Instant Pot carrot cake is just the beginning when learning how to bake a cake in a pressure cooker. The possibilities are endless once you learn this!
Ok so I made this Instant Pot carrot cake the other day and once again I will tell you that baking in a pressure cooker is kinda’ the bomb! I say that because every bundt cake or bread pudding I’ve made comes out incredibly moist and delicious.
This Instant Pot carrot cake is quite easy to make.
I chose to use a boxed cake since I was short on time but if you’re more of a homemade pressure cooker cake kinda’ gal then go right ahead.
The key to making the perfect Instant Pot cake
- Make sure you spray the inside of your bundt pan with non stick spray
- Do not fill it more than 3/4 of the way full. A box of cake mix fits perfectly, no more.
- Allow your pressure cooker to naturally release the steam. This will make your the cake the perfect moist texture.
- Remove the foil immediately when done. Or the condensation will drip down on it.
- Let it cool and slightly pull away from the sides before you gently flip it on to a plate.
Can you use a homemade carrot cake recipe?
- I haven’t done it but I am sure it would work the same.
- Just make sure you do not fill your bundt pan past the 3/4 mark.
What is the best cream cheese frosting recipe?
- Ok so I cheat and use a tub of cream cheese frosting.
- Here is a homemade cream cheese frosting recipe if you are looking for that too though.
This is what you need to make an Instant Pot carrot cake (or any other style pressure cooker bundt cake really)
- Carrot cake mix – we used this one or you can make a homemade carrot cake batter (note I have only used carrot cake mix in the box so if using a homemade cake batter do not fill bundt pan much more than 3/4 of the way full)
- And ingredients to make this mix
- 7″ bundt pan – this is the best one (I’ve tried others and this one is by far the best)
- Cream cheese frosting – I do it the cheater way and warm up ready made frosting in a container
Other Instant Pot dessert recipes you will love:
- Instant Pot angel food cake
- We love this Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake
- Then try our Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake
- Our tasty Instant Pot cheesecake recipe is great for beginners
Instant Pot Carrot Cake
- 1 box carrot cake prepare as directed
- Prepare carrot cake as directed on the box. Spray the inside of your 7" bundt pan with non stick spray.
- Pour 1.5 c water into your pressure cooker and lower down a trivet.
- Fill bundt pan with batter minus 1/2 cup of batter (I tend to leave out 1/2 c of batter so it doesn't rise quite as much but others have noted that it will in fact fit the whole box of prepared mix).
- Cover pan with foil. Make a sling out of foil to lower down bundt pan, or use a trivet with handles so you can lift it back out.
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 28 minutes.
- Allow steam to naturally release completely. Remove bundt pan and immediately take off foil.
- Put on cooling rack and allow to cool until edges pull away from sides a bit.
- Put a plate on top and gently flip the pan upside down so cake slides out. Drizzle melted cream cheese frosting on top and serve.