Homemade air fryer zucchini bread comes out fluffy with a bit of a crispy outside. Sweet small batch breakfast or dessert you’ll love.
OH MY how wonderful this air fryer zucchini bread was. Made in mini loaf pans they were a great treat in the morning. Just one of many easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (affiliate links present)
I am sure you’ve made things like our moist zucchini bread in the oven but this is way more fun. These disposable little tins make for an easy clean up too!
Slather cream cheese frosting on this when done for dessert, or enjoy with some egg bites in the morning. Either way it’s pretty amazing. Just one of many of our best air fryer zucchini recipes here on our site.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air Fryer Breakfast
You’re going to use the same basic ingredients as you would normally do. It’s a smaller batch of batter though, you could half this if you only wanted 1 mini loaf too.
Yes! If you take it off it will be mush and just disintegrate. Keep it on, rinse the outside and shred it on top of a few paper towels. Then roll it up to absorb most of that moisture.
This is a very important step. That way your veggies won’t sink to the bottom and you also won’t add extra unnecessary liquid into your batter. That will weigh it down and it won’t be as fluffy as you expect it to be.
Do you have to dry zucchini before making bread?
Not necessarily completely dry but a bit squeezed out is more like it. With 2-3 paper towels and pressed gently the water will come off and be perfect for folding into your mix at the end.
It is important to fold in rather than mixing with the other ingredients. It is a bit delicate you might say and you don’t want it breaking all apart.
Zucchini Bread in Air Fryer
If you have your own favorite zucchini bread recipe you could definitely use that. Just remember that your air fryer basket will only fit 2 mini loaves, or a mini bundt pan. The latter would take about the same time to bake.
- 2 mini loaf pans
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder, baking soda
- Mixing bowl
- Could fold in 1/2 cup nuts or mini chocolate chips
And your shredded veggies of course…..
It is always best to spray the inside of the pans so they slide out when you’re ready to serve them up. Then just throw the pans away when you’re done. Made this way they make great gifts during the holidays too.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients. In another bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix together.
Slowly incorporate the dry into the wet mixture until combined well. Then gently fold in shredded zucchini.
Spray 2 mini loaf pans with non stick spray. Divide batter in half between then.
Preheat air fryer to 310 degrees for 5 minutes. Add prepared loaves and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check at 30 with a toothpick in the center.
Remove once there is no wet batter in middle and just crumbs are attached.
You can see the quick bread below. A golden brown crisp on the top and outside but soft inside.
How long do you let zucchini bread cool?
At least 10 minutes is a good start. Remove from the hot basket and set on a cooling rack. After 10-15 I like to take it out of the pan entirely and set on the rack beyond that so it doesn’t continue cooking.
What’s the best way to store zucchini bread?
Let it come to room temperature first. Then remove from the pan and wrap in plastic wrap, do not slice what you are going to save. Put that into a freezer bag or tinfoil and leave on your counter for up to 4 days or freeze.
Why would you bother doing it this way anyway you might be asking? There are a few reasons if you ask me. First off when I lived in SoCal I did NOT turn on my oven in the summertime.
Using a small countertop device to “bake” won’t heat up your house. Another is if there are just 2 of us at home I don’t really want 2 large loves and have to store the rest. I’d rather have fresh and just a few slices.
We added a bit of melted frosting right out of the tub for this one which was a nice added touch. Cream cheese style is great, or vanilla works wonders. You could add a bit of lemon or orange zest to either of these too.
- You could use this same batter and make muffins in air fryer too. Those don’t take quite as long and great for grab and go mornings.
- We love pumpkin zucchini muffins and zucchini carrot muffins too during the Fall, well and year round really.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
- In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients. In another bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix together.
- Slowly incorporate the dry into the wet mixture until combined well. Then gently fold in shredded zucchini.
- Spray 2 mini loaf pans with non stick spray. Divide batter in half between then.
- Preheat air fryer to 310 degrees F for 5 minutes, then add loaves and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check at 30 with a toothpick in the center. Remove once there is no wet batter in middle and just crumbs are attached.