Brussel sprouts in the air fryer are just amazing! Tender brussels with a bit of a crispy outside will get you to love this understated vegetable.
Brussels sprouts get a bad rap, and I’m guilty of assuming I wouldn’t like them too. If cooked right they are so yummy though!! If you’re hesitant to try them or looking to try something new, give our brussel sprouts in the air fryer recipe a try. It’s one of our favorite air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom.
Are you on the love ’em or hate ’em side of brussels??
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we have, but this recipe will work with any brand.
- You can grab a free air fryer cookbook too here, you’re welcome. 😉
The best way to make brussel sprouts
- Well we have made Instant Pot brussel sprouts that are amazing as well. Unfortunately they don’t get crispy on the outsides at all though unless you put them into the oven after you cook them.
You can skip that second step if you use this brussel sprouts in the air fryer recipe.
I will tell you that the crispy outside is a must after having them both ways. We served these along side our bacon wrapped air fryer steak and it was the perfect meal.
Keys to making the best brussel sprouts
- Wash them – obvious I know
- Cut the hard end off
- Slice them lengthwise
- Toss them in a light sauce which includes some olive oil
- Bake or cook brussel sprouts in the air fryer in this case
- Toss them again in more light sauce & some seasoning
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top – cheese lover here
This is what our brussel sprouts in the air fryer looked like when they were done. That is, before they were tossed in the 2nd round of sauce.
Why did we use two rounds of sauce??
- Tossing brussels in olive oil, a bit of lemon juice and seasonings allows the outsides to crisp.
- Drizzling on a bit more after they’ve taken a trip in the air fryer amplifies the flavor!
How you know how long to cook things in an air fryer?
- Use this air fryer cooking chart
What you need to make air fryer brussel sprouts
- Brussel sprouts – this used 1.5 lbs.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt & pepper
- Lemon – fresh is best
- Chili powder
- A freezer bag is helpful to toss them initially
Looking for more air fryer recipes?
- Air fryer bagels
- Air fryer kale chips
- Mixed air fryer zucchini yellow squash
- 1.5-2 lbs brussel sprouts ends cut off, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 lemon fresh, squeezed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp butter melted
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat air fryer at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Put brussel sprouts with ends cut off and sliced in half lengthwise in a bag or bowl. Add olive oil, 1 tsp garlic salt, chili powder, squeeze 1/2 your lemon, and apple cider vinegar into your baggie or bowl. Toss with brussel sprouts.
- Pour coated brussels into your air fryer basket and close lid. Cook at 390 degrees for a total of 15 minutes, stirring/flipping pieces over twice during that total time. (so every 5 minutes)
- When that is cooking melt your butter and whisk in 1/4 of garlic salt, pepper, the other 1/2 of your lemon juice, and dijon mustard together.
- When brussel sprouts are done pour them in a bowl and toss with this butter mixture.
- Serve topped with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉