Ninja Foodi cake is easier to make than you think! Now you can bake in your pressure cooker to free up your oven & not heat up your house. Game changer!
Have you made a Ninja Foodi cake yet?? Pressure cooker cakes are easier to make than you might think. They also come out so moist you may never bake in your oven again. Find this and more Ninja Foodi recipes here. (originally published 3/19, participant in the amazon program so affiliate links are present below)
Seriously, you’ve gotta try this carrot cake bundt cake, chocolate cake and make brownies too! Just a few of our favorite air fryer desserts you can make in the “magic machine”.
Cake in Ninja Foodi
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cooking times chart here for your fridge.
- Be sure to save this link to Instant Pot recipes for beginners too. You can use any of those in your pot too.
- Grab this set of wooden utensils to work with. They are great so your pot doesn’t get scratched!
- Then join our Ninja Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. Thousands of others share both pressure cooker and air fryer recipe ideas there daily and you can too!
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
We used boxed cake mix which surprisingly tastes quite similar to homemade. Yes you’re free to make a homemade pressure cooker cake but we’re all about easy. I like all sorts of different cake mix recipes out there. You really can amp a box of Duncan Hines up.
Follow along and we’ll teach you the tricks of baking in your Ninja Foodi too.
- Yes this works in any brand of pressure cooker, but we love our Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer machine.
Can you use any boxed cake mix using these directions?
- Yes! There are SO many different flavors out there. Some are only available during certain times of the year like Spice which is probably our favorite.
- We used this one this time since it is my favorite flavor ever. I mean, so much I had a carrot cake wedding cake!
- Red velvet cake mix is fabulous too
Will homemade cake batter work too?
- Yes! If you are all about making things yourself from scratch then by all means go for it. Just remember to not add more than 3/4 of the way full in this size bundt. Also it is important to make a small dome in your foil so it can rise well.
- Almost the whole cake mix prepared will fit in your 9″ Ninja Foodi bundt pan
- If your cake is very light and fluffy it may rise more than ours
- Carrot cake is quite dense so it didn’t rise a lot
Best results will come if you lightly spray the aluminum piece on the underside so it doesn’t stick to the food at all.
Ninja Foodi cake
- Cake mix – we used this boxed one or you can choose another flavor. Note: I have only used this carrot cake mix in the box. If using a homemade cake batter do not fill bundt pan more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Ingredients to make your cake batter
- 9″ bundt pan – this is the best one (I’ve tried others and this one is by far the best)
- Non stick spray – essential!
- Frosting – I do it the cheater way and warm up ready made frosting in a container. You can omit this entirely, or even just mix a bit of water with powdered sugar to create a cheap glaze on the top. A few mini chocolate chips on top or sprinkles are fun too.
- Baking in a pressure cooker has never been easier!
You can also opt to just use the air crisp method, chocolate version will share that below. Using only pressure cook mode is possible too, that is in the instructions under pressure cooker cake text too.
Pressure cooker cake
Follow the Instant Pot carrot cake directions here if using the pressure cooker setting. It will come out fluffy and a little more dense than in an oven but moist as ever.
- Add 1.5 cup of water into your pot, mix ingredients necessary to make a boxed cake mix. Spray bundt pan and fill 3/4 of the way full. Cover with foil on the top domed so it can rise. Place on trivet inside pot.
- Pressure cook high for 28 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release when done. That means do not touch the pressure release valve, steam will gradually release on it’s own. This takes approx. 15 minutes
- Let it cool completely on a cooling rack. Gently flip on to a plate so it will slide out of the pan
For the Ninja Foodi cake using just the bake setting you won’t need water or foil at all!! It only takes 20 minutes for that one. Once you remove the cake you can sprinkle with powdered sugar or spread on some frosting once cooled. Printable directions below.
If you want to make chocolate air fryer cake like this follow these instructions. We have directions for air fryer brownies here for you as well.
Other pressure cooker dessert recipes we love are below too. Try them all and then you will understand how to bake without ever having to open your oven again!
- Pressure cooker bread pudding is totally amazing and great for brunch or after dinnertime
- Make pressure cooker donuts for breakfast or dessert coated with melted chocolate and all kinds of different edible decorations
- We have lots of angel food cake mix recipes, one even made in a pressure cooker!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Cake
- 1 box cake mix we used carrot cake boxed cake + ingredients to make batter as directed
- Lower down a trivet, I like one with handles. Prepare cake mix as directed. Spray non stick spray into your 9" bundt pan and pour your batter in, It will fit an entire prepared box of cake. (other size pans will alter timing)
- Put bundt pan on trivet and close lid. Press bake, 325 temperature for 20 minutes. Lift lid when dnoe and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Lift out and put on cooling rack outside of pot.
- Once cooled put a plate on top and gently flip over, cake should fall out easily (that's when the non stick spray will come in handy).
- Warm frosting and pour on top. Slice and serve.
Tuesday 19th of April 2022
I think I found my new favorite way to make a cake! Thanks so much for this it came out great! Love how I can still use my over to make other meals while baking a cake at the same time now!
Tuesday 19th of April 2022
Always surprised by how well the pressure cooker bakes! This came out perfectly moist.
Tuesday 19th of April 2022
Thanks for all these tips. Our cake came out great!
The Typical Mom
Friday 22nd of April 2022
Thursday 24th of December 2020
What's the timing differences for the 7" Bundt pan?? Pressure/bake.
Wednesday 19th of February 2020
Will the 9 inch bundt pan fit in the 6.5 foodi?