Ninja Foodi cake is easier to make than you think! Now you can bake in your pressure cooker to free up your oven & not heat up your house. Game changer!
Have you made a Ninja Foodi cake yet?? Pressure cooker cakes are easier to make than you might think. They also come out so moist you may never bake in your oven again. Seriously, you’ve gotta try this carrot cake bundt cake! Find this and more Ninja Foodi recipes here. (originally published 3/19, affiliate links present)
Of course you can try any Ninja Foodi cake you want but carrot cake is our favorite!
We used boxed cake mix which surprisingly tastes quite similar to homemade. Yes you’re free to make a homemade pressure cooker cake but we’re all about easy. Follow along and we’ll teach you the tricks of baking in your Ninja Foodi too.
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. 😉
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more Foodi recipes.
- Yes this works in any brand of pressure cooker, but we love our Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer machine.
Can you use any boxed cake mix using these directions?
- We used this one
- Spice cake mix is fabulous too
Will homemade cake batter work too?
- The whole cake mix prepared will fit in your 9″ Ninja Foodi bundt pan
- If your cake is very light and fluffy it may rise more than ours
- Carrot cake is quite dense so it didn’t rise a lot
This is what you need to make a Ninja Foodi cake
- Cake mix – we used this boxed one or you can choose another flavor. Note: I have only used this carrot cake mix in the box. If using a homemade cake batter do not fill bundt pan more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Ingredients to make your cake batter
- 9″ bundt pan – this is the best one (I’ve tried others and this one is by far the best)
- Non stick spray – essential!
- Frosting – I do it the cheater way and warm up ready made frosting in a container
- Baking in a pressure cooker has never been easier!
Tips for making the best pressure cooker cake
- Follow the Instant Pot carrot cake directions here if using the pressure cooker setting
- Add 1.5 c. water into your pot, place filled bundt pan on trivet
- Pressure cook high for 28 minutes
- Allow the pressure to naturally release when done
- That means do not touch the pressure release valve, steam will gradually release on it’s own
- This takes approx. 15 minutes
- Use foil on the top and take off immediately once you lift the bundt pan out
- Let it cool completely on a cooling rack
- Gently flip on to a plate so it will slide out of the pan
If you want to make air fryer cake like this follow these instructions.
- Pressure cooker bread pudding is totally amazing
- Make pressure cooker donuts for breakfast or dessert
- We have lots of angel food cake mix recipes, one even made in a pressure cooker!
Ninja Foodi Cake
- 1 box cake mix we used carrot cake boxed cake + ingredients to make batter as directed
- Lower down a trivet, I like one with handles. Prepare cake mix as directed. Spray non stick spray into your 9" bundt pan and pour your batter in, It will fit an entire prepared box of cake. (other size pans will alter timing)
- Put bundt pan on trivet and close lid. Press bake, 325 temperature for 20 minutes. Lift lid when dnoe and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Lift out and put on cooling rack outside of pot.
- Once cooled put a plate on top and gently flip over, cake should fall out easily (that's when the non stick spray will come in handy).
- Warm frosting and pour on top. Slice and serve.