This easy 3 ingredient Instant Pot cake is so delicious and moist! Packed with whole cherries and topped with frosting, this is how to make a really easy pressure cooker cake with any flavors you like! Whether you want to make a birthday cake or just a fun dessert after dinner this sort of dump cake turns out great.
This Instant Pot cake was kind of an experiment I did in my kitchen and it surprisingly came out so good!! It’s almost Valentine’s Day now so I used cherries and strawberry cake but you could use any cake mix you like and any type of fruit too. We made this Instant Pot dump cake quite a while back and it was yummy so this is along those same lines but I used a different ingredient to make this pressure cooker dessert more fluffy and more like cake than the traditional dump cake texture. Now this is officially a favorite dessert on our long list of easy Instant Pot recipes.
This was a slice I ate for lunch. lol. I only used 3 ingredients I had in my cupboard…I’m a sucker for easy deliciousness.
I will tell you this cake cooked in the Instant Pot is VERY moist so it doesn’t have the super duper spring back a normal oven baked cake has. I mean essentially you are steaming it so that makes sense. We love ooey gooey moist desserts so it was a real winner at our house.
I am sure blueberry with a white cake mix, or apple with a spice cake mix would be delicious too, but we haven’t tried those yet…on the list!
I have made many delicious homemade desserts in my pressure cooker like our Instant Pot coffee cake but this one is for a real quick treat. I like to have both on hand, from scratch and quick ideas depending on how much time I have.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy and quick Instant Pot cake
- Instant Pot cake pan – I use this large pot with the handle
- Can of pie filling – we used this can of cherry
- Cake mix – we used this one, strawberry
- Vanilla frosting – if you want it on top
Instant Pot Cake
- 1.5 c cake mix we used strawberry
- 1.5 c pie filling we used cherry
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tub vanilla frosting melted
- Mix together eggs and cake mix. Fold in pie filling (can use any flavor).
- Spray non stick spray inside pot for cake mix.
- Pour cake mixture inside pot and cover with foil leaving a dome on top with foil so when cake rises it doesn't stick.
- Put trivet inside Instant Pot or pressure cooker with 2 c of water, put pot with cake mix on top of trivet (use a foil sling to lift in and out easily).
- Close steam valve. Set to manual, pressure, high, for 50 minutes. Allow to naturally release steam when done.
- Lift out carefully and remove foil.
- If you want it to stay in tact allow to completely cool on a cooling rack then put a plate on top and carefully flip over.
- Put some frosting in a bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds so it is easy to pour on top.
- Slice and serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉