 7 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies in Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Cut pieces of bacon into 4 pieces for each strip. Put one smokie inside the slice of bacon and wrap up so ends overlap. Use toothpick to keep cut bacon wrapped up in the smokie and secure.
Spray air fryer basket with non stick spray. Lay pieces in without overlapping. Cook at 350 F for 7 minutes cooking time or until bacon is as crispy as you’d like it to be.
Brush bbq sauce on top of each one, then sprinkle with brown sugar and serve immediately for best taste.
You can see just how crispy the outsides get here. Below is a printable recipe card with nutritional information listed. Yes we have calories, saturated fat but seriously this is comfort food, just enjoy them. 😉
Looking for other yummy recipes with bacon?
- One thing we just can’t resist is our Instant Pot bacon potatoes.
- Smoked bacon wrapped pork chops are out of this world delicious.
- If you haven’t tried smoked bacon stuffed meatloaf yet, you’re missing out y’all!
Then you air fryer cooks have got to try bacon wrapped air fryer steak in your machine next.
Bacon makes everything better y’all!! I will tell you that my favorite type is uncured center cut. It does cost more to get uncured meats in general but OH MY it makes such a difference. Center cut has more meat too.
A close second is smoked bacon if you can’t find the other. It just adds another layer of flavors to the dish and it’s all about bold mouth watering flavors right?
Jump to recipe below my friends and let us know what you think!!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Slice the bacon pieces in half lengthwise, and then cut those pieces in half again forming 4 strips per slice of bacon.
- Wrap the smokies each in a piece of the cut bacon. Put end piece underneath or use toothpick to keep bacon from unrolling. Place the bacon wrapped sausages into the air fryer. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the bacon becomes as crispy as you like.
- Brush the BBQ sauce over each one, then sprinkle a bit of the brown sugar on top of each one.