This is the best 5 minute Instant Pot chili mac recipe that you and your kids will love! A classic old fashioned goulash style dinner packed with ground beef and noodles with that chili flavor you love. Dump all the ingredients into your Ninja Foodi or Crock Pot Express pressure cooker too and have a complete meal done in less than 15 minutes.
This easy 5 minute Instant Pot chili mac recipe rocks! We have three kids which means macaroni is always in the house. We’re also huge chili lovers so it would only be reasonable to combine the two to make an easy dinner idea, that’s what we did and made this! Chili mac and cheese is so easy to do and a perfect addition to our long list of Instant Pot recipes. (originally posted 3/17, affiliate links present)
Of course we added cheese to the top when it was done. Everything is better with lots of cheese.
Packed full of meat, beans, and pasta this Instant Pot chili mac recipe became their new favorite dish!
We have made this 5 ingredient dump chili recipe for years and years.
It is so simple and perfect to use in this cheesy chili mac recipe.
I just added macaroni noodles and enough water for them to cook all together in the Instant Pot and it only took 5 minutes to cook!!! Seriously the easiest pasta pressure cooker meal ever.
If you don’t have this fun kitchen appliance it is genius I tell you and I use it every night…that’s why I have so many recipes to share. lol
This is what you’ll need to make our easy Instant Pot chili mac recipe
- Pressure cooker
- If you have an Instant Pot I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot for this and future recipes.
- Ground beef – this is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you need it.
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Kidney Beans
- Elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning (can use a pkg. of taco seasoning instead…still great)
- Chili powder
- Cheese (to top with, optional but so yummy)
- Salt and pepper optional
Here is a video showing you how I have made Instant Pot chili mac
You can spice it up or add as much seasoning you’d like once you add the ground beef. But we think the packet of chili seasoning is just right! My kids love it and it is a warm comfort food that’s perfect when it’s “chilly” outside or really year round.
I love my Instant Pot especially during the summer when the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven when it is 100 degrees outside!
Looking for more cheap Instant Pot recipes?
Want to make Crockpot chili mac?? We do that too!
If you like your noodles more al dente then set the time to 3 minutes, a bit softer for 4-5 minutes.
- Note – I have NEVER had issues with stirring everything together. Others have had false burn notifications so in recipe card I advise not to stir together. If your pot is super sensitive like this I highly suggest you get a non stick pot for this and future recipes.
Instant Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 can red beans 15 oz
- 1 c elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 c beef broth or water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning packet or 1 tbsp seasoning salt, or 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder optional - more or less depending on spice level desired
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil, onions, and ground beef.
- Brown meat until cooked. Turn off IP.Spread ground beef evenly across bottom of pot.
- Add all other ingredients in this order and do not stir!Can of red beans, then diced tomatoes, sprinkle in packet of chili seasoning, tomato sauce, sprinkle in uncooked elbow macaroni over top of all of these, then pour water over the top. Gently push down noodles so they are in liquid as much as possible but don't stir.
- Turn IP to manual, pressure, high, for 5 minutes (3 if you like noodles more al dente). Close steam valve.
- When done do a quick release and carefully open lid. Stir. Serve topped with cheese!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉