Crispy brussel sprouts with bacon are the best air fryer appetizers! You can bake them in your oven too but get tender brussels with crisp bacon this way.
Have you made crispy brussel sprouts with bacon in your air fryer yet? Serve it as a side dish or yummy appetizer. Either way get ready for lots of OOHhhhs and Ahhhhhs from everyone. I have created a lot of easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom, try them all and let us know what you think!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
It doesn’t matter what brand you have really. The biggest difference is the size of the basket and how many you can make at a time. Other than that the directions remain the same.
Brussel sprouts with bacon
- Package of bacon
- thick variety does NOT work as well
- Brussels sprouts
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Toothpicks if you want to serve them as an air fryer appetizer
Beyond that you’re free to add any other seasonings you like when you cook brussel sprouts in general. I vary it from time to time. When I make Instant Pot brussels sprouts I add a bit more. Butter is used using that method too, for air fryers it is best to use olive oil instead.
These are the basic steps to take when making these mouth watering bites of goodness.
How do you trim brussel sprouts
Cut off the stem end. If the sprouts are small, leave them whole before cooking. If they seem to be rather large or have a thick core you might want to halve or quarter them so they’re all the same size. On the brussels sprouts cut side some leaves may fall off, that is okay.
- Then in a large bowl toss to coat and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper
- Add additional seasonings now if you’d like
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each one loosely
- when you cook the bacon it will shrink so don’t wrap real tight
- Put in a single layer with the loose end facing down inside your air fryer basket
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the outsides are as crisp as you’d like, and insides are tender
Some like to sprinkle a bit of balsamic vinegar on them before serving too.
Oven roasted brussel sprouts with bacon
You will still need to wash and trim the ends off of the veggies.
- In a bowl whisk together 1/4 cup maple syrup + 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Cut bacon slices in half so they’re shorter
- Have a non stick large baking sheet ready
- can wrap with non stick aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wrap 1 halved piece around a brussel and lay it with the loose bacon end down so it doesn’t unwrap
- Use a pastry brush to brush syrup mixture on top of each one
- Sprinkle everything with a touch of salt and pepper
- can add . a bit of red pepper too for heat
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bacon is crispy and they are tender inside
There are many other ways to cook brussel sprouts too.
Balsamic reduction for brussel sprouts
- In a saucepan over medium heat add 1 cup brown sugar
- Add 3/4 c balsamic vinegar
- Allow this to start boiling, then reduce heat to medium low
- Stir intermittently, heat will create a thick syrupy sauce in about 15 minutes time
- Then remove from heat and once your brussels are done cooking drizzle this on top!
Looking for even more brussels sprouts recipes?
- We’ve made brussel sprouts on the grill before
- This is how to make plain air fryer brussel sprouts without the bacon
- Brussel sprout stuffing would be a great new item as a Thanksgiving side dish
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic
If you’re weary of this questionable green vegetable, I want to convince you how great they can taste!! I too wasn’t a fan until I was in my thirties and tried them at a farm to table restaurant. They were roasted, crispy on the outside but tender and covered in bacon.
- I vowed then to come up with a great recipe for brussel sprouts at my home. I wanted to get my kids to love them too and now they do!!
Give these crispy brussel sprouts with bacon a try in your air fryer or easy brussel sprouts in your oven and let us know what you think in the comments below!
- Then try air fryer bacon next and add it into your cast iron brussel sprouts recipe that is super creamy delicious.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees
- In a bowl toss washed, paper towel dried, and trimmed brussels in olive oil. Add pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Can add other seasonings now if you desire.
- One at a time loosely wrap a piece of bacon around each brussel sprout overlapping slightly until it is wrapped all the way around. (bacon will shrink when cooked and will squeeze brussel so a bit loose is good.
- Place each one in air fryer basket with loose end on the bottom so it doesn't come off.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping half way, until bacon is as crisp as you desire and brussel is tender.