Here’s an easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe you’ll love! If you’ve never made crockpot chicken and dumplings Bisquick biscuits recipe is simple and only requires a few ingredients. Dump it all in and have a flavorful dinner ready that night.
Take a peek at this easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe and let me know what you think, it’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 9/16)
Yes…I’m all about my slow cooker, especially when the school year begins again!
When you’re busy with kids like we are it is nice to throw everything in your crockpot in the morning and know your warm meal will be there in the evening ready to eat.
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
Have you ever made chicken and dumplings in your slow cooker before??
If you’ve tried it on your stovetop you might see how you like it as it cooks all day all on it’s own. I have many different sizes of crockpots but for this and others that feed all of us + leftovers I like my large crockpot here .
They seriously last forever. Between this and my rice cooker I can make meals really quickly and feed all five of us fairly inexpensively too.
Now that we have a pressure cooker we’ve made a similar Instant Pot chicken and dumplings version too.
Use as many veggies as you like but this is a good base, and you can add from there or omit items if you choose as well. Here is the entire slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe you can print out as well.
Slow cooker chicken and dumplings
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cream of chicken soup
If you want a stiffer biscuit follow directions on Bisquick box and make small round biscuits the size of your thumb.
Bake until they just start to brown, then add to slow cooker 30 min. before then end, on low. You just want to meld chicken/soup with biscuits to soften them up a bit.
Bisquick chicken and dumplings
If you like this try our other easy crockpot recipes
- Crockpot chicken cacciatore needs only a few simple ingredients
- Love this crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup with air fryer rolls
- Cheap salsa chicken crockpot recipe is always a win at our home
I love these slow cooker cheesy potatoes any time of day though.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Place chicken, potatoes, carrots, and celery into your slow cooker.
- Stir soup, water, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Cover, cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Stir the baking mix and milk in a bowl. Drop the batter by spoonful’s onto the chicken. Cook for 30 minutes on HIGH.