The cutest mini pumpkin bundt cakes ever and super easy to make!! Fun Halloween dessert to make for a party or with your kids too! If you don’t want to make a large version of our cake mix pumpkin bundt cake these are fun to serve during the holidays.
It is almost October…that means lots of baking fun and everything pumpkin!! If it doesn’t taste like pumpkin it needs to look like one we say, so alas a few mini pumpkin bundt cakes were born. Here’s how you make them. (affiliate links present)
Mini Fall Bundt Cakes
You can make moist pumpkin bread, or use a boxed spice cake like we did. That is totally your choice. If I had more time I would’ve gone all out with homemade, but boxed did the trick for this “baking project”. What is a bundt cake? It is just a different shape with a hole in the center.
Works great to flip one upside down and create another cute shape, a pumpkin!! You’ll need this smaller pan so you can make individual servings. Of course you could make a larger version this same way but you’d need to slice it to serve.
Just cook the bundts in a mini bundt pan according to the directions on the cake mix. Or make homemade pumpkin bread and cook accordingly.
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
When they are done and cool take them out and cut the rounded part off the top of the mini bundt. That way 2 will sit flush with one another and look more like a pumpkin. Here are the other items you will need:
- boxed cake mix (any kind, we used spiced cake mix)
- or make pumpkin apple bread and spoon into these molds
- 2 caramels per “pumpkin” you will use as a stem, or a tootsie roll works too
- A nice add on after they are done is to melt and pour orange frosting (or color white frosting) on top
Here’s a quick video showing you just how easy they are to make.
Mini Pumpkin Spice Recipe
I don’t show it but just cut the rounded part off your bundt cakes before putting them together. Maybe 30 seconds to melt the frosting is all and push your caramels together to make the pumpkin “stem”.
- If you wanted to you could put frosting in between the bundts before melting and pouring it over to add to the sweetness. And that is how you make mini pumpkin bundt cakes.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
- 1 mini bundt pan
- 1 Bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix batter according to cake mix directions. Spray mini bundt pan with non stick spray.
- Fill each mold 2/3 of the way full with cake mix batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out mostly clean with crumbs attached.
- Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes, then carefully flip over and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Melt frosting in microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Flip one bundt over, can add regular frosting in middle, then the 2nd mini bundt goes on top so it is pumpkin shaped.
- Pour melted orange frosting over the top. Allow to dry, then put the "stem" in the top middle hole.