Bacon in the air fryer is a game changer! Grease drips away and it get crispy in no time at all for breakfast. Use Cosori, Instant Pot air fryer or make Ninja Foodi bacon this morning and see. We have cooked uncured and packaged as well as sliced air fryer pork belly this way.
Perfectly crispy bacon in the air fryer is the way to go y’all! If you love this keto friendly low carb food you can now make it super crispy without it laying in all that grease. Let us explain why cooking bacon in Ninja Foodi is our new favorite air fryer recipe. (originally published 2/20, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Bacon
OH MY this air fryer breakfast is going to be a major game changer for y’all too. I mean, the grease drains away and it is so crispy. You can cook a whole batch in no time at all for breakfast, or dice it into fresh bacon bits.
Use uncured, organic pork, “regular” pieces, turkey bacon, I haven’t cooked one that hasn’t turned out absolutely fantastic. We even figured out how to cook frozen bacon in air fryer and were amazed at how well that turned out too!
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Bacon in Ninja Foodi
I figured I would try a few pieces and if it didn’t work I would just use a pan. OH boy I should’ve tried this so much earlier y’all!
Ninja Foodi Bacon Recipe
Want to make it sweeter? Give air fryer maple candied bacon a whirl and see which is your favorite! This is definitely a kid fave if I want to be superwoman in the morning, or a great add in on a breakfast charcuterie board too. This is the only pressure cooker that air crisps too, use the lid that is attached for this one.
What are different types of bacon?
- Smoked bacon. Yes you can smoke your own bacon on the grill, or buy smoked bacon in the supermarket for added flavor.
- Turkey bacon is usually much lower in fat than traditional pork cuts. Keep in mind it has a different taste and texture.
- Canadian bacon
Salt pork can be sliced too and tastes very similar. This is how to cook pork belly in the oven, in the air fryer is amazing too. You can cook all of these and add them to all sorts of recipes to make them even better. Adding it chopped up into brussel sprouts go from good to OH MY with some bits of pig in them. 😉
- This is the brand and style I picked up at the store. I personally do not like thick slices because I like it to get really really crispy and that style stays softer.
- The BEST thick cut bacon I’ve ever eaten I actually got from ButcherBox (you can get it free here + $15 off your order too here). It is uncured with an amazing flavor.
If you can get uncured meat of any kind in the store I’d recommend it because there’s TONS of flavor.
Air Fryer Bacon and Eggs
You could cook both of these in the same pot y’all. You just put raw bacon in half the basket with air fryer eggs in silicone cups on the other. Place on the bottom layer with the meat on top in the basket you see here.
Air Fryer Bacon
I started with 6 slices so they weren’t overlapping too too much. You can see how I set them in here. I didn’t lay them flat, rather plopped them in on to themselves.
I think using a pair of tongs is easier than trying to flip it with a spatula. Air fryer baskets are typically not square and spatulas sometimes are awkward to fit in and grab anything.
How long do you cook bacon?
- Using a Blackstone 22 griddle it’s about 10 minutes to very crispy (how we like it). For thicker cuts it takes a bit longer but so worth it.
How Long to Air Fry Bacon
Bacon in the oven: Arrange bacon on baking sheet, on top rack so they’re evenly spaced apart and don’t overlap. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Works in a large convection oven too.
- Flip over every 5 minutes and cook until the bacon is golden in color and as crispy as you want.
- Timing will depend on whether it’s a thick cut or regular, and the amount of high fat content.
- On the stovetop: Heat skillet, lay slices down in a single layer, flip every 3-5 minutes until they’re as crispy as you’d like. Put on paper towels to absorb grease and serve.
Air frying: Put slices into preheated air fryer without overlapping them too much. Cook at 390 degrees with the circulating hot air for 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes until you have crispy bacon.
Air Fryer Bacon Thick Cut
- Package of bacon
- if yours is thick, add 1 more minute
- Pair of tongs
- Air Fryer basket and machine
What is the best way to cook bacon?
- Depends on whom you ask but not THIS is my go to. You want to know the biggest reason I love cooking air fryer bacon?
- Other than not getting splattered on I love that all the bacon grease drips away from the meat!
When using an air fryer, the basket has holes in the bottom which means it’s perfect for cooking fatty meats like this and air fryer pork chops.
How to Cook the Crispiest Bacon
We love these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops here.
- Air fryer bacon brussel sprouts are fantastic
- Bacon wrapped onions stuffed with cheese are keto friendly and amazing
- Our air fryer steak we wrapped with this favorite food of ours too
- You can find bacon appetizers here too
I have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, so you could just jump to recipe and get started but here is a quick step by step to show you just how easy it is.
- Preheat air fryer at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place 6 -8 pieces of bacon into your air fryer basket, trying not to overlap pieces.
- Set air fryer for 15 minutes cooking time.
- Use tongs to move bacon around, flip to other side every 5 minutes. Remove when they’re as crispy as you’d like.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Bacon
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Bacon in the Air Fryer
- 6 pcs bacon
- 1 pinch pepper if you want it peppered, add at beginning on each slice
- Preheat air fryer at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place 6 pieces of bacon into your air fryer basket, trying not to overlap pieces.
- Set air fryer for 15 minutes. Use tongs to move bacon around, flip to other side every 5 minutes. Remove when they're as crispy as you'd like.