Brussel sprouts in the air fryer are just amazing! Tender brussels with a bit of a crispy outside will get you to love this understated vegetable.
Brussels sprouts get a bad rap, and I’m guilty of assuming I wouldn’t like them too. If you’re hesitant to try them or looking to try something new, give our crispy brussels sprouts in the air fryer recipe a try. It’s one of our easy air fryer recipes on The Typical Mom. (originally published 2/19, affiliate links present)
Are you on the love ’em or hate ’em side of roasted brussels sprouts?? They are our new favorite side dish for sure. You can make them in any brand machine you have. We have a Cosori and an AirWave too, and use it often.
These use fresh but if you need directions for air fryer frozen brussel sprouts, we have that too!
Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
If you haven’t found a way to make these pesky things where you crave them yet, try this! Even my 10 year old gobbled them up when they came out of the basket.
The best way to make brussel sprouts
- Well we have made Instant Pot brussel sprouts that are amazing as well. Unfortunately they don’t get crispy on the outsides no matter how many minutes of cooking.
Unless you add oil salt and pepper and put them into the oven – broiler after you pressure cook them.
You can skip that second step if you use this brussel sprouts in the air fryer recipe.
Keys to making the best brussel sprouts
- We pre heated our larger air fryer
- Wash them – obvious I know
- Cut the hard end off
- Slice them lengthwise
- Add brussels into a bowl with our light sauce
- Put them into your air fryer basket
- Set cook time
- Bake or cook brussel sprouts in the air fryer
- 2 minutes shaking them intermittently so they all get crispy throughout the cook time is best
- Toss the brussels sprouts in more light sauce & some seasoning
Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top for sure. Let it melt a bit and oh my.
This is what our brussel sprouts in the air fryer looked like when they were done. That is, before they were tossed in the 2nd round of sauce.
Why did we use two rounds of sauce??
- Tossing brussels in olive oil, a bit of lemon juice and seasonings allows the outsides to crisp.
- Drizzling on a bit more after they’ve taken a trip in the air fryer amplifies the flavor!
- Total time = 15 minutes to deliciousness
How you know how long to cook things in an air fryer?
- Use this air fryer cooking chart
What you need to make air fryer brussel sprouts
- Brussel sprouts – this used 1.5 lbs.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt & pepper
- Lemon – fresh is best
- A freezer bag is helpful to toss them initially
Optional add ins or to sprinkle on top:
- Chili powder or dry Sriracha for a little heat
- Splash of balsamic vinegar on top when cooked
Looking for more air fryer vegetable recipes?
- My Air fryer bagels are great
- Air fryer kale chips
- Mixed air fryer zucchini yellow squash
- This is how you make crispy brussel sprouts with bacon in the Foodi
Brussel Sprouts in Ninja Foodi
Are brussels sprouts a superfood?
They are considered a cold weather superfood. Packed with immunity boosting vitamin c and cancer fighting traits, these small green balls are among the most powerful type vegetable superfoods.
- I heard brussel sprouts can reduce cholesterol, that is why I went on a quest to like them years ago. Mine was on the high side (runs in the family) and I aimed to find natural ways to lower it.
- Of course eating foods high in fiber was one focus, and eliminating the butter on this recipe is best, but certain foods were better than others like:
- Nuts are great, especially almonds
- Fish is a huge love already
- Whole grains
- Fruits and berries
- Dark chocolate is always a fave
- Garlic is something I add to every recipe now
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Put brussel sprouts with ends cut off and sliced in half lengthwise in a bag or bowl. Add olive oil, 1 tsp garlic salt, chili powder, squeeze 1/2 your lemon, and apple cider vinegar into your baggie or bowl. Toss with brussel sprouts.
- Pour coated brussels into your air fryer basket and close lid. Cook at 390 degrees for a total of 15 minutes, stirring/flipping pieces over twice during that total time. (so every 5 minutes)
- When that is cooking melt your butter and whisk in 1/4 of garlic salt, pepper, the other 1/2 of your lemon juice, and dijon mustard together.
- When brussel sprouts are done pour them in a bowl and toss with this butter mixture.
- Serve topped with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.