Air fryer gnocchi are great! How to cook fresh or frozen gnocchi in air fryer, tender inside crispy outside and this pizza version too.
You can cook fresh, store bought packaged or frozen gnocchi in air fryer this way. Make plain, seasoned or pizza air fryer gnocchi too! We have many easy air fryer recipes on our site but this one was a huge hit with my kids for a quick snack. (affiliate links present)
Crispy Air Fryer Gnocchi
You can make these just to tender or continue with a bit of olive oil to really make the outsides crispy and crunchy. If you insist on making homemade, go right ahead. Packaged is what was used this time which makes this air fryer snack really fast to cook.
If you have never eaten these little bites of goodness they are kinda’ addicting. Texture is everything and if you’ve only had them inside of a soup or pasta you’re in for a treat. These are even better!
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
How do you make Trader Joes stuffed gnocchi with air fry
At this store they offer a few options. From chocolate to cheese and even their popular Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi air fryer can be cooked right from frozen. NO defrosting necessary my friends.
- Just throw them into a bowl with a bit of olive oil to coat
- Toss together
- Throw into a preheated basket at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Shake basket every 3 minutes, done.
Cauliflower Gnocchi Air Fryer
You do not have to shop at this store to find them though, almost all places have them. You can also buy them online here so you don’t have to leave the house at all.
Some places will have bags in the frozen section. The only difference if you use these is an increase in time about 2 minutes. I do think packaged (not out of the freezer) has a bit of a better texture overall if I’m being honest.
This is what you’re going to need to air fry gnocchi to perfection, pizza option is optional of course but so yummy as a snack.
- Shelf stable gnocchi is what was used here, instructions for frozen above recipe card below
- Olive oil
- onion powder
- garlic powder would work too
- onion powder
- Shredded cheese (I like Mexican blend but parmesan cheese works too) and marinara sauce for dipping would be needed if making the pizza option
How do I preheat my air fryer?
This isn’t a game changer if you don’t do it BUT I do suggest that you do so food(s) cook evenly the entire time. All you do is close the basket, set the temp., increase time to 5 and press start (some start all on their own at this point).
If you have a Ninja air fryer with or without the pressure cooker function you’d use the air crisp button.
How do you cook frozen gnocchi?
The temperature will remain the same, and instructions. The only difference is you will want to increase the cook time about 2-3 minutes. Coating the outside well with olive oil is more critical since you are not just cooking but also defrosting them in the basket with this method.
We have used these 2 other ways so if you buy a few packages you can try all three. Instant Pot gnocchi soup is a creamy comfort food that doesn’t take long to cook at all. You can make “dumplings” using these in our Slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe.
As far as seasonings you really can use some of your favorites. The simplest would be just salt and pepper, you still need oil to coat at the beginning though no matter what. Love sun dried tomatoes?? Dice some up and throw those in too!
Air Fryer Frozen Gnocchi
How to cook potato gnocchi
This is what they looked like when they were done and golden brown on the outside. Ready to pop right into your mouth or dipped, stabbed with a toothpick in some sauce. This could be a fun appetizer during your next Super Bowl party for sure too. Here’s a quick rundown of how to make them:
- Put pieces in a bowl with olive oil and toss. Sprinkle with all of the seasonings you want and toss again. If you want to make them the pizza version add your cheese now too.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Transfer gnocchi to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook gnocchi for 8-10 minutes shaking basket halfway thru. Check at min. 8 and see if they are as browned as you’d like them to be, if not continue for 1-2 more minutes.
- If starting with frozen, increase time to 12 minutes tossing every 3 minutes.
- Serve this easy side dish with spaghetti / marinara sauce for dipping.
All in all it is a 15 minute quick and easy treat I bet you’ll want to make again and again.
How to reheat gnocchi?
Normally if you make boiled gnocchi it doesn’t save well. They will stick together into one huge glob and you mind as well throw them away. BUT these can be eaten the next day easily. The best way to heat them again is to throw them back into your air fryer for 1 minute to heat and crisp up the outsides once again.
Enjoy after school with a bunch of dipping sauces of your choice and enjoy a second time (if there are any left). Ours are usually gone within 15 minutes of serving them so I have only had one opportunity to test this out. 😉
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Gnocchi
- Put gnocchi in a bowl with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle all seasonings on and toss again so it is well distributed. If you want to make pizza version add your cheese now too.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Add coated pieces in one layer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes shaking basket halfway thru. Check at min. 8 and see if they are as browned as you'd like them to be, if not continue for 1-2 more minutes. ** If gnocchi was frozen increase time to 12 minutes tossing every 3 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti / marinara sauce for dipping.