Air fryer ham is easy! Want to save room in your oven or just make a small piece for 2 of you, this is how to cook a ham in an air fryer.
Want to cook an air fryer ham this year? NO problem! This is a great solution if you live in tight spaces or just need to feed a couple of people. One of many easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom (affiliate links present)
I made an Instant Pot ham years ago, with a similar glaze, and it turned out great! Oven baked ham is fabulous if you have the time, but sometimes you want enough for just 2-4 people. This is great for times like that.
Now that I air fry everything I wanted to figure out this method as well so I could share it with all of you. Here we go…..
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
This is not just for the holidays though. Ham is great to cook year round. I mean, we cook something like this and save the rest. Throughout the rest of the week I make things like:
- Crockpot ham and potato soup
- Dice it up and throw it in with some air fryer hash browns or air fryer egg bites in the morning.
- We have a bunch of other leftover ham recipes too you can make.
This is the whole, smoked, precooked ham we chose from the store. From there I just made a sweet mustard glaze to pour on top to keep it moist.
You may have a few questions before you make this for Christmas, Easter, or for no occasion at all:
The only type you couldn’t would be one that wouldn’t fit into your basket. This needs to be measured before you purchase your piece. I have a 5.7 qt. and a whole precooked hickory smoked fit fine.
We love it air fried, and will show you how to do that here, as well as smoking a cooked ham.
It is all about basting it along the way, and a great flavorful ham glaze.
The key to getting it warm all the way into the center, you’ll need to slice it beforehand.
Some are spiral sliced in the package. Typically the smaller versions like this one are not. Use a sharp knife and make slices you would as if you were to serve it.
Cut it about 3/4 of the way down leaving the bottom attached. When you pour on your mustard sauce make sure it gets in between each slice.
Ham in air fryer
- Cooked ham – ours was 3.5 lbs. (I wouldn’t buy much larger)
- 7.5″ springform pan
- or wrap the ham in tinfoil but that is messier
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic
- Brown sugar
- Water or broth
I just whisk the sauce together in a large measuring cup so I can pour it on throughout the cooking process.
Here are step by step directions but there is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well.
Time needed: 47 minutes.
Air Fryer Ham
Slice whole boneless ham 3/4 of the way down, don’t have your slices go all the way down. Leave some attached at the bottom so it doesn’t fall apart.
In a large mixing cup or bowl melt butter, then add all other ingredients and whisk together well.
Lightly spray inside of 7.5″ springform pan with non stick spray. Put ham inside and pour 1/2 of your honey glaze mixture on top and in between slices.
Put foil over the top of the pan and put it inside your air fryer basket.
Cook at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes cook time. Open the foil, pour 1/2 of what brown sugar glaze you have left over the top. Recover and continue to cook another 20 minutes.
Remove top of the foil and reset temp to 360 degrees F for 5 minutes. Pour or brush the glaze over the ham (what’s left) and continue cooking for 2 minutes to brown the top.
When timer is up leave basket closed for 5 – 15 minutes more so insides of ham can continue to warm. Remove, slice, and serve with 1/4 cup sauce on bottom of pan poured on top.
That’s how you make this honey baked ham in your small kitchen appliance. You can even make an air fryer turkey breast for the next holiday to mix it up now.
Air frying the ham really does turn out great, but what if you want to pressure cook it first? Well, if you have a Ninja Foodi you can do both right in the same pot!
This has a richer, stickier pineapple ham glaze that people go crazy over. Try this and our Ninja Foodi ham recipe and see which one you like best.
Nutritional information will vary depending on the fat content on the piece of meat you choose.
Air Fryer Ham
- Slice whole ham 3/4 of the way down, don't have your slices go all the way down. Leave some attached at the bottom so it doesn't fall apart.
- In a large mixing cup or bowl melt butter, then add all other ingredients and whisk together well.
- Lightly spray inside of 7.5" springform pan with non stick spray. Put ham inside and pour 1/2 of your glaze mixture on top and in between slices.
- Put foil over the top of the pan and put it inside your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes. Then take off foil, pour 1/2 of what glaze you have left over the top. Recover and continue to cook another 20 minutes.
- Then take foil off and reset temp to 360 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining glaze over the top and continue cooking for 2 minutes to brown the top. When timer is up leave basket closed for 5 more minutes so insides of ham can continue to warm.
- Remove, slice, and serve with sauce on bottom of pan poured on top.