Here is the best leftover ham recipe you will ever make and your kids will absolutely love! Use your ham leftovers after the holidays to make these crescent roll ham turnovers or rollup that a great lunch or dinner idea.
I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for a different and easy leftover ham recipe after Easter and Christmas. I usually have a lot left and half of it gets thrown out because we have had enough sandwiches and soup using it. I usually buy a large one since they are so inexpensive around that time and know it will last us thru the next week with all the leftovers. (post revised, originally published 2/14)
Although I love throwing leftovers into our crockpot split pea soup I needed a few more ideas to make it last a bit longer.
- A few years ago I came up with this yummy (and super easy) leftover ham recipe to make them into little “turnovers” that everyone enjoyed + I have another 20 leftover ham recipes at the bottom of this post as well!
Let us know what you think.
All you do is cube the ham/turkey grate the cheese, add the rest of the ingredients and stir in a bowl.
Then lay each crescent roll with the larger part of the triangle inside the muffin tin and the smaller end hanging out.
Scoop the mixture inside the muffin cup, and fold the smaller end over the top and tuck it underneath a bit.
Bake until they’re browned on top and waaallaahhhhh…..they are great!
This leftover ham recipe only takes about 8-10 minutes to bake, or until the tops are nice and brown.
- Make sure they are pretty golden on top or else the insides of the crescents will be a bit gooey and that isn’t good.
- The kids find them really fun because they can pick it up and eat it without any utensils really, and it’s a quick meal I can serve with a side of salad and we’re done!
Here’s what you need to make this easy leftover ham recipe
- Cubed or leftover ham
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Swiss cheese
- Muffin pan
Then try our other fun muffin tin recipes!
Looking for more leftover ham recipes?
- Instant Pot barley soup with diced leftover ham
- Black eyed peas and ham
- Copycat Starbucks sous vide eggs
- Ham and cheese roll ups
Leftover Ham Recipe
- 2 c ham cubed
- 1 - 1.5 swiss cheese shredded
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- pinch of dill
- pinch of salt
- 1 container crescent rolls refrigerated, to make 8
- muffin pan
- Cube ham, shred cheese, and add to a bowl. Add mayonnaise. If you want more of a coating you can add a bit more mayo, up to you.
- I like to add a pinch of dill and salt, you could add a pinch of thyme too.
- Spray muffin pan with non stick spray and lay crescent rolls inside holes with the larger side of the triangle on the bottom of the muffin pan holes.
- Mix ham mixture and fill muffin holes, then fold small part of crescent triangle over the top of the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until tops are nice and brown.
Here’s another fun leftover ham recipe using a crescent sheet (no perforations)
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!