This is the best 5 minute Instant Pot chili mac recipe that you and your kids will love! A classic old fashioned goulash style dinner packed with ground beef and noodles with that chili flavor you love. Dump all the ingredients in and have a complete meal done in less than 15 minutes total, it’s a family favorite.
This easy 5 minute Instant Pot chili mac recipe rocks! We have three kids which means macaroni is always in the house. We’re also huge chili lovers so it would only be reasonable to combine the two to make an easy dinner idea, that’s what we did and made this! So easy to do and a perfect addition to our long list of Instant Pot recipes here. (originally posted 3/17)
Of course we added cheese to the top when it was done, everything is better with lots of cheese. Packed full of meat, beans, and the pasta they love it was a new favorite you can make in a traditional pressure cooker too. Here’s how easy it is to make.
We have made this 5 ingredient dump chili recipe for years and years.
It is so simple and perfect to use in this cheesy chili mac recipe.
I just added macaroni noodles and enough water for them to cook all together in the Instant Pot and it only took 5 minutes to cook!!! Seriously the easiest pasta pressure cooker meal ever.
If you don’t have this fun kitchen appliance it is genius I tell you and I use it every night…that’s why I have so many recipes to share. lol
This is what you’ll need to make our easy Instant Pot chili mac recipe
- Ground beef
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Red Beans
- Elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning (can use a pkg. of taco seasoning instead…still great)
- Chili powder
- Cheese (to top with, optional but so yummy)
It is a really easy meal that is inexpensive and quite healthy too.
You can spice it up or add as much seasoning you’d like to this basic recipe but we like it this way! My kids love it and it is a warm comfort food that’s perfect when it’s “chilly” outside or really year round.
I love my Instant Pot especially during the summer when the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven when it is 100 degrees outside!
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes?
Instant Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 can red beans 15 oz
- 1 c elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 c water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning packet or 1 tbsp seasoning salt, or 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder optional - more or less depending on spice level desired
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil, onions, and ground beef.
- Brown meat until cooked. Turn off IP.
- Add all other ingredients and stir. (can use 1 tbsp. seasoning salt or for best flavor add instead 1 packet of chili or taco seasoning packet)
- Turn IP to manual, pressure, high, for 5 minutes (3 if you like noodles more al dente). Close steam valve.
- When done do a quick release and carefully open lid. Serve topped with cheese!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉