Air fryer pumpkin bread is a fun way to bake during the Fall. You can make a few mini loaves at a time for breakfast or a quick dessert.
Wondering if you could really bake air fryer pumpkin bread we are here to show you how. It’s a great option when you only want to make a small batch or not turn your oven on during the summer months. One of many easy air fryer recipes here on our blog.
Ok so maybe you have tried to bake a cake in a Ninja Foodi and that came out pretty good. You don’t always want (or need) dessert though. Air fryer bread is a great option to serve with dinner, but breakfast time is probably our favorite meal of the day.
Pumpkin Bread in Air Fryer
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
I will begin with saying that I don’t only bake this moist pumpkin bread in the Fall and Winter months. It is in fact my favorite all time flavor so whether it is the middle of February or October I always veer toward baking something like this!
These are made in mini loaf pans so they fit well inside the smaller baskets. If you wanted a shorter bake time you can use these ingredients (or our 2 ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe) and the timing in our air fryer muffins for hand held treats too.
- Canned Libby’s pumpkin (there are other brands) or you can make homemade pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- All purpose flour, always remember how to measure flour properly
- White sugar
- Baking soda and salt
- Cinnamon and pumpkin spice are added for extra Fallness…..
This mixture will fill 4 mini loaf pans so you can enjoy at once or a few and freeze the rest for later. I have not attempted a gluten free pumpkin option but this one gets high ratings. I imagine it would be the same 40 minutes but check a bit earlier just in case.
Baking in an Air Fryer
As with any other sweet or quick bread you’ll want to mix the wet ingredients in one large bowl, the dry ingredients in a separate one and then incorporate the two. The batter will then be thick but pretty smooth. The exception to this would be if you folded in add ins at the end. Additions could include;
- Chopped nuts some people insist on, I am a “no crunchy things in something that is supposed to be soft” kinda’ gal so those would be a no for me….
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips are something I use quite often. Sometimes I will fill 2 loaves as is, then fold these in and fill the remaining 2 pans with that batter.
- I love dried cranberries sometimes too, you can follow our pumpkin cranberry bread for that mix.
Always mix everything else first, and then incorporate the “additions” into the mix gently.
And don’t forget to spray non stick cooking spray inside each pan too. That lends to an easier cleanup and flipping them out when they are done baking too. You could use a small piece of parchment paper instead but these are really small pans so you have to cut it down quite a bit.
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread
Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees for 5 minutes. Use a hand or stand mixer to blend wet ingredients together. In a bowl mix dry ingredients together and then slowly incorporate the two to make a smooth batter.
If you want to add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, nuts or mini chocolate chips you can fold those in now.
Spray 4 mini loaf pans with non stick spray. Divide batter between the 4 pans and put as many as will fit into your air fryer basket to bake at once.
Close basket and bake for 35-45 minutes. Timing will depend slightly depending on wattage and how many loaves you’re cooking at once. Use a toothpick at minute 35 to see if it comes out clean or a bit wet. If wet add 5 minutes and check again.
Remove loaves and set on cooling rack when done and then slice when slightly cooled.
I like to remove the bread pretty quickly after I know they are baked through to the middle so they don’t continue cooking in those hot pans. It is better to transfer each to a cooling rack and let them cool for a good 15 minutes (or to room temperature) so they can solidify before slicing.
If you are making more than you will be able to consume right away only cut the number of pieces you want to eat right then. They will stay more moist if they remain in tact.
How do you keep pumpkin bread moist after baking?
- Allow loaf to cool completely
- Do NOT slice it, keep it in tact until you are ready to eat a slice
- Wrap it in plastic wrap tightly
- Then slide loaves into either aluminum foil or a freezer bag
- Leave on the countertop for up to 3 days to stay as moist as possible
- beyond this time you should freeze it and thaw it out on the counter when ready to eat later
How long does pumpkin bread last in the freezer?
If you follow the suggestions in the way to store it I explained above it will last for up to 3 months. Once you take it out and defrost it to room temperature you should not freeze it again. It will lose it’s moisture and have a not so great texture if you do it more than once.
For yet another batter you can use another time, our pumpkin banana bread is quite popular as well. All of these will use the same temperature and timing for this machine. We have made air fryer pumpkin pie filling bites too during Thanksgiving and those are really fun if you love pumpkin like we do.
For another flavor entirely you can give our air fryer zucchini bread a whirl. We used disposable pans as you can see here which are great when gifting during the holidays.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to blend wet ingredients together. In a bowl mix dry ingredients together and then slowly incorporate the two to make a smooth batter.
- If you want to add 1/2 c of dried cranberries or mini chocolate chips you can fold those in now.
- Spray 4 mini loaf pans with non stick spray. Divide batter between the 4 pans and put as many as will fit into your basket to bake at once.
- Close basket and bake for 35-45 minutes. Timing will depend slightly depending on wattage and how many loaves you're cooking at once.
- Use a toothpick at minute 35 to see if it comes out clean or a bit wet. If wet add 5 minutes and check again.
- Remove loaf and set on cooling rack when done and then slice when slightly cooled.