Pull apart pizza bread using refrigerated biscuits in a loaf pan is so easy to make. A real hit for a fun snack or a quick meal for kids too! Add pepperoni or just cheese and enjoy!
This easy pizza pull apart bread is always a hit when I make it for my girls at my house. Filled with cheese and pepperoni and made with ready made biscuits I can throw it together in no time. (affiliate links present, originally published 9/21)
Pull Apart Pizza Bread with Biscuits
We started this yummy journey by making this cheesy garlic pull apart bread recipe a while back. Going a step further I thought about mixing it up with other ingredients. This way the possibilities would be endless!! What do kids love the best for dinner? That is right, cheese and pepperoni with sauce y’all. So let’s talk about this.
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Without Bundt Pan
Ok so I do love bundts but with this one it turns out better in a loaf pan instead. I did it both ways and experimented and overall it cooked thru better this way. I would not want to share something that was questionable so just believe me. If you wanted it larger just make a double batch instead of twice as much in one pan.
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Loaf
You use the same ingredients as if you were going to make our pizza in a mug recipe. That is great if your kids just want a snack for one too. If you haven’t let them try it, give it a whirl because it’s pretty fun.
- Grands refrigerated biscuits will be our pizza dough
- Spaghetti sauce
- pizza sauce
- or marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices are optional
- Garlic salt
- Oregano or Italian seasoning
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper or non stick cooking spray
What you add for toppings is really up to you. Sliced olives would work well too. I don’t think I’d add things like mushrooms or other items that may release added moisture when baked.
Supreme pizza pull apart bread
You could really load in all the favorite toppings you liked. You do want to make sure that what you add isn’t real wet though or the consistency will be off. Pineapple isn’t the best for this I would say but finely diced bell peppers or precooked sausage would be fine. Here are a few questions you might have before you get started:
What is pizza bread made of?
We wanted to make it really simple so refrigerated biscuits were used for the dough. Homemade is always possible but you’d need to refrigerate in order to stiffen it up and create layers for pull apart bread.
If you’re looking for the bread that a round pizza is made on, this would be known as the crust. Other options exist too like monkey bread or pull apart bread with pizza toppings baked within it.
You might be surprised to know that Margherita tops the popular pepperoni version. BBQ chicken is next followed by Hawaiian which features Canadian bacon and pineapple.
This really only takes 15 or so minutes to prepare. I suggest using parchment paper so that when it’s done you can just lift it out of the pan and set it on a cutting board. Then let everyone pull each piece apart!
Pizza Bread with Refrigerated Biscuits
Brief step by step directions are below but a printable version is at the bottom of this post with ingredients needed.
- Cut each Grands biscuit in half and then use your palms to flatten it out and reshape it in to a circle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 flattened biscuit down, spread with some sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and then another biscuit. Then repeat this pattern until you’re done. Pick up and lay in loaf pan so stack is sideways. Sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Put filled loaf pan in oven for 30 minutes or until top is brown. Then allow to cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before lifting out and serving it.
Pepperoni Pull Apart Bread
Now you could make this another way where you cut biscuits and toss in a large bowl with some olive oil and parmesan cheese. Then integrating other ingredients in a bowl and toss together, it turns out more like a savory monkey bread of sorts.
This version takes quite a bit longer to make and cook in a bundt pan. Either way you just can’t go wrong for a Super Bowl appetizer or after school snack.
Unique pizza recipes
The quickest would be to just make a quick batch of pizza rolls in the air fryer as a snack. My teens will do this after school. You just have to be careful when you bite them because the ooze can burn your lips. 😉
- Our smoked Traeger pizza roll up is outstanding. But quicker than that, make homemade hot pockets.
- Everyone loves our Instant Pot pizza pasta because everything is made together in less than 20 minutes.
- Pizza in the air fryer is fun too! I just used bagged dough that only required water to make. Let the kids create their own and get them involved in the kitchen!
- We made this Mexican pizza casserole once that reminded me of the one at Taco Bell right at home! Creamy and delicious with ooey gooeyness in every bite.
We also made a cinnamon pull apart bread using these same rolls you can try for breakfast.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Below is a printable recipe but feel free to just come back because we always love “seeing you” my friend! 😉 If you add something else to this loaf let us know how it turned out.
Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Open biscuits and cut each one in half. Use palms of hands to and reshape into rounds again.
- Spread some sauce on a biscuit, top with cheese and pepperoni slices. Top with another biscuit, sauce, cheese, pepperoni and repeat.
- When you have a pile, line them up sideways in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper until they're all done and lined up in the pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and oregano. Add extra cheese on top of everything.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and take out.
- Allow to rest in pan for 5 minutes and serve.